Griese: the eventual starter in Miami and his departure in Denver | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Griese: the eventual starter in Miami and his departure in Denver

GrieseInMiami

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The Palm Beach Post reports the Miami Dolphins are so intrigued about the possibility of adding QB Brian Griese of the Denver Broncos as their backup QB that offensive coordinator Norv Turner spoke to Griese by phone on Tuesday. Because he remains under contract with Denver, Dolphins are not allowed to talk publicly about him. "I think he'd love to get home," agent Ralph Cindrich said. "He's looking for a starting opportunity, but it's got to be the right circumstances. Miami would be a good fit in a lot of ways."

When have you ever seen the offensive coordinator so interested in bringing in a backup qb to hold a clipboard? Griese has all physical tools to beat out Fielder for the job. Griese is also MUCH smarter than Fielder, even though Fielder went to an Ivy League college. In fact, Griese digested almost the entire offensive playbook of the Broncos in his rookie season. He simply amazed Mike Shanahan and Gary Kubiak with how EASILY he could grasp their complex schemes and formations. So that in the following season when John retired, Griese was already on Shanahan and Kubiak's radar.

Why the Broncos will release Griese
- Griese was and is not the ideal qb in Shanahan's offense. Despite being the 10th rated qb this past season and having posted an 8-5 record, Shanahan used Griese as his scapegoat into to lure free agent qb Jake Plummer to Denver. Griese did not fit the rollout and bootleg plays in which Shanahan was accustomed to calling with Steve Young and John Elway. Shanahan wanted someone who was more in the mode of a Jeff Garcia and Rich Gannon- a scrabbling, mobile quarterback.

You realize that you have problems? :confused:

You are on the edge of trolling.....Judging by your screen name I can see you have an agenda here.....learn a new topic for your next thread....I'll let this one stay because of the Norv phone call....the rest of this topic has been beat to death......

He might be a smarter QB than Fiedler. But you can't even try to say he's more intelligent than Jay (degree in Engineering Sciences). Dartmouth education doesn't lie. You don't get athletic scholarships to go there. But you do get them to go to Michigan.

That said, Brian was Academic All-Big 10 as a junior (political science major) and won a national championship as a senior. So he's no dummy.

But Jay's "brother" could probably kick all of Brian's brother's asses all at once. :tongue:

Brian Griese's first piece of Miami Dolphins issued equipment...

clear.gif

Originally posted by GrieseInMiami

When have you ever seen the offensive coordinator so interested in bringing in a backup qb to hold a clipboard? Griese has all physical tools to beat out Fielder for the job. Griese is also MUCH smarter than Fielder, even though Fielder went to an Ivy League college. In fact, Griese digested almost the entire offensive playbook of the Broncos in his rookie season. He simply amazed Mike Shanahan and Gary Kubiak with how EASILY he could grasp their complex schemes and formations. So that in the following season when John retired, Griese was already on Shanahan and Kubiak's radar.

- Griese was and is not the ideal qb in Shanahan's offense. Despite being the 10th rated qb this past season and having posted an 8-5 record, Shanahan used Griese as his scapegoat into to lure free agent qb Jake Plummer to Denver. Griese did not fit the rollout and bootleg plays in which Shanahan was accustomed to calling with Steve Young and John Elway. Shanahan wanted someone who was more in the mode of a Jeff Garcia and Rich Gannon- a scrabbling, mobile quarterback.

I guess you missed the article in today's Miami Herald huh?

Read it and ya might want to change your name to Griese Backs Up Miami.............

Dreamer

I think Griese will be starter come post-season. i hope not but i think he will. im a fiedler supporter but until he proves he can play a whole season without gettin hurt he will only be a mediocre QB. Griese will steal his job once he gets injured.

Originally posted by Flipper34
I think Griese will be starter come post-season. i hope not but i think he will. im a fiedler supporter but until he proves he can play a whole season without gettin hurt he will only be a mediocre QB. Griese will steal his job once he gets injured.

Jay was injury-free in 2001. Also this new guy, I understand your favorite player is Griese but he will not be starting, so you won't see much of him plaing unless Fiedler gets injured.

Originally posted by inFINSible
You are on the edge of trolling.....Judging by your screen name I can see you have an agenda here.....learn a new topic for your next thread....I'll let this one stay because of the Norv phone call....the rest of this topic has been beat to death......

I am offended by these comments, and I also disappointed with the members on this board. You guys should show more respect for the son of Bob Griese. This isn't any qb that may sign with you guys. This is the son of a Dolphin legend. Are you guys really Dolphin fans? You could have fooled me. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by GrieseInMiami

I see nothing in their but second hand info, we all know how valuable second hand info is, don't we?

1st Griese has to pass a physical, then hehas to sign with the Dolphins, then he has to get the offense down, before he can even think of contending for the #1 spot. If he does not have the right attitude he will never make it anywhere.

As Fiedler has said himself, he knows what backup QB's have on their minds. If anything this has just shown to be another reason to like and support Fiedler. The guy is simply a class act.

Oliver...

Last edited by a moderator:
Offended? Please... inFINS hit it right on the head, and you know it.

as far as being Dolphin Fans... We are... is Griese a Dolphin?

Keep it real here ... or take it somewhere else.

Originally posted by T-ROCK
Brian Griese's first piece of Miami Dolphins issued equipment...

clear.gif

LOL! :lolcry:

Oliver...

Back
Top Bottom