Hank | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hank

Zachspac54

Dan is STILL the MAN
Reaction score
hank just said when ron wolf was talking with miami he really like Feeley then went on too Clev,so miami pulled the trigger,Pitt and Clevland were bidding for him!that they didnt want to lose out on this like they did Hasselback.whats everybody think?

I think Ron Wolf knows a few things about QBs it would ease my mind if its true.

Originally posted by zeke0123
I think Ron Wolf knows a few things about QBs it would ease my mind if its true.

Doesn't matter what Ron Wolf thinks because fin-atic knows that Feeley sucks.

Yeah, if anyone can confirm this, I would feel a lot better about Feeley. The kid could be good, and with Wolfs expertiese in the field, maybe he'll be worth it..

This is probably true. When Feeley came out in the draft the Packers were very interested in him, but I believe the Eagles swooped in and snagged him earlier than the Packers were going to do it. Feeley was supposedly ranked dead last among QBs, so who would have thought he'd be taken in the 5th round.

But the scouting reports on him emphasize how well he played when he DID play for Oregon. But his elbow injury made him lose velocity on his throws for quite a while so its easy to see how Harrington got the nod even when Feeley was "healthy". Actually it would be a concern to me, should he find himself starting a full year in Miami...I would wonder if the elbow injury will bother him in the future now that he'll be starting full time. Brad Johnson had a lot of trouble shaking injuries once he got into the NFL...and if I remember right Brad Johnson lost his starting job in college as well but I forget to whom. I think they were even on the Redskins together for a while.

Anyway I guess the question from college to the pros was, what can he do, was his performance in part time in college just a fluke? Or does it mean he can actually play in the NFL? I think over that 5 game period he worked a little to show that he can play in the NFL. But like any first time starter (even Brady) he had some ups and downs.

Also of note is Feeley is also from a football family, like a lot of the people we've spoken about in the past, and he's the ultimate team player...more so than Fiedler ever was to be honest. I admire Fiedler's guts but he never came across to me as an unselfish guy. I guess I can't blame him, he's had to be scrappy to get every inch he got from college to pros and South Florida wasn't very nice to him a lot of the time. But unlike Fiedler, Feeley would take the bench and do whats best for the team and say whats best for them and root them on. You know how excited he has to be about this opportunity yet he's still saying he would have loved to stay in Philadelphia to keep playing for that team even if he never got the chance to start...and you know thats just gotta be a lie

I think he will be fine, i dont know what everyone is freaking out about, yes i DEFINITLY agree we over paid , but noone can justly say he sucks cause he hasent played enought games to claim that and in the games he has played he played well on a team with no real recievers or running game

Maybe Wolf wanted Feeley for 3rd string Qb in Cleveland....and we misunderstood the whole thing and panicked.

A few other teams wanted JAY to and boy we lucked out and got him also!!! HAHAHA!!

We didn't over pay for Feeley unless he is a bust..........if we make the play offs good money spent........deep in playoff..spielman's a genius.......but we won't know until the season.......so lets get behind our boys.......and root em on!!!!!!......and pick up henson or rivers for insurance if they fall our way!!!!........GO PHINS!!!

Chris Mortensen: "The Dolphins probably take some hope in recent successes of guys like Tom Brady (3rd stringer, former 6th rounder), Jake Delhomme, even a Marc Bulger.... and I think they felt the market was dry. I don't believe there was a demand for Feely and I think they moved too qquickly on this deal. There's still a basic question that should have been asked: If Feely was so good, why was Koy Detmer (average at best, being generous) the guy who replaced McNabb in the NFC title game? I'm dubious. If I were Fiedler, I'd be begging to stay in Miami (with incentives on a restructured deal). "
:hump:

Why does the Bills fan keep looking like an idiot by joking about our QB selections?

Haven't we all enjoyed Todd Collins, Rob Johnson, Doug Flutie, and Drew Bledsoe?

Didn't they also pass on Marino TWICE, to take Tony Hunter :lol: and Jim Kelly :shakeno: ?

Didn't we (if you're old enough) also see

Joe Ferguson, Joe Dufek, Vince Ferragamo, etc. etc.

Give it a rest man. You're making yourself look ignorant.

He has to do something to build his self esteem back up after scoring 1 TD against us this year.....in two games.

97 yards total Offense?

Like Bizzarro Superman, Zevo is living in the Bizzarro world...

Buffalo is 6-10...
Miami is 10-6...

Buff ha a jillion $$$ statue for a QB...
Miami has a cheaper mobile QB...

Buff thinks they have a RB thats better than Ricky... :confused:
Miami has Ricky...

Buff has a OL that sucks, but the FO won't admit to it... :sleep:
Miami has an OL that sucks, and they have release 2/3 of them... :)

Buff changed their HC...
Miami stuck with theirs... :stuck:

Back
Top Bottom