Hartline had more yards than Wallace, Bowe, or Jennings in 2012. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hartline had more yards than Wallace, Bowe, or Jennings in 2012.

Hartline is a good-average player and that's are problem we just have a bunch of good-average players and we need some great impact players...but he does do a good job between the 20s and he should have a place on our team as a complementry player not as a go to guy like he was this year

As Dave Hyde wrote after the game. Hartline may have been auditioning for Bellicheck. He's exactly the type of player the Pats covet. Hard working and intelligent.
Welker didn't score much as a phin either.

I'll take Jennings and Keenan Allen.

The reason we want him to walk is because if we go get Jennings, we wont be able to afford more receivers other than in the draft. So we want Jennings more.

besides, if you get more WR/TE's going in this offense it would stand to reason he would score more TD's. Hartline dives for balls and is great at the sideline, but he catches alot of those balls that others cannot. He also was double covered yesterday and still burned them. Hartline is one guy I would not mind overpaying for a little if neccessary because BB has his eye on him. take it to the bank.

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

I'll take Jennings and Keenan Allen.

The reason we want him to walk is because if we go get Jennings, we wont be able to afford more receivers other than in the draft. So we want Jennings more.

I'll take Jennings and Stedman Bailey. more versatile.

This is the biggest problem with fantasy football. People spend more time checking out NFL.com's stats site than actually watching the games. I don't want to get rid of Hartline, but if you think Hartline is anywhere near the WR any of those other three are, you don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about.

Hartline's case is obvious. For a cheap contract, he's worth bringing back, but if he's the 2nd best WR on your team, you're in trouble.

Hartline had more yards and a higher YPC than Larry Fitzgerald, too. I wonder why the OP didn't bring that up? :bobdole:

Hartline is a good possession receiver, something that any/every team needs. However, he lacks the ability to be a serious playmaker in this offense - not very much YAC ability...but he will move the chains for the offense. I'd love to be able to keep him on the team, but we also need to substantially upgrade the position with a playmaker or two.

Maybe he doesnt score much because they don't call his number in the red zone. Marshall couldnt score here either and he had 15 with the Bears. TDs isnt the only stat, this isnt fantasy football.

I think the counter agrument is that with all our free agents hartline might be expendable and his contract could potentially keep us from getting one of the better 3 guys in the OP

For someone who missed most of camp, and came in to a team with a bunch of rag-tag supporting cast I think Hartline had a phenomenal season, and we would be absolutely foolish to not resign him. Because as others have said, you can put money on it that he'll be burning us twice as a year as a Patriot if we are dumb enough to let him walk.

The whole talk of statistics makes me laugh too, did all you stat fanatics watch every game this season? Even in yesterdays abysmal showing Hartline was one of the very few bright spots. I agree he isn't a #1, but think about what we started this season with Armstrong, Clay, Naanee? By all accounts we were set to have the worst WR corps in the NFL, and a few weeks in, Hartline was leading the NFL in yards! I think we would be just fine, if not a serious threat having Hartline opposite any of the names being tossed around.

I think Bess can fill the role hartline does would rather revamp this unit and not get sentimental ... If hartline costs 3-4 mil i think it's time to move on. Plenty of wideouts get 1000 yards it doesn't have to mean that much. No one contested him this year his season was a product of lack of other players around him. In a way it's sad but if he can hit 1k what can a Jennings or Wallace do here without other playmakers taking reps ect? Also if you take out the cardinals game is anyone THAt impressed with his season? I'm not he's average. You can get better in the draft for cheaper if need be.

Letting Hartline go would be insane

Hartline has improved every year, I thought that's what you wanted out of your draft picks. Now people want to let him go, what happened to drafting to build your team and re-signing your own?

Back
Top Bottom