Hank Talking About QBs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hank Talking About QBs

Yea... can someone tell me the date of the draft??! i want to put in on my calendar. I never miss a draft day.

I just saying that Losman would not be a bad consolation prize in this QB sweepstakes.

Yeah but its too obvious to be true. Losman has a legitimate shot at being a great QB. His attitude really shouldn't get in the way. The bottom line with a lot of those guys that dont make it is they have bad habits on the field that make them bad QBs. Rob Johnson doesn't have a natural feel for the pocket collapsing. Ryan Leaf really just couldn't read a defense to save his life and was an idiot. You wanna see a guy with world class potential that ruined his career with attitude, the most likely candidate was Jeff George and that was because he didn't just act selfish in the locker room, he PLAYED selfish.

Losman, sometimes he looks like he plays selfish, then again he tends to say the right things when it counts and a lot of his teammates actually like his ****y attitude. He thinks he's the best. The only difference between him and Henson is that Losman is younger, has played football more recently, while Henson never had attitude problems and played at a school with tougher competition (Michigan vs Tulane). Otherwise these guys have near identical arms, bodies, and running abilities (Losman was always known as a double threat).

Originally posted by MissMeth
Im not feeling Losmen... i dont think he will be a great QB... just my opinion. Honestly i dont even have any stats to back that up.. i just have a bad vibe about him.

I'm one to never under estimate a woman's intuition! I'll take you at your word, my lady !! ;)
I had the same feeling and glad someone else can back it up !! :lol:

Originally posted by Brad528
No.Rivers,Henson or Losman= NO FUTURE

clear.gif

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Yeah but its too obvious to be true. Losman has a legitimate shot at being a great QB. His attitude really shouldn't get in the way. The bottom line with a lot of those guys that dont make it is they have bad habits on the field that make them bad QBs. Rob Johnson doesn't have a natural feel for the pocket collapsing. Ryan Leaf really just couldn't read a defense to save his life and was an idiot. You wanna see a guy with world class potential that ruined his career with attitude, the most likely candidate was Jeff George and that was because he didn't just act selfish in the locker room, he PLAYED selfish.

Losman, sometimes he looks like he plays selfish, then again he tends to say the right things when it counts and a lot of his teammates actually like his ****y attitude. He thinks he's the best. The only difference between him and Henson is that Losman is younger, has played football more recently, while Henson never had attitude problems and played at a school with tougher competition (Michigan vs Tulane). Otherwise these guys have near identical arms, bodies, and running abilities (Losman was always known as a double threat).

We'll alright then. :D

Originally posted by DeDolfan

I'm one to never under estimate a woman's intuition! I'll take you at your word, my lady !! ;)
I had the same feeling and glad someone else can back it up !! :lol:

When entering FinHeaven, please hang your apron at the door.:lol:

The thing I hate the most about this whole quote was that he talked Wanny....and he considered that "the horses mouth" since Spiel is supposed to have the say and not Wanny, he should have talked to him instead.

Wanny of course is kept abreast of the trade ongoings and other decisions, but he does not have the final say and shouldn't be able to say for sure we won't trade our pick. He should only be able to say, I will lobby hard for Spiel to not trade our pick.

Lends some credence to the camp that thinks nothing has really changed in the FO.

Im not feeling Losmen... i dont think he will be a great QB... just my opinion. Honestly i dont even have any stats to back that up.. i just have a bad vibe about him.

never argue with a womans intuitions. :)

didnt Losman not do to well in the Senior Bowl & Rivers stole the show?

i wouldnt want to risk another Ryan Leaf.

Yea... can someone tell me the date of the draft??! i want to put in on my calendar. I never miss a draft day.

April 24-25th

Last edited by a moderator:
ESPN is so screwed up I swear they write different opinions to claim they were right no matter what.

Here's the deal

Read Kipers Top 25 post Senior Bowl, he not only adds Rivers to the Top 25, he makes him #8 saying his Senior Bowl performance was the most impressive all week and during the game and his arm actually is good enough.

Then read Kiper's reports from a week of Senior Bowl practice, just prior to the game. Rivers is listed as a guy who "hurt himself" with his Senior Bowl showings in practice all week. So then how does Kiper end up saying that Rivers was the most impressive guy in practice all week, in his later top 25 report?

Then you got Scouts Inc's evaluations of the players. Maybe its just my Rivers bias, but the entire write-up (which is excellent, i would cut and paste it if it weren't such bad news for FinHeaven) is so glowing about Rivers...they say he DOES have the velocity on the ball you need to make all the throws. All his intangibles, durability, reads, progressing to 2nd targets, poise in the pocket, decision making nearly flawless! Yet in conclusion, Phil Rivers gets a B- for his Senior Bowl appearance and it remains clear that JP Losman is a definite first rounder while Rivers is a 1st/2nd round tweener. Wha? Whosawhatchit? Their main argument is that though Rivers arm looked good, and he had good velocity on his deep outs and everything and can make all the throws, the fact that he stood next to Losman all week and let people compare the two all week long hurt him...cuz Losman's cannon looked like just that, a cannon, compared to Rivers throws. They keep saying all these things that Losman most definitely needs to improve upon and stuff, but reading what these scouts write about him its like hearing a father expound upon the faults of his favorite child trying to be fair but just falling in love with him all over again. These scouts fall in love with a cannon arm so easily its ridiculous.

I'd like Brunelle. I think he ouplays Hensen and Rivers in 2004. Brunell was a pistol with the expansion Jags and I can see him and Chambers being special. He's accurate and gutsy. Fiedler while Gutsy is not accurate. Combine accuracy with Chambers skills and he gets 20 TD's. That's how you have to approach the situation. Chambers is greater than Jimmy Smith and if we get another elite receiver beside Chambers theres alot of room for opimism but accuracy is the key.

Originally posted by Sherif
Chambers is greater than Jimmy Smith

what? did you steal one of jimmy's 8 balls and snort a line or two before you posted that? cc is good, and has the potential to be great, but he's nowhere near what jimmy smith was in the late '90s. jimmy, along with keenan, made mark brunell, not the other way around. i can only hope cc comes close to putting up the type of numbers and being the reliable reciever smith has been.

Back
Top Bottom