Guys and Gals | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Guys and Gals

AllFinsAllDay

Active Roster
Reaction score
It's gonna be alright, we got one game that was bound to happen. I think the odds of us extending that streak was pretty unlikely, we played bad but that's why we have games every week. If Fitz would have pulled out the win it would have been great, but he didn't.

We have a game next week against the Jets and then the Bengals after that. We should be able to correct what was wrong and get back on track, this handwringing of worrying about Herbert is not something we should even care about
He is 3-7 and the Chargers are going nowhere this year, plus we already beat them.

Focus on the one that we are rolling with, I'm sure Tua feels like **** and is mad about getting benched. Like any other QB, he is going to want to prove the people wrong and come out there and play better.

Again, it's not all his fault entirely the offensive line was poor and our LB's were piss poor. The lack of speed to the edge was alarming along with the inability of our tackles to do what they were supposed to do.

Like Flores said "It's a team effort and we have to do better" and he is right.

The hype was getting to some people and I think expectations got the better of some people with fantasies of going 13-3 the rest of the way, it wasnt going to happen. One game at a time and you will be alright, but ease up on what you expect and you will not feel as bad going forward.

It's gonna be alright, we got one game that was bound to happen. I think the odds of us extending that streak was pretty unlikely, we played bad but that's why we have games every week. If Fitz would have pulled out the win it would have been great, but he didn't.

We have a game next week against the Jets and then the Bengals after that. We should be able to correct what was wrong and get back on track, this handwringing of worrying about Herbert is not something we should even care about
He is 3-7 and the Chargers are going nowhere this year, plus we already beat them.

Focus on the one that we are rolling with, I'm sure Tua feels like **** and is mad about getting benched. Like any other QB, he is going to want to prove the people wrong and come out there and play better.

Again, it's not all his fault entirely the offensive line was poor and our LB's were piss poor. The lack of speed to the edge was alarming along with the inability of our tackles to do what they were supposed to do.

The hype was getting to some people and I think expectations got the better of some people with fantasies of going 13-3 the rest of the way, it wasnt going to happen. One game at a time and you will be alright, but ease up on what you expect and you will not feel as bad going forward.
The defensive issue with the pulling linemen should be easy to address. So easy, in fact, I do wonder why it wasn't done on the fly.

Offensively is another story.

Either our line gels, or we will not be good. The more film DCs get on Tua and the "O", the worse it will be if he doesn't have time. He took some bonehead sacks, but there were too many of them that he really had no chance to do anything.

Last edited:
One thing I do know for sure is that Tua is not big and will never have the ability to throw a football when being wrapped up, Marino, Big ben, Allen, herbert, etc.. bring this to the position, Tua does not and never will.

Still remember my HS HC. 'Boys, if you play poorly, I'm gonna be on your case. If all of you play poorly, that's my fault.'

Sorry, but greatness overcomes adversity.

I stood by RT when he was been thrown to the slaughter with no help on the OL and skill positions.

This offence Tua has 3 times the talent at all positions.

If he can't handle it, draft the next.

I'm not going to scream and yell if they decide to move on.

I hope that isn't the case (necessary), but if it is, so be it.

Our abundance of draft capital isn't lasting forever. If we don't find the QB now, we miss a huge opportunity.

I believe he is saying that Tua has 3 times the talent Tannehill ever had. He's got a better Coach but that's about it. The 2018 team had Tunsil, Kenyon Drake, Stills, Grant, Amendola, Gore, Gisecki, JuAnn James, Albert Wilson and more. Tua has less weapons than Ryan had not 3 times more. Tua has Parker and Gisecki. Tannehill even has the amazing Kalen Ballage!

Damn! I forgot Burrow got hurt and is out for the rest of the year. That sucks!!

One thing I do know for sure is that Tua is not big and will never have the ability to throw a football when being wrapped up, Marino, Big ben, Allen, herbert, etc.. bring this to the position, Tua does not and never will.
This. Tua would not have been my choice at QB. He looks like a kid out there playing with the men.

Sorry, but greatness overcomes adversity.

I stood by RT when he was been thrown to the slaughter with no help on the OL and skill positions.

This offence Tua has 3 times the talent at all positions.

If he can't handle it, draft the next.

In regards to "3 times the talent", thats not accurate. The talent is fairly comparable. Tua has also started 4 games, not sure how we can even compare regardless. Thats why benching him is wrong, you let him play through adversity and see what he learns. Maybe Tua is the guy, maybe hes not. But we need to find out. Btw, the last few weeks he looked just fine, including the rally in Arizona. So its not like we haven't seen glimpses. Its brutal that in his 4th career start so many are abandoning ship already. Lets see how this season plays out.

You're calling out a bunch of guys who have had success, the list is much longer for those "big" guys who were awful qbs. In fact, many would make poor decisions and throw picks trying to make something happen. Its always a balance in the game situation when to take a sack vs throw away vs force a throw. Sure having Marino would be nice, but its far more common to NOT have that guy and not be good at it to boot.

Back
Top Bottom