Hank Goldberg just said... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hank Goldberg just said...

zach13

Mad Dog
Reaction score
..he believes the Fins will start Griese next Mon at San Diego.

Also, he pinned the blame for the loss squarely on the shoulders of Mare and Norv.

His take in Fiedler was he was constantly being placed in 2nd and long because the Fins were calling runs on nearly every first down and that he completed some good throws regardless.

Also, he mentioned that twice Fiedler drove them the length of the field to put them in scoring position only to have the ball taken out of his hands in the Red Zone.

so he is saying it was not Jay's fault, but he will be benched ?

of course, with the injury it c/b a moot pt

thanks for the info

Originally posted by zachseau13
..Also, he mentioned that twice Fiedler drove them the length of the field to put them in scoring position only to have the ball taken out of his hands in the Red Zone.

I caught that..i wonder how much that (taking it out of jay's hands)plays on jay's pychie and homw much that plays into i wonder if that's part of the problem with Jay's inconsistency...

Re: Re: Hank Goldberg just said...

Originally posted by CA Dolfan

I caught that..i wonder how much that (taking it out of jay's hands)plays on jay's pychie and homw much that plays into i wonder if that's part of the problem with Jay's inconsistency...

It definetly showed no confidence in him. He played well during both drives it would have done wonders if they at least let him continue. He has won games for us before, who knows.
I guess now we'll see what Griese does, but I am not optimistic about that.

Re: Re: Re: Hank Goldberg just said...

Originally posted by fairbanksb

It definetly showed no confidence in him. He played well during both drives it would have done wonders if they at least let him continue. He has won games for us before, who knows.

I second that, I dont got a good feeling about BG. I hope I'm wrong.

Re: Re: Re: Hank Goldberg just said...

Originally posted by fairbanksb

Even a completely healthy BG lacks Jay's mobility. He'll get killed behind our OL.

Originally posted by CA Dolfan
this thread is gonna get moved...
is that what you want ? why bother w/this :topic: comment :nono:

I've said it before and I will say it now: Brian Griese may be no better than Jay Fiedler, but he's no worse. He's a different QB with different strengths and weaknesses. It may be that his strengths fit better with Norv's offense than Jay's do. We'll find out the hard way, it looks like. I don't think he will turn the ball over any more than Jay, though he may take more sacks. We do need to find out if he can do anything for us NOW, though...so we know whether to bring him back.

Originally posted by RikWriter
I've said it before and I will say it now: Brian Griese may be no better than Jay Fiedler, but he's no worse. He's a different QB with different strengths and weaknesses. It may be that his strengths fit better with Norv's offense than Jay's do. We'll find out the hard way, it looks like. I don't think he will turn the ball over any more than Jay, though he may take more sacks. We do need to find out if he can do anything for us NOW, though...so we know whether to bring him back.

If that's the case, I'll take three more sacks a game for three long bombs that go for td's. That would be nice, i'm sure no one would complain.

Whatever move they make, I'll support it and hope for the best.

It's called a sprained ligament in his knee. Give the guy a break. You all try avoiding getting flattened by a 325 pound guy on one good leg. I'm not saying he's the reincarnation of Marino but damn guys, you all are way too harsh on him. Let BG get the start in primetime, that will show us if he's really got it in him. If not, we go back to Jay after MNF. Or are all of you going to get on the 'hate BG' thread if he starts and beg them to put in Sage Rosenfels? Come on, let's not get hasty, the Broncos are at their 3rd QB and look where they are now. Deep hole.

Back
Top Bottom