Hank injury report on The Big O: / Injuries | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hank injury report on The Big O: / Injuries

Hope its not a full blowout...hope Eddie's not hurt significantly. Even so, looks like another year with Morlon.

It's unfortunate that Perry got hurt but if Zgonina can get the job done we won't need to waste a roster spot on Perry who can do nothing but snap.

Moore's injury might be a huge advantage for Jenkins. If Jenkins takes all of Moore's reps at practice he might be the starter by Week 4.

I would rather see Moore start, I want him out there so he can impress our coaches and start Week 1. I want our second round pikc in there ASAP.

If Ed Perry can hop, then he can hop himself out on the field to long snap for us :evil:

There's always at least one injury loss for the season. Let's hope it's just this one.

Originally posted by Aqua
It's unfortunate that Perry got hurt but if Zgonina can get the job done we won't need to waste a roster spot on Perry who can do nothing but snap.

Moore's injury might be a huge advantage for Jenkins. If Jenkins takes all of Moore's reps at practice he might be the starter by Week 4.

Wanny's already talking about bringing someone in to replace Perry:

(on the injury of tight end Ed Perry and the possible long term effects) "It would be something where we would look at bringing somebody in. We were called for delay of game on the first one…Ed said that he was debating whether he could go or not, [Dolphins defensive tackle] Jeff [Zgonina] had his hands taped up…Jeff could do it, and we did it the rest of the game, but we would probably go out and find someone [as a replacement]."

FromDolphins Home Page at Game Day Live, Dolphins Quotes

I don't know if everyone realizes how much Ed Perry's injury affects this team. It's huge. And it's not as simple as "just plug Zgonina or McKinney in".

If Zgonina or McKinney have to start snapping, that takes away reps from their normal positions. And not just a few reps. A lot of reps. Cohesion is crucial between the kicker/holder/snapper. And that takes a lot of practice. Ed Perry has that with Olindo and Royals. And it took a long time to attain it. Many times, Perry does not work with the TEs. He'll work mainly with Mare and Royals. This is what is expected of the LS.

Zgonina is already going to play a heavy role in the DT rotation. And if a DT goes down, Zgonina cannot be the LS. I just cannot work.

And you don't want McKinney doing it because.....

1) He's young player still adjusting.
2) He's competing for a starting spot at two positions
3) He's the top backup at 3 positions.

As you can see, McKinney already has a heavy load on his shoulders.

Long snapper has pretty much become a position of it's own. Most teams allocate a spot for it. And Ed is absolutely one of the best in the business. If this injury is serious, you can bet the Phins will be looking for another LS.

I want our second round pick to make his injury worse ASAP. Great statement.

Konrads's pinky finger looked broken cause it was in an awkward position when he walked off the field and showed the coaches.

:shakeno: A disaster. A F...ing disaster.

clear.gif

Originally posted by Muck
I don't know if everyone realizes how much Ed Perry's injury affects this team. It's huge. And it's not as simple as "just plug Zgonina or McKinney in".

Agree completely Muck losing Perry can effect the cohesion of the kicking game for a long time this season. Usually to rear it's head at most crucial time.

It's early so we can hold on to some hope that some of these injuries from last night can be come back from. But even so with like Moore he needs his reps being a rookie.

You know it really wasn't all that bad. Usually team's have about this many starters hurt by the end of the first pre-season game anyway, they just come in training camp. The only serious injury we had in training camp was Oronde Gadsden who likely won't even make the team. Losing Ed Perry hurts, yes, but Perry seems to be declining if you ask me. Although I don't think we blew a game because of it last year, several of his snaps last year weren't like they used to be, perfect. They sitll were good enough but it took a lot of work from the holder to get the ball down in time.

Sam Simmons' injury doesn't appear to be serious and I don't think Rob Konrad's is either. The only way Konrad could have seriously hurt himself in the hand is by breaking a bone I would imagine and if he had broke a bone we would know by now as x-rays are done very quickly.

I doubt Dyer was going to make the team so that injury doesn't matter a whole lot. Also, our backup punter looked great yesterday so Royals may not make the team either.

I also wouldn't worry about Fiedler, for now. He should be fine in a few days but as said in an earlier thread it may get worse.

Moore's injury I don't think is as serious as it sounds. He probably sprained his ankle and they're putting a cast around it to make sure he recovers as fast as possible. There is always the possibility that it is broken but again, I think we would know by now if it was. Although sprained ankles aren't good, he should be ready to go against Houston unless it's sprained really really bad. The play he hurt it on didn't look that bad though so I doubt he's out for a very long time.

Greenwood's injury could be a little more serious however. Hamstrings stay with you for a long long time and although it probably won't keep him out unless he makes it worse, it certainly is nagging and will probably affect his game a little bit.

The most serious injury is obviously to Ed Perry and the best part is that it happened when it did. If this happened in the final game of the pre-season we would be in some trouble but we have 4 weeks to go out and find someone and get our special teams on the same page.

Originally posted by breckenridge55
You know it really wasn't all that bad. Usually team's have about this many starters hurt by the end of the first pre-season game anyway, they just come in training camp. The only serious injury we had in training camp was Oronde Gadsden who likely won't even make the team. Losing Ed Perry hurts, yes, but Perry seems to be declining if you ask me. Although I don't think we blew a game because of it last year, several of his snaps last year weren't like they used to be, perfect. They sitll were good enough but it took a lot of work from the holder to get the ball down in time.

Sam Simmons' injury doesn't appear to be serious and I don't think Rob Konrad's is either. The only way Konrad could have seriously hurt himself in the hand is by breaking a bone I would imagine and if he had broke a bone we would know by now as x-rays are done very quickly.

I doubt Dyer was going to make the team so that injury doesn't matter a whole lot. Also, our backup punter looked great yesterday so Royals may not make the team either.

I also wouldn't worry about Fiedler, for now. He should be fine in a few days but as said in an earlier thread it may get worse.

Moore's injury I don't think is as serious as it sounds. He probably sprained his ankle and they're putting a cast around it to make sure he recovers as fast as possible. There is always the possibility that it is broken but again, I think we would know by now if it was. Although sprained ankles aren't good, he should be ready to go against Houston unless it's sprained really really bad. The play he hurt it on didn't look that bad though so I doubt he's out for a very long time.

Greenwood's injury could be a little more serious however. Hamstrings stay with you for a long long time and although it probably won't keep him out unless he makes it worse, it certainly is nagging and will probably affect his game a little bit.

The most serious injury is obviously to Ed Perry and the best part is that it happened when it did. If this happened in the final game of the pre-season we would be in some trouble but we have 4 weeks to go out and find someone and get our special teams on the same page.

Excellent Post! Bravo!

Big O said that Moore's injury appeared serious because...not only the cast....but because of Moore's demeanor exiting the locker room. He didn't seem optimistic.

But hey, who knows. Maybe he's just very dejected about missing time. We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom