Hank Goldberg just said... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hank Goldberg just said...

Originally posted by zachseau13

Also, he mentioned that twice Fiedler drove them the length of the field to put them in scoring position only to have the ball taken out of his hands in the Red Zone.

Hank Goldberg also said that both of the above mentioned times that the coaches were faced with the dilemma of whether to put the ball into the hands of an inconsistent Fiedler to continue the drive or to sit on the ball and rely on the foot of Mare to win the game. He said they obviously had more confidence in handing the ball to the kicker than to their QB and that HE COULDN"T DISAGREE with that decision.

Again, the limitations of coaching Fiedler ball IMO.

If you are going to point out what someone said in the media as an argument you should put their entire comment and not just what suits your personal point of view.

Originally posted by FinFrenzy
It's easy way for the phins to see how Griese does.

Well if Griese does play I hope he has been studying that playbook while he was rehabbing! He is behind the eight ball because of his lil toe ouchie he got in preseason. :rolleyes:

Lost a lot of valuable on field experience in Norv's system which many have said takes a full year playing to learn. Griese has a big job in front of him if he plays. I think we would realistically see the same style of conservative offense from the Fins for the first 2-3 games that Griese would start before they would feel comfortable letting him open up the offense. We know we won't be able to see that though since if he does play it will be to give Jay a 1 week recovery period.

The Defense needs to continue playing big and we may even need to get some scores out of them to win in the foreseeable future.

You know, from what you just said made me think of something from yesterdays game. Did the Fins or did the Fins not kick the FG on THIRD DOWN? I know, yeah it could get blocked...but again? Why not just run it up the middle to get a straight shot for Mare instead of from the left hash (at least thats what I thought I remember seeing in the replays)......First Norv gets the blame for not being conservative enough in NE last year, now he's too conservative....damn Norv, get an in-between going here!!!

Originally posted by dusty_hog
You know, from what you just said made me think of something from yesterdays game. Did the Fins or did the Fins not kick the FG on THIRD DOWN? I know, yeah it could get blocked...but again? Why not just run it up the middle to get a straight shot for Mare instead of from the left hash (at least thats what I thought I remember seeing in the replays)......First Norv gets the blame for not being conservative enough in NE last year, now he's too conservative....damn Norv, get an in-between going here!!!

There is actually a theory behind that. Upon deciding to make a game ending or half ending field goal teams sometimes choose to kick on 3rd down. The thinking is that if there is a bad snap the holder can just spike the ball and they can try it all over again on fourth down.

Yeah I know why you do it, but stop being so darn conservative. Try something, get in the middle of the field at least.

Know what really killed us? Donald Lee going offsides to make it 11 yards instead of 6...or whatever it was we needed for the first.

Re: Re: Hank Goldberg just said...

Originally posted by Trekbiz

Hank Goldberg also said that both of the above mentioned times that the coaches were faced with the dilemma of whether to put the ball into the hands of an inconsistent Fiedler to continue the drive or to sit on the ball and rely on the foot of Mare to win the game. He said they obviously had more confidence in handing the ball to the kicker than to their QB and that HE COULDN"T DISAGREE with that decision.

Again, the limitations of coaching Fiedler ball IMO.

If you are going to point out what someone said in the media as an argument you should put their entire comment and not just what suits your personal point of view.

Hindsight is a B!tch aint it... but then again didn't Mare miss two other field goals at the begining of the year. And didn't Wanny blame it on the wind and the dirt. Or was it Royals fault, no maybe it was McDermott's fault... Hell who knows

fool me once shame on me, fool me twice I got to be an idiot.
At the very least they could have tried to get the ball a little closer. The whole bar was yelling, why kick the ball so early go for the TD, don't let him kick it from the dirt, and what do you know Mare shanks it. I wouldn't call myself or the rest of the NFl fanatics that frequent the sports bar (Dolphins fans and non-dolphin fans alike)clairovoyant, but we all felt like mare was going to shank that kick and sure enough he did.

But who knows Ricky could've put the ball on the ground and Feidler couldv've put the ball in one of NE's db's hands so you play the high percentage. Every coach with the exception of Mike Martz would've gone for the FG, so I don't know if it's an indictment on JF or DW just doing what he's supposed to do. Kick the ball and avoid any injuries or turnovers.

btw
Mare doesn't like to kick in hostile conditions... 2 million dollar sucker

Back
Top Bottom