Griese's Passer Rating | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Griese's Passer Rating

msbdolfan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
After this game, his passer rating was a 98.5!!! That is pretty good.. Even though we lost, at least we know we have a QB that can throw!

I agree. QB is no longer a problem position. I feel it's actually a position of strength.

I keep looking, but I can't see an answer to the O-line problem. Can the Dolphins do anything to improve it this year?

Would using the shotgun more help?

Miami will have to keep Ricky or Konrad in the bakfield to help Wade out.. To have Wade Smith one on one next week against Kearse would be a disaster waiting to happen..

The only thing I can think of is to change our cheme slight to give the O-line more help. Instead of having EVERY eligible receiver go out somewhere and wait for a pass. Have them stay in and BLOCK. We finally have a QB that can deliver the ball to the open man... Forget the dumpoffs and get the ball to Chambers and McKnight. The Fullback/Running Back can stay in and block!

Griese's rating has always been excellent. Of course, that isn't really hard to do when the vast majority of your passes are under 10 yards. It was at least in Denver, an illusion imo. He always dumped the ball to the first guy he saw open, which typically was a very short pass. He had in his last year in Denver the lowest # of yards per toss average in the NFL as a QB.

I'll take a make-play QB anyday. Griese unforunately was always a makeplay QB, but typically making it in a bad way that benefitted the other team (int's on game winning drives, sacks, fumbles etc).

Anyway, I really do still wish him well. I jus' think people are going to be changing their tune in a few more weeks if he keeps playing like he did in Denver. Consistant, short passes turns out doesn't win a lot of games I've found. He did it in Denver and kept some games close, but ultimately lost them all.

BroncoFox

Hey BroncoFox...GO AWAY. I don't think anyone really cares what you think about Griese. BTW...who's starting for your beloved Broncos now?
Actually, I don't even think you're a Bronco fan. "I really do wish him well"....SURE!! You've already bashed him on 3 different threads today . What's your motive? Why are you here? I don't think the Fins are playing the Broncos this year so you and your pathetic opinions on our QB are dismissed.

GreenFin, please don't feed the trolls.

Originally posted by BroncoFox
Griese's rating has always been excellent. Of course, that isn't really hard to do when the vast majority of your passes are under 10 yards.

What the hell are you talking about? Didn't catch the two passes to Lee, the one to McMichael, and the TD pass to Dub-C?

:rolleyes:

Griese did just enough to say "it's not my fault that we lost". Same old Griese. He did a few things that I wish he had done more of with the Broncos. He attacked down field, and it worked well. Why wouldn't he do that with the Broncos? Can't blame the scheme, because Griese was the only QB that didn't attack down field. Plummer, Beuerlein, and Kanell have all attacked down field, but Griese woudn't.

But there were a few things that I noticed that shows that he's the same old Griese. 2 costly fumbles. 1-10 3rd down conversions. And he was sacked 5 times. Even with the pressure, a moble QB wouldn't have been sacked all those times. That's the Griese that we saw with the Broncos the last few years. But people will say that Ricky Williams was shut down, or that the D didn't play well. Ricky was shut down because the Colts loaded the box, so Griese should have had a field day. The D didn't play well, but it wouldn't have mattered if Griese could have gotten them more than 17 points.

Griese is an above average QB most of the time. When the rush gets to him he becomes a below average QB because it can't avoid the pressure, and he'll turn the ball over.

For those of you that want to put all the sacks on the O line, and not blame Griese for any of them; the most Fiedler was sacked in any game was 2 times. He was sacked twice in two different games. That's the most sacks the fish's O line has given up in any one game. Put Griese in, and he gets sacked 5 times.

Funny thing, the sack total in Denver went down with Plummer, after it was an all time high with Griese. And there was no change with any of the offensive linemen.

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
Miami will have to keep Ricky or Konrad in the bakfield to help Wade out.. To have Wade Smith one on one next week against Kearse would be a disaster waiting to happen..

I agree Rude..I think we should but Konrad, Williams, and our backup TE and then maybe Wade could do something..He was terrible today and Wannstedt will see that in the game films...

What's up with the guys registering just to rag on Griese? Did someone change the site's name to "Trollheaven?"

Back
Top Bottom