Harbaugh will be the new Dolphins coach (Opinion) | Page 25 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Harbaugh will be the new Dolphins coach (Opinion)

What if Daboll was put off by the report that the team wants to retain the defensive coaching staff?

I mean, the guy will probably have a list of names he wants to fill the positions on his staff. So although you might argue that we already have a good defense and staff in place, it is, potentially, off putting to be dictated to that you will be keeping the previous head coaches’ staff rather than hiring your own preferred coaches.

Another factor why he might have chosen the Giants is the front office. They have just hired Schoen out of Buffalo and he is familiar with him. Whereas here he’s got to develop a relationship with Grier who appears to be Ross’ guy and bulletproof. Most other teams around this league would have fired him instead of or alongside the head coach.

Those are the main two, but maybe he didn’t rate Tua as a franchise quarterback? Granted Daniel Jones hasn’t shown more, but maybe he prefers to work with Jones than Tua or will be given the chance to pick his quarterback? Whereas here is likely Tua or nothing.
All of that could be true, and it’s just my opinion, but I think the reports of Miami wanting to bring back the defensive staff is being a little overblown by the fans and media.

Obviously, Ross and Grier like what they have defensively and now they’ve publicly said as much. That being said, I’m guessing during HC interviews, it’s presented more like: “We really like the defensive coaching staff already in place. How would you feel about retaining some, or all of them?”. If Miami felt Daboll was the guy, I can’t envision a scenario where they say “You can only have the job if you keep our defensive coaches.”.

Again, I could be wrong and at this point nothing Ross & Grier do would surprise me.

What if Daboll was put off by the report that the team wants to retain the defensive coaching staff?

I mean, the guy will probably have a list of names he wants to fill the positions on his staff. So although you might argue that we already have a good defense and staff in place, it is, potentially, off putting to be dictated to that you will be keeping the previous head coaches’ staff rather than hiring your own preferred coaches.

Another factor why he might have chosen the Giants is the front office. They have just hired Schoen out of Buffalo and he is familiar with him. Whereas here he’s got to develop a relationship with Grier who appears to be Ross’ guy and bulletproof. Most other teams around this league would have fired him instead of or alongside the head coach.

Those are the main two, but maybe he didn’t rate Tua as a franchise quarterback? Granted Daniel Jones hasn’t shown more, but maybe he prefers to work with Jones than Tua or will be given the chance to pick his quarterback? Whereas here is likely Tua or nothing.

The Schoen factor likely plays a big deal imo. Schoen will implement the same things they did in Buffalo. For example, Schoen already talked about reducing injuries for the Giants. The Bills/KC and some other teams have implemented extensive analytical systems that use sensors on the players during camp to ensure they don't get overworked and this increase the risk of injury. The Bills were one of the more injured teams prior the their current HC/GM and now are one of the healthiest along with KC. Daboll doesn't have to try to convince a GM and front office to do something like this with Schoen and he'll have someone who's used it to help him put it into place.

Harbaugh’s D coordinator at Michigan just left to go his brother in Baltimore with the Ravens. He’s a good coordinator that one would think would go with Jim to the NFL. Unless the team Jim is going to already has a defensive staff in place………maybe I’m just wishful thinking but that kinda seems a little fishy

He could be that mysterious 3rd canidate everyone keeps talking about, but it could also be Thomas Brown. If it was me I’d be happy with any of the 3 candidates of Harbaugh, McD, or Brown.

Anything but Belichick disciples or anything coming from that neck of the woods.

If we don't interview Harbough at least it is a glaring indication that Ross doesn't care about this franchise at all.

I dont care where you move this thread or how many of you wanna stand up for our absentee owner. This should infuriate our entire fanbase.

Its completely unacceptable. He must be interviewed because he is a top candidate for any team needing a head coach.

Because he coaches for your favorite college should not prevent you from talking to him about taking the job. Its gross negligence if Ross doesn't reach out to Harbough!

Thinking Ross and harbaugh both know he needs to interview at other spots before Miami so Ross allegiance to Michigan isn’t tarnished…

If not, the. Harbaugh doesn’t want to be here

Thinking Ross and harbaugh both know he needs to interview at other spots before Miami so Ross allegiance to Michigan isn’t tarnished…

If not, the. Harbaugh doesn’t want to be here
If not Ross has shown his true colors here.

He has to interview him at least or try to and let us know hes trying because right now it feels like he would rather watch the Dolphins organization suffer because he's a fan of Michigan.

If not Ross has shown his true colors here.

He has to interview him at least or try to and let us know hes trying because right now it feels like he would rather watch the Dolphins organization suffer because he's a fan of Michigan.
Let's not pretend he's Shula or Belicheat here.

Do i trust Ross? No. He's inept at best. His only saving grace right now for me with Harbaugh is his Michigan allegiance.
Don't forget though he's hosted Superbowls with his NFL PR so he's doing well in most eyes.
I'm saying it now. He should be EMBARRASSED. His only bragging rights is his stadium hosting numerous SBs. His own team hasn't even come close to getting anywhere near it. He's been renting out our stadium for his own gain.
Orange Bowl meant something. It was on par with Lambeau Field regarding excellence. Ross has dragged the team down to Ford Field level. Im amazed a team can drop that far off the cliff that quickly under one owner in so short a time with no repercussions.

Back
Top Bottom