Hands | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hands

royalshank

Not a Game-Changer
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I posted last week about how many drops we had through two weeks. The horrible hands continue - be one thing if it was a single player. But it is literally everyone from WRs to backs. That’s 3 TDs on the season that have been dropped. Two by Williams, 1 by Grant. Parker’s drop today may have been a TD as well. The jump ball catches are great but for ****s sake, can’t anyone take a pass in stride?

Coaching HS basketball years ago, one of the other coaches told the kids they'd do a better job catching the ball if they had hooks instead of hands.

I feel kind of the same about our Dolphin receivers this year. But it's OK. Because we'll be upgrading on about five of these guys in the next two years.

At what point do we blame coaching for all this?
I guess I don't know they could do about it other than roster decisions and I don't remember maybe options there. I guess they could bench a guy for drops but all that means is putting in another guy with drops.

At what point do we blame coaching for all this?
Dont know how you can blame a coaching staff when a professional football player, who gets paid to catch the ball, drops balls that are quite catchable. Thats on the players, not the coaches.

If I'm the coaches, our WR group is getting extensive work on the jugs machines this week. Maybe with the sprinklers randomly turned on. The amount of balls being dropped after hitting guys in the hands is mind numbing.

Williams has lots of potential, but he just can’t catch consistently. Parker and Grant are just what they have always been.

I think drops have been a problem for Miami for a very long time. Miami probably would have more playoff berths and a more recent playoff win if it wasn’t for drops.

Yeah... Williams seems like he can be so good but damn man, CATCH the ball!!!

Grant, I’m used to it and still hate it but I DETEST his drops on returns

Oh my, you can’t make chicken salad out of chicken ****

Well I didn't go to culinary school but I do watch football and I've seen coaching in Denver churn out 1k rushers like clockwork. I've seen that OL coach in NE churn out some of the best units in the NFL despite not having ultra talented players. I've seen Andy Reid work his magic on QB's time and again, hell even turned Vick into a decent passer 1 year. Our very own Don Shula took a team who never had a winning season in their brief 4 year history and went 10-4 his 1st year.

Back
Top Bottom