Griese's Start

DOLFANMIKE

Coaches Corner
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
"DOLPHINS QUARTERBACK
Griese gets starting call
With Jay Fiedler's unstable knee making his status uncertain, team officials introduce Brian Griese as tonight's starter."
BY ARMANDO SALGUERO

Well, I have to admit I'm excited to see Griese play tonight. Regardless of if he does poor, great, or in between it's too bad he missed some time with the foot injury. No matter how he performs I'll wonder how much better he could have done if he'd have been practicing the whole time.

I'm hoping to see a Griese to Chambers connection tonight early and often.

Great point. I think that gets lost on everyone. At least we are trying to do somehting different. By all accounts the offense is in trouble.

If Griese doesn't work out then we can go back to Jay and at least know what we have.

Who knows, maybe the shake up will turn him around.

Griese's toe is fine. It's all about execution now. I'm excited. Hopefully he'll give us something to stay excited about. :)

Exactly.......we can't keep doing the same thing or using the same players and expect different results.

Since the Chargers pass rush is not considered as good as previous opponents, Griese should have a good chance.

I am excited too... He could be just the spark that the team needs... But then again, I remember being excited when Lucas was starter last year against Buffalo as well... Thustly, I am trying to temper my excitement with realism.

I just hope this fires up the whole team and we get some real momentum going for the rest of the season.

Originally posted by Merman
Since the Chargers pass rush is not considered as good as previous opponents, Griese should have a good chance.

I'm not buying that stuff anymore...

We've played teams all year that have "secondaries that are not as good as previous opponents", yet they always seem to show up against us. Right now the Chargers fans are all saying "Well Miami has a terrible offense so we should be able to hold them to a low score"... But that could all change tonight... Maybe San Diego's pass rush will be good AND our offense will be good... You just never know what a team is going to do until they get on the field and do it.

Either way, its good to start fresh. I don't think Griese is the savior nor do I think Fiedler is as bad as advertised.
However, its important to see what Griese can bring to the table. No one can make a valid argument that our offense is capable of keeping up with teams like the Chiefs or Titans, especially on the road or in the playoffs. If our goal is simply to make the playoffs and lose in round 1 or 2 then it's ok to keep things the way they have been going. If we are shooting for the Lombardi Trophy we must shake up the offense right now, otherwise we are doomed to another failed season.

Originally posted by gottahavefootba
LINK??

The quote is from the Herald. Also check the Finheaven frontpage.

BTW -

I expect Randy McMichael to have a great game with Griese at the helm. Griese is great at throwing those TE area routes and McMichael is hot right now.....so I expect to see lots of underneath connections with the occasional bomb.
Griese's play action will set up alot of stuff for our boys, and he is one of the leagues better QB's at leading the WR. It could be a fun night if Griese is prepared to play.

yep, yep, and yep... regardless of how we feel about the situation, its time to get behind BG, even if it is only for a week. go Dolphins, go Griese, and please oh please throw it to Chambers early, often and near the end zone. im playing my brother in FF this week, and it comes down to this: i have Chambers, Ogunleye, and Zeke Moreno of SD left to play tonite, and he has Ricky and Mare. im up by enough to offset Mare unless he has a huge game. we are both big Dolphion fans so this one ought to be fun to watch...

Back
Top Bottom