Griese's Start | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Griese's Start

Re: BTW -

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE
I expect Randy McMichael to have a great game with Griese at the helm. Griese is great at throwing those TE area routes and McMichael is hot right now.....so I expect to see lots of underneath connections with the occasional bomb.
Griese's play action will set up alot of stuff for our boys, and he is one of the leagues better QB's at leading the WR. It could be a fun night if Griese is prepared to play.

Ohhhhh yeah, didn't Shannon Sharpe have like a 200-something yard game last year? Griese may not be as mobile as Fiedler, but some of his strengths, such as play-action, hitting the TE and underneath stuff, etc., could explode in this offense.

I just hope BG looks better tonight than what I saw in the pre-season.

OK.... Im still a Fiedler guy, as unpopular as that may be around here, however, I just want the Dolphins to win. If Brian Griese is going to help us do that tonight, then so be it. If Griese does so well tonight and jump starts this offense, then I want number 14 behind center. Just remember what happened last year with Ray Lucas. Everyone wanted to see what he could do, and we got to see it, it wasnt pretty. Im not comparing the two guys, Im just saying that the fans are reacting the same way they did last year. Now remember, Jay does have the 2nd highest winning percentage in the NFL, and its just not the defence getting those wins, remember it was the same defence that played with Lucas that plays with Jay Fiedler.

GO DOLPHINS, get the win, and..... My thoughts are with the people of southern California that are battling those fires. I hope that all "simmers" down.

Originally posted by WestPhish
I just hope BG looks better tonight than what I saw in the pre-season.

I think the "rust" will show.

Then the "I told you so" will fly around here.:rolleyes:

My question to that statement would be "so we remain content to go 9-7 and miss or lose in the first round of the playoffs again huh?"

Mediocrity is overated.

I admit I've been a Fiedler supporter from day one and was really hoping he woulkd silence his critics this year. Unfortunately I am quickly becoming one of those critics. I don't think the offensive struggles are all Jay's fault. The O-line is not blocking as good as last season and I think it's questionable as to whether the receivers are really getting open. Chris Chambers and Derrius Thompson should be ashamed of themselves becuase they really should have been able to dominate against the number 3 and 4 New England corners. Not to mention New England was all about stopping the running game first and the fins couldn't take advantage of that. I hate to say this but DERIIUS THOMPSON is no ORANDE GADSDEN. Gadsden may have not had any speed but he found a way to get open. Botton line after all that rambling is I'm excited to see what Griese can do tonight. However I still say that if Griese's physical attributes are that much better than Jay's it would have shown in practice and he would be the starter anyway.

I'm excited about Griese starting too. It's okay to be rusty, just not so much that interceptions are the talk of the night. It's a national stage and everyone who loves football will be watching, especially the Colts.

Back
Top Bottom