Grimes robbed!!!!!!!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Grimes robbed!!!!!!!!!

Let's be honest, if you play on the Dolphins you have to do something head and shoulders above the rest of the pack...we get NO respect.

Grimes had a very good year but did so quietly due to our collapse at year end. If we made some noise in the playoffs he would have received some national attention. Heck, a few Jets fans I work with don't even know who Grimes is. I know I sure do.

Let's be honest, if you play on the Dolphins you have to do something head and shoulders above the rest of the pack...we get NO respect.

Grimes had a very good year but did so quietly due to our collapse at year end. If we made some noise in the playoffs he would have received some national attention. Heck, a few Jets fans I work with don't even know who Grimes is. I know I sure do.
I work with a Falcons fan and every time the Dolphins played on prime time I would hear it the next morning. "Man I wish we had Grimes back" I also heard from a lot of other fans that Grimes is a gamer.

If we win on the field, we will get lots of respect. Until we do, recognition of our position players will be an uphill battle.

I'm sure Rivers is a deserving recipient as he had a great year! We are all homers and huge fans of Grimes........so I agree, he got robbed. I think what is more important with Grimes is that he feels the love from the Phins from both the fans as thanks for his effort and performance in 2013 and from the front office in terms of a new agreement.

I work with a Falcons fan and every time the Dolphins played on prime time I would hear it the next morning. "Man I wish we had Grimes back" I also heard from a lot of other fans that Grimes is a gamer.

Atlanta played the odds and let Grimes go elsewhere and it bit them in but for trying to go to low on contract offer. Cant blame them in a way but their defense needed help

---------- Post added at 11:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

I hope we do resign Grimes to like a 2 year contract although u never know what teams would want to offer.
I think he will get franchised and that's it

Wow I always thought it was about coming back from an injury. Has there been another recent example of a player winning this award who was simply coming back from a down year stats-wise?

Grimes over came a serious injury, he should have received the award. I have a feeling that the taint of Martin probably had an effect, plus our ending the season with 2 losses. The team basically quit.

Surprised but yet not surprised Grimes did not win the award. Went from injured and forgotten to one of the top rated CBs in the game. Crazy comeback when the injury could ended his career

Since '72, a Dolphin has won the PFW/PFWA version of the award 4 times. This is the one that has been around the longest (AP, since '98, and Sporting News, since '08, also give out a Comeback Player of the Year award). 4 times in 42 years. Do the math. We've gotten more than our share of respect.

Grimes over came a serious injury, he should have received the award. I have a feeling that the taint of Martin probably had an effect, plus our ending the season with 2 losses. The team basically quit.

What does Martin have to do with how Grimes played? Your logic makes no sense to me.

In the minds of the voters, the "taint" may or may not have had an effect. No one knows. But, to discount the perception that bad publicity could have effected the outcome of the voting is naivety IMHO.
Grimes had a very serious injury, and he had a great season. So...something else came into play.
Just my .02

Back
Top Bottom