Handing out big $$$ to Branch & Kiko instead of committing that money to a guard?? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Handing out big $$$ to Branch & Kiko instead of committing that money to a guard??

Snoop

Active Roster
Reaction score
That decision is looking REAL questionable right now.

This really bothers me so I have to get it off my chest, the interior of our line is as shaky and worrisome as any team in this league. I mean we are one Pouncey injury away (which some would call an inevitability) from a complete disaster. It's absolutely ridiculous and actually mind boggling to me that the man who as GM of the Jets put together the best OL in the league and watched them propel his team deep in the playoffs 2 years in a row despite a pretty bad QB leading the team has failed miserably to fix this unit now 3 years running.

$8/8.5 million per was the going rate for the better guards in free agency this year, and instead he choose to pay that amount to 2 mediocre players, one who's deal wasn't even up. It just makes no sense. I hope he's on the phone talking trade with some teams, we know he loves to ship off draft picks for players, this has to be addressed soon.

i think without 1-3 real games... that thread looks pretty stupid right now......
I concur!!! Ridiculous posts.. Plus we signed a very good G (Ted Larsen) and drafted one with lots of potentials.

Oh, btw. I promised to share FO's tackling stats for Kiko when they came out. They were not good: his average tackle came 5.2 yards behind the line of scrimmage (84th in the league) and his stop rate was 42% (87th). Stop rate is, to keep it simple, the % of tackles that are actually good plays for the defense as opposed to good plays for the offense.

Oh, btw. I promised to share FO's tackling stats for Kiko when they came out. They were not good: his average tackle came 5.2 yards behind the line of scrimmage (84th in the league) and his stop rate was 42% (87th). Stop rate is, to keep it simple, the % of tackles that are actually good plays for the defense as opposed to good plays for the offense.

BUT HE'S CUBAN!!!

They haven't played a meaningful game yet, give everything a chance to show it self then start whining if you wish.

Yup. And thanks for that.

But I had an "agenda".

Last edited:
It's not like we couldn't have done both. This staff has made a decision that they don't put a premium on guards, that much is obvious over the last few years.

we'd be making the same remarks about our lb core and depth at de if we had forgone the two players in the thread title...

keep a perspective - we took a shot on asiata....we have some depth at the position, and we have a better set of weapons on offense...

may not be as bad as it looks on paper

We know it bothers you, it's damn near the only thing you post about.

I would've preferred to sign a guard, and we all basically saw this shaky interior coming, but what can ya do.

I concur!!! Ridiculous posts.. Plus we signed a very good G (Ted Larsen) and drafted one with lots of potentials.

A very good guard in Ted Larsen? You can't be serious...A career journeyman backup is more like it
You're aware he only started 1-16 game season out of 7 seasons?

He's started 11-3-13-4-16-10-8 games in his past seasons
Ridiculous post is stating Ted Larsen is a VERY GOOD GUARD

Back
Top Bottom