Hartline had more yards than Wallace, Bowe, or Jennings in 2012. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hartline had more yards than Wallace, Bowe, or Jennings in 2012.

Hard to believe that Hartline will be so easily replaced when there are some here who still whine about not having Ted Ginn, even though Ginn lacked that one essential thing in a football player called "production".

Hard to believe that Hartline will be so easily replaced when there are some here who still whine about not having Ted Ginn, even though Ginn lacked that one essential thing in a football player called "production".
What ginn lacks is a pair of nuts.... the guy is a total puss and afraid to catch the ball.... worst part is he still had more TDs in one year then hartline has had in three here.

I like Hartline. If we let him walk he will go to the Pats. Put great numbers and we will be saying how stupid Ireland is for not resigning him.

What ginn lacks is a pair of nuts.... the guy is a total puss and afraid to catch the ball.... worst part is he still had more TDs in one year then hartline has had in three here.

Which is why judging a receiver merely by TD's scored is ludicrous.

Hartline doesn't score. He's allergic to the end zone and he's not a big play guy.

As a dolphin for 2 seasons and 32 games, Wes Welker scored 1 TD. You cant put everything on a receiver. The QB and OC have lots to do with it. Im not blaming Tanny here, I'm just saying that Hartline would be a huge loss to this team and he will be as successful as Welker in another team with more offensive weapons other than him alone.

Which is why judging a receiver merely by TD's scored is ludicrous.

No it just makes my point... If a WR with no nuts and crappy hands can score more then one TD a year then so should Hartline. The fact is for years now this team hasnt put up enough points to win games and it because of a lack of play makers. Hartline is average but is no where near a play maker. If he is our number 3 guy for like a 3 year 12 mil contract then i will be thrilled. But he is not a number 1 or 2 guy. Sign a guy in FA be it Wallace or jennings and draft a guy like allen or austin and either let hartline walk or sign him to a reasonable deal as the #3 guy.

James Jones had 3 times as many TDs as Calvin Johnson....he must be 3 times the player!

Oh yeah, Megatron only had 5 for the season. He must suck b/c that's the same amount Fasano had.

TDs are a combination of a LOT of things....such as a team being in the redzone a lot (which Miami was not) and who that team targets in the redzone (Miami runs the ball and targets Fasano ever since Marshall left).

I like Hartline. If we let him walk he will go to the Pats. Put great numbers and we will be saying how stupid Ireland is for not resigning him.

There are a ton of mediocre WRs that would shine with Brady and the pats.... there are a hand full of teams in the league ( pats, saints, green bay, and anywhere peyton is QB ) that can turn average guys like hartline and make them produce really well. I hate that when people bring up the welker thing. He is producing because of the team he plays for and nothing else. Welker much like Hartline will fall into no mans land if they went to play for the browns or rams or raiders or some crappy team like that. If hartline signs with one of the teams i mentioned then yeah we r screwed and will look dumb but if he signs with almost any other team he will be nothing more then an aerage #2 or 3 wr.

He's not a solid #2. He's a very good slot receiver. That's his ceiling. This year confirmed that.

Bess is a slot receiver. Hartline is a boundary receiver. Hartline might be the #3 boundary receiver, but he's not built for the slot receiver position. Hartline is out of place in the slot, and Bess is out of place on the boundary.

Regardless of Hartline not being elite, he is an above average wide receiver. Sorry he's not Randy Moss in his prime, he still is a good role player on our team. He would look even better with a Wallace or Jennings by his side as well. And ****, you can argue Hartline has been our best wide receiver in the past 10 years besides Marshall, and maybe Chambers and y'all are bitching to get rid of him? Get real guys, just remember you don't appreciate what you got until it's gone.

There are a ton of mediocre WRs that would shine with Brady and the pats.... there are a hand full of teams in the league ( pats, saints, green bay, and anywhere peyton is QB ) that can turn average guys like hartline and make them produce really well. I hate that when people bring up the welker thing. He is producing because of the team he plays for and nothing else. Welker much like Hartline will fall into no mans land if they went to play for the browns or rams or raiders or some crappy team like that. If hartline signs with one of the teams i mentioned then yeah we r screwed and will look dumb but if he signs with almost any other team he will be nothing more then an aerage #2 or 3 wr.
Yes and someone like Brandon Lloyd or Julian Edelman has definitely done that, right?

No it just makes my point... If a WR with no nuts and crappy hands can score more then one TD a year then so should Hartline. The fact is for years now this team hasnt put up enough points to win games and it because of a lack of play makers. Hartline is average but is no where near a play maker. If he is our number 3 guy for like a 3 year 12 mil contract then i will be thrilled. But he is not a number 1 or 2 guy. Sign a guy in FA be it Wallace or jennings and draft a guy like allen or austin and either let hartline walk or sign him to a reasonable deal as the #3 guy.

Yup exactly!!

Hartline deserves a five-year $22 million contract. That is a competitive contract for his skill set, demonstrated durability, and team oriented mentality.

That's fair, and I still wouldn't to pay that much for him lol.

I should also mention that in 2012, Brian Hartline's avg yards/reception was also better than Wallace, Bowe, and Jennings.

I know you guys want two megatrons as our WRs, but that isn't happening.

Hartline won't break the bank, and he'll be a solid #2 for us. Keep the guy.

it should also be noted that jennings scored more touchdowns in one game than hartline has the entire season. hartline hasnt scored since week 4, and on that one play which he scored that TD, it was due to a blown coverage where no one was within 20 yards of him. jennings and bowe>>>>>hartline in every aspect of playing the position of wr

Back
Top Bottom