Guess who my bro saw at the Sawgrass... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Guess who my bro saw at the Sawgrass...

TerryTate

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
My brother and his buddies were at the Oasis at the Sawgrass Mills mall tonight...and behind them waiting in line for something....was Ray Lucas....

Now, with as much as I have vented my frustrations on this guy and I realize that he is a failure and he stinks, I have to give the guy credit....with some of the moron fans that are out there (99% of them being raider fans...but anyways) at least Ray musters up the courage to bring his family into a public place with possible risk of public jeer. Like the moron that ripped into Wannstedt only to find Dave sitting not too far away from them...anyways, according to my bro, no one ripped into him, maybe it was because he was with his wife and two small children. Apparently he is still in town and realizes that no teams are calling him...although the guy doenst have much of a shot to salvage a career, I wish him the best of luck, cause I feel bad for him...for a guy to come into miami and put a playoff team on his back and to fail like he did was devestating to his image, and at least he was able to take his family out with no encounters from dumb@$$ fans.

My bro said he had a new escalade with a huge TV in the back, so hes well off and doesnt have to make an ass out of himself anymore i guess...

matt

Poor guy. As a player he sucks but as a person he was a good guy who took the blame on himself. GOod Luck to him and his family.

Well, Parcells warned him...."if you opt to play QB, it could end your NFL career" ....and it was a gamble he was willing to take

Shows he's a gutsy guy who's not afraid to take a risk to go after the ultimate dream.

I thought some of the fire he took got a way too nasty and personal. He's just a man. He puts his pants on just like us. Yes, he's in the public eye and criticism is part of the job. But he should never have to take the personal assault he did.

I guess one way to look at it was that he had some big league success playing the toughest position in America's favorite game. I thank him for giving 110% and doing the best he could here. Good luck to him.

Originally posted by Muck
Shows he's a gutsy guy who's not afraid to take a risk to go after the ultimate dream.

I thought some of the fire he took got a way too nasty and personal. He's just a man. He puts his pants on just like us. Yes, he's in the public eye and criticism is part of the job. But he should never have to take the personal assault he did.

I guess one way to look at it was that he had some big league success playing the toughest position in America's favorite game. I thank him for giving 110% and doing the best he could here. Good luck to him.

It'd be nice if fans took that approach to the guy who is still on the roster and is the starting QB... Guess respect can only come when a player is gone...

After all, isn't Fiedler going after the dream, too??? After basically being out of football and getting a second shot, hasn't he overcome massive odds to get to where he's at???

Originally posted by T-ROCK

It'd be nice if fans took that approach to the guy who is still on the roster and is the starting QB... Guess respect can only come when a player is gone...

After all, isn't Fiedler going after the dream, too??? After basically being out of football and getting a second shot, hasn't he overcome massive odds to get to where he's at???

Hear, hear. Jay has been under so much criticism and pressure, but he takes it and presses on. I have a lot of respect for him. As far as Lucas is concerned, he's gone and he shouldn't have to put up with harassment when out in public. The guy did alright with the Jets and he played well for us in the preseason. Who can explain it. He just lost his composure when he had to start. He looked scared. I wish him well.

I don't think some people realize how hard it is and how much dedication and sacrafice it takes to get to the NFL. Whether you succeed or fail, giving 110% is all you can ask. The rest is up to the coaches; to decide who should play...

Originally posted by Prime Time
Poor guy. As a player he sucks but as a person he was a good guy who took the blame on himself. GOod Luck to him and his family.

I agree with that statement completely. Ray sucks, ya know. But still he's my guy. I like guys like him that take the blame..

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

I agree with that statement completely. Ray sucks, ya know. But still he's my guy. I like guys like him that take the blame..

True true, there's more than one person to a football team, but he took all of the blame after the loss(es).

It does take a person to cowboy up and admit that all 6 turn over's were his fault. I mean, besides that being the truth, it had to be tough to admit it after the fact. But since that fateful day, I have no fanfare to him or for him. He's just another football player to me.

I wish him good luck. It didn't work out for him or us but no reason to hate the guy.

Ozzy rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I dont HATE the guy, that could be a strong word...but given his tenure here and how he always looked so good in practice, I hope the guy stubs his toe on a rock sometime for the way he played in games.

I mean, make no bones about it, we lost out on a championship run because he couldn't play the position of quarterback with any modicum of competancy. Heck all I ask is that you not stumble all over yourself every third snapback, all I ask is that you hand the ball off to Ricky without fumbling it. Or throw it to our guys more than theirs. The reason I'm mad is I know he has that ability, I've personally seen it in practice, in other games, etc. But we lost out on a championship run cuz he couldn't calm down and aim for the toilet instead of firehosing it all over the bathroom walls. Back to huggies training pants for him.

I hope he gets another chance. If he calms down during games he could be AT LEAST as good as Kordell Stewart ever was.

Well... I still think he sucks. He stole every dollar we paid him. Period.

Originally posted by lotion
Well... He stole every dollar we paid him. Period.

I don't know about that. He took a beating out there trying his best for us. We were all pissed at the outcome but it's all over now. The man deserves no criticism in public, with or without his family.

Back
Top Bottom