Hartline had more yards than Wallace, Bowe, or Jennings in 2012. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hartline had more yards than Wallace, Bowe, or Jennings in 2012.

Why do so many Finheaven posters want to get rid of Brian Hartline?

He's not a superstar, but he's a solid #2, has developed chemistry with Tannehill, and we should definitely keep him.

You should know by now that using those fancy "facts" does not work around here. GUT feelings are more important!

Hartline is a solid move the chains type of guy but the guy cannot adjust to a ball thrown deep to save his life. Simple man to man coverage and hand fighting throws his routes off. He needs to hit the weight room. I would keep him but I wouldn't overpay for him.

I'm not opposed to signing him for good #3 money but we need to sign a legit #1 and draft a playmaker within the first 2 rounds. Jennings and Keenan Allen would make me a very happy fan!!! Hartline is what he is, a decent WR. He will never be a go-to WR so we need upgrades. If he can get 1000 yards, what do you think Wallace, Bowe, or Jennings would have??? Go to espn and check the to 40 WR stats, every single WR has atleast 3 TDs except Hartline!!! That says everything we all need to know.

It's a bit of a fool's errand to contemplate what Hartline could do in a higher functioning offense. The bottom line is: what is he worth to this team in this offense? I think He is a decent player but like others have said, we already have enough decent. He is irrelevant in the red zone and is not a play maker. Hartline's performance this season is going to put him in a salary bracket that I frankly feel is too much for what he brings to the table for this team. They would be better served using the money it would take to re-sign him and put it towards someone like Greg Jennings. It would be much easier to fill the void his departure would create than it is for the team to acquire a bonafide playmaker at WR.

I'm not opposed to signing him for good #3 money but we need to sign a legit #1 and draft a playmaker within the first 2 rounds. Jennings and Keenan Allen would make me a very happy fan!!! Hartline is what he is, a decent WR. He will never be a go-to WR so we need upgrades. If he can get 1000 yards, what do you think Wallace, Bowe, or Jennings would have??? Go to espn and check the to 40 WR stats, every single WR has atleast 3 TDs except Hartline!!! That says everything we all need to know.

There is no doubt that Hartline can be shutdown by a good corner, but you underestimate his abilities. Everyone respects his ability to make plays except for many of my fellow fans. It is identical to how fans treated Welker.

No it just makes my point... If a WR with no nuts and crappy hands can score more then one TD a year then so should Hartline. The fact is for years now this team hasnt put up enough points to win games and it because of a lack of play makers. Hartline is average but is no where near a play maker. If he is our number 3 guy for like a 3 year 12 mil contract then i will be thrilled. But he is not a number 1 or 2 guy. Sign a guy in FA be it Wallace or jennings and draft a guy like allen or austin and either let hartline walk or sign him to a reasonable deal as the #3 guy.

Those who do not learn from history repeat it. Obviously, our fans did not learn from themWes Welker trade. After the Arizona game, every defense treated his as our number one receiver. He continued to put up good numbers while being the focus including against the Patriots last week. How in the world do you evaluate this information and come to the conclusion he is not a number 2 receiver?

It's a bit of a fool's errand to contemplate what Hartline could do in a higher functioning offense. The bottom line is: what is he worth to this team in this offense? I think He is a decent player but like others have said, we already have enough decent. He is irrelevant in the red zone and is not a play maker. Hartline's performance this season is going to put him in a salary bracket that I frankly feel is too much for what he brings to the table for this team. They would be better served using the money it would take to re-sign him and put it towards someone like Greg Jennings. It would be much easier to fill the void his departure would create than it is for the team to acquire a bonafide playmaker at WR.

Ok, that sounds reasonable. How valuable was he to this years offense? I will imagine any game this year without Hartline in the lineup. .... Hiding under the covers .... Make it stop ... That would have been really ugly. Let me be clear!!! Hartline was crucial to this year's offense. Without Reggie Bush and Hartline, this year would have been a disaster.

Hartline hasn't had the chance to be a solid number two because he was rarely used when we had a number one! I guarantee if we pick up Jennings, Bowe, or Wallace, Hartline will be playing against our opponents number two CB rather than their number one, and will find much more success.

You and others were saying the same when welker left when he was miami's only threat and had the sensational Fielder throwing to him. Look at Miami's golden boy TR under/overthrowing him constantly. iF NOT FOR HARTLINE MIAMI WOULD BE LAST IN RECIEVING. But remember the poison pill, it has saved the phins numerous dollars and draft picks according to the dolphins insiders.

You guys are unreal. The reason we suck is because we release guys like Hartline and bring in guys like Nanee and Gaffney. His production in the red zone is a direct result of our offense. Our WRs never score TDs. Even when the are TD machines called the Beast!

If Ireland wasn't such a donkey Hartline would already be under contract through 2015 at $4 mill a year max

Ok, that sounds reasonable. How valuable was he to this years offense? I will imagine any game this year without Hartline in the lineup. .... Hiding under the covers .... Make it stop ... That would have been really ugly. Let me be clear!!! Hartline was crucial to this year's offense. Without Reggie Bush and Hartline, this year would have been a disaster.

No one denies that he was crucial to this year's offense. The problem is, this year's offense was of the same sucktacular variety that we've been accustomed to seeing over the last 5 years. As I said, Hartline is a fine player. However, the team is looking to improve the offense and they won't get there without upgrading the personnel they currently have. Hartline is a part of that. I am not saying he has no value to the team. I am saying the money that it would take to retain his services can be put to better use. I really like both Hartline and Davone Bess but frankly, they just are not upper echelon players. Being among the best players on a lousy offense is not reason alone to keep them around. It's high time to get better, not keep spinning the wheels and hope the results somehow get better. I'll say this, though. I would much rather see them let guys like Fasano or even Bush walk to free up more money than Hartline.

Last edited by a moderator:
You and others were saying the same when welker left when he was miami's only threat and had the sensational Fielder throwing to him. Look at Miami's golden boy TR under/overthrowing him constantly. iF NOT FOR HARTLINE MIAMI WOULD BE LAST IN RECIEVING. But remember the poison pill, it has saved the phins numerous dollars and draft picks according to the dolphins insiders.

I don't think Welker even saw the field at WR much while Jay Fiedler was still here. I guess you mean Frerotte, Rosenfels, Culpepper, and Harrington. In any event, Welker would have at best been Davone Bess had he stayed in Miami and to think otherwise is a pipe dream. You can count the teams that he would be even remotely as productive as he is in New England on one hand-probably on two or three fingers. The Dolphins ain't one of them. A 2nd round pick for him at the time was more than fair value. If any team offered a 2nd for Bess today they would be idiots not to jump all over it.

You guys are unreal. The reason we suck is because we release guys like Hartline and bring in guys like Nanee and Gaffney. His production in the red zone is a direct result of our offense. Our WRs never score TDs. Even when the are TD machines called the Beast!

Hartline can't be released. If you mean not re-sign, ok. But by your statement, why keep him around anyway? The offense is going to be the same, is it not?

Back
Top Bottom