Guess I shouldve posted this earlier... (RE: NFL Sunday Ticket) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Guess I shouldve posted this earlier... (RE: NFL Sunday Ticket)

I have Direct TV and just signed up for the Ticket for the first time. That "Ehanced Ticket" seems oh so awesome. Too bad I'm po too.

How about HDTV?

I just got a HDTV ready tv and am going to get the HDTV sattelite box to convert it to full HDTV. Does anyone know if I can get the HDTV converter for Direct tv with a TIVO? Is the NFL package shown in hdtv?

RAB,

as far as i know, the DVR's don't record HDTV. i just bought the phillips DVR7000, it doesn't. and from what i can remember from the web sites i've been to, there is a big disclaimer on every model that says the same thing.

i'd like to hear from others that have had their systems longer than i have.

Re: How about HDTV?

Originally posted by RICKYSABEAST
I just got a HDTV ready tv and am going to get the HDTV sattelite box to convert it to full HDTV. Does anyone know if I can get the HDTV converter for Direct tv with a TIVO? Is the NFL package shown in hdtv?

The DirecTV DVR does not record or PLAY HDTV content. You would need to have one of DirecTV's HDTV boxes in order to do that. HOWEVER, information has been released that DirecTV will release a new Tivo-based DVR box that WILL be capable of playing and recording HDTV based content. Suposedly, it should go on sale towards the end of the year.

For the person who asked how much the DVR is... Currently there are many deals floating around the net for NEW DirecTV subscribers for you to get the DVR box for between $49 and $99, including installation. Existing customers can get one for $199... however I think if you call DirecTV and complain enough they will give it to you for the new customer price.

Back
Top Bottom