Hank Goldberg: "They want to FINALIZE the Boston deal this weekend!" | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hank Goldberg: "They want to FINALIZE the Boston deal this weekend!"

Section126

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Says that they are just trying to agree on the draft pick......fins are offering a 7th.......Chargers want more........Fins might take on part of signing bonus.........Fins don't want to let it go to a bidding war....would rather trade for him before the deadline (Monday)......DEVELOPING.................

a 7th? That would be a steal if there ever was one. Where did the talk go about a third? I tell you what, if you can get him for a second day draft pick, you jump all over that every day and twice on sundays. It is sounding like he will be in a phin uniform next year though!

Well, the reason we're offering a 7th is we know the guy is going to be released otherwise and then SD gets nothing.

I am really hoping this just gets done before he gets released, it's worth it to just have him for a guy who won't make the team than to risk losing him to FA over a few dollars.

(by not make the team I mean the 7th rd guy who when was the last time we had one make our team?)

I just heard on WQAM that SD has agreed to a 7th rounder not sure if it is conditional or not and now all that they are trying to do is work out the contract details. So from the sounds of it, this is a done deal for a possible conditional 7th rounder. WHAT A STEAL. Even if he is a bust, name the last starter that made an impact as a 7th rounder. If this pans out this will be the biggest steal of the century. Keep your fingers crossed

Wow, this could be excellent news. I wonder if BIGO would steal be going nuts over T.O. seeing how we might have snaked Boston for a seventh? :lol:

Good stuff. If Feeley (hopefully) can get the passes to the receivers this is going to be a scary offense.

Wow... I read somewhere that SD was actually asking for a 1st for him... but was going to settle for a 3rd. Now they are apparently agreeing to a 7th!?

Originally posted by Gonk
Wow... I read somewhere that SD was actually asking for a 1st for him... but was going to settle for a 3rd. Now they are apparently agreeing to a 7th!?

Well they know after Monday they wont get squat!!

Probably means we're going to absorb a larger portion of his cap hit. I mentioned 2-3 days ago, given the extra cap room we have this year, that might be a good way to do it - absorb it this year, cut down on his future cap impact for us.

Well said.

Augh, Hank, how can you be talking about HORSE RACING at a time like this?!?

holy ish....a 7th round pick for a former pro bowler and pontional superstar
hope this works out and is true

If the Fins FO can get Boston for a 7th rounder, that's a good deal. I am worried about Boston's drug tests...one more violation and he's suspended for a whole season...but if it is just a 7th rounder, I can live with that risk.

A 7th rounder for a guy who when healthy and motivated is a top 10 reciever?? That's the steal of the damn century...

Back
Top Bottom