griese the the last piece? hardly...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

griese the the last piece? hardly......

badfoot

nonpredictor
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I am laughing right now at the unbrideled joy that most are showing for the signing of the wonderboy... I have NEVER been impressed with griese (son that is) He is mediocre at best and has shown that and all the drinking stuff is a sure sign that this guy is NOT his father .....imho anyone who thinks griese is gonna help us get to the sb is just silly he will be lucky to learn norvs offense in time to make a differance and holding out for the money we gave him is ridiculous ..He was replaced by jake plummer for christ sake ..i say let him go to chicago or greenbay ...he isnt worth a contract like the one he got and next year we will be in the **** as far as qb's go with both fiedler and griese commanding huge amounts of money ...we all better hope sage is gonna be good or we are in real trouble ....My friend(a loyal jets fan )has predicted that griese will take us to the super bowl.. I just laughed and layed money that a guy with three shoulder surgeries and a drinking problem is not gonna do it .. I predict he gets hurt in training camp or preseason and sage turns out to be the man ... I am sorry but i cant justify the contract this guy was given .. I mean his choices were gb and chicago both on a downward spiral in my opinion ...and there was no way he was going to either..just a ploy for our team to waste more money ... I would rather have niel odonnal and he sucks.bad move by the front office .. they put all their eggs into a fragile and mentally unstable guy .... bad move

I think you're wrong on several counts.

Why is it so hard for everyone to get it through there head that Fiedled is the starter. Griese is the back-up. I will say that agian. He is the back-up. I have never been a big supporter of Jay but if he plays as well as he did last year before he was injured then all will be well. If the team stays healthy and December does not happen again then this team can go as far as anyone. The reason we needed Griese is becasue as much as a bastard he may seem to be, he will be able to play if Fielder gos down. Lets not forget the worst QB play in Dolphins history last year when Lucas played. I don't think Brian would play that bad.

If Griese happened to be our back up last year (This is a guess of course) but, I would say he would of either 3-3 or 4-2. Who was it? The Bills who hardly beat us with like 6 turnovers? I mean..the little things count.

They did not put all their eggs into anything...if you look at the contract, he is slated to make big money next year, not this year. What we do with that contract next year all depends on how the coaches feel about his performance after this year. We have three options; we can keep his contract and cut Fiedler (if he shows he can handle the starting job), trade him/cut him outright and either look for another backup or hope Sage is good enough, or we could try to restructure Grise and/or Fiedler's contracts. The point is our back up in 2003 has extensive starting experience and could be starting calibre, which makes our depth at the position better and the chances of a Lucas-like meltdown slimmer. No doubt about it, it was a good move by the FO.

my piece

being a bit lazy and pasting some stuff i did elsewhere

if you look at rationally, most of what is said invariably falls somewhere in between, take Jay, not as bad as some say he is, but equally not as good as some say he is, he is in imo a pretty average NFL QB, who can win in this league, but has shown some frailties, as IS Brian Griese, we are not talking second coming here, Mr Griese has his faults also on a football field, he needs alot in place to succeed himself. But given NFL of today where only a minority of QBs reside in top echelon, you pretty much have to let guys like Jay/Griese start where in heady days of Marino/Elway etc they would be backups only. Griese and Jay are good enough to lead this team as a WHOLE, execute the offence and not be asked to do HOF heroics, Griese shades it as better QB IF at his best, but he has to rediscover that first, but given whole of team and NFL QBs of present Griese/Jay both can get it done given TEAM as it stands and with platform of Ricky Williams and defensive focus on him(still love us getting him, another kudos move) ....Way this season is set up, i expect EITHER of our QBS to be very productive in efficiency, not gaudy numbers, but to be really effective in capitalising on all the team does around them, but do not expect miracles from either, both are flawed and not the QB we eventually hope to have again.

as fans of team we all should be made up by upgrading a very important position.there is no point scoring, its lame, so whoever starts is irrelevant to me, i just want the most productive players out there getting this team where it belongs at any position, if Jays doing it thats fine, if its Griese again fine, been supporting team along time, had some favourite players along the way, but one constant is TEAM, and whatever it takes to get the aqua colours flying high over a SB triumph gets my approval, and getting Griese increases talent pool of squad, it should be applauded

I agree mjh56///and there is the crux of the situation..two average qb's who should be able to manage the game for us and guide us to the promise land.

Originally posted by badfoot
....My friend(a loyal jets fan )has predicted that griese will take us to the super bowl.. I just laughed and layed money that a guy with three shoulder surgeries and a drinking problem is not gonna do it ..

Hey you never know, ever heard of Kerry Collins.

NFL stands for "NOT FOR LONG" I hope Fielder treats this as a wake up call. I have complete confidence in Brian Griese.

Originally posted by MoeGoFins13
NFL stands for "NOT FOR LONG" I hope Fielder treats this as a wake up call. I have complete confidence in Brian Griese.

I hope they both use this as a wake up call.

There has never been a starting QB that has done less with more than Griese.

Oliver...

Originally posted by dolphanjo
i jsut think your off base period

Who me?

If so Griese was 27-24 as their starting QB, now you tell me, is that what you want from your starting QB?

I don't think so.

Oliver...

Originally posted by badfoot
I am laughing right now at the unbrideled joy that most are showing for the signing of the wonderboy... I have NEVER been impressed with griese (son that is) He is mediocre at best and has shown that and all the drinking stuff is a sure sign that this guy is NOT his father .....imho anyone who thinks griese is gonna help us get to the sb is just silly he will be lucky to learn norvs offense in time to make a differance and holding out for the money we gave him is ridiculous ..He was replaced by jake plummer for christ sake ..i say let him go to chicago or greenbay ...he isnt worth a contract like the one he got and next year we will be in the **** as far as qb's go with both fiedler and griese commanding huge amounts of money ...we all better hope sage is gonna be good or we are in real trouble ....My friend(a loyal jets fan )has predicted that griese will take us to the super bowl.. I just laughed and layed money that a guy with three shoulder surgeries and a drinking problem is not gonna do it .. I predict he gets hurt in training camp or preseason and sage turns out to be the man ... I am sorry but i cant justify the contract this guy was given .. I mean his choices were gb and chicago both on a downward spiral in my opinion ...and there was no way he was going to either..just a ploy for our team to waste more money ... I would rather have niel odonnal and he sucks.bad move by the front office .. they put all their eggs into a fragile and mentally unstable guy .... bad move

they are happy that he is backing up fiedler instead of Lucas, most realize by now that this guy will not be starting if Fiedler plays like he did before his injury in week 6. Its not like we are signing a Lawrence Phillips or Cecil Collins, Griese isnt that bad...he can use this place to have a clean slate.

I disagree with the thread. this is a perfect one year fit for griese to redefine himself. Jay was a good- great QB as far as winning games until the injury. i dont see a QB controversy at all except one continuously brought up by the media. griese will backup and that will be that. and another thing to think about, griese is not a great personality. that means jay and griese wont be clicking with each other on the "helping each other" front. that works in jays favor.

Back
Top Bottom