Hartline had more yards than Wallace, Bowe, or Jennings in 2012. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hartline had more yards than Wallace, Bowe, or Jennings in 2012.

Hartline is allergic to the endzone. Even on the 80 yard bomb, he almost got caught and fell across the goalline. Nevertheless, I hope we retain him for a reasonable contract. He has decent hands and has developed rapport with RT. Clearly not a go to guy which we need though.

the reason why hartline put up good number was because we dont have no one else threw to... we need 4 new wr next yr.. keep hartline. him and tannehill got some good thing going on????

I like Hartline, but to be fair, Jennings was hurt a big chunk of the year.

not only that but jennings isnt the real only big threat that greenbay has , and the ball was passed around to other WRs in GB , but hartline was or only deep threat period, and to try and compare there seasons with wallace , jennings exc would be stupid , because we only had one deep threat in hartline , where GB had 4-5 WRs that could go deep at anytime.

Ok, so when finheaven posters look at Brian Hartline in 2012, they ignore his high yards, they focus on his low touchdowns, say he sucks, and want to throw him away.

And when they look at Anthony Fasano in 2012, it's the opposite. They look at his low yards, they ignore his high touchdowns, say he sucks, and want to throw him away.

Ever consider that TDs are a product of play calling? If a WR makes a bunch of catches, brings the team to the 2 yd line, and then the team runs it in for a TD, does that mean the WRs contributions were worthless?

Keep Hartline, cut someone else, pick up one of the three mentioned, and draft someone. Problem solved.

Ever consider that TDs are a product of play calling? If a WR makes a bunch of catches, brings the team to the 2 yd line, and then the team runs it in for a TD, does that mean the WRs contributions were worthless?

No thats not the problem.... the problem is he didnt do that enough.... he got tackled way too many times by cbs tapping his leg and tripping him up. I have never seen a WR catch the ball and hit the ground so much or so fast in my life. We bitched about Ginn cuz he would touch the ball and run straight to the sideline as quick as possible and Hartline does the same thing but he hits the deck instead of going out of boundes.

They guy cant produce any YAC yards and that is something that this team needs real bad..... if he was getting tackled at the 2 all the time then thats one thing but he wasnt. He did all his work inside the 20s and dissapeared once we would get in the red zone and teams tightened up the coverages. WRs and TEs for that matter should have a balance between yards and TDs. I would rather have a WR have 800 yards and 6-8 TDs then one like hartline with 1000 yards and 1 TD or a guy with 200 yards but 5 Tds. The good WRS even the above average guys have a good balance between yards and TDs.

not only that but jennings isnt the real only big threat that greenbay has , and the ball was passed around to other WRs in GB , but hartline was or only deep threat period, and to try and compare there seasons with wallace , jennings exc would be stupid , because we only had one deep threat in hartline , where GB had 4-5 WRs that could go deep at anytime.

It's also true that EVERY receiver in Green Bay ends up having great numbers. Good drafting...yes. But did Aaron Rodgers have ALOT to do with that? Absolutely. He's that good, and makes everyone that much better.

Jennings scored more td's in week 17 then hartline scored all year..........................................//close thread

No thats not the problem.... the problem is he didnt do that enough.... he got tackled way too many times by cbs tapping his leg and tripping him up. I have never seen a WR catch the ball and hit the ground so much or so fast in my life. We bitched about Ginn cuz he would touch the ball and run straight to the sideline as quick as possible and Hartline does the same thing but he hits the deck instead of going out of boundes.

They guy cant produce any YAC yards and that is something that this team needs real bad..... if he was getting tackled at the 2 all the time then thats one thing but he wasnt. He did all his work inside the 20s and dissapeared once we would get in the red zone and teams tightened up the coverages. WRs and TEs for that matter should have a balance between yards and TDs. I would rather have a WR have 800 yards and 6-8 TDs then one like hartline with 1000 yards and 1 TD or a guy with 200 yards but 5 Tds. The good WRS even the above average guys have a good balance between yards and TDs.

Good post. I would also add that Hartline doesn't need anyone to tackle him...he falls down on his own in most cases. Part of his lack of TDs is his inability to track the ball on the deep balls properly, and as such he loses his balance. Wallace, Jennings or Bowe put up some TDs when those balls are up there.

That ball's gotta get pushed down the field one way or another no matter who scores the TD.

And a naturally-talent #3 WR who by default gets the attention of our opponents' #1 CBs and double teams in passing situations who can nevertheless put up over 1000 yards with a rookie QB is in a way more impressive than these other guys lining up with other receiving threat options to keep the defense honest.

He does not warrant #1 WR compensation but if paid like a #2WR, and lining up with one of these guys or a drafted stud, one can only imagine how Welker-like effective Hartline would be next season as Wes was when Brady was making magic with Moss.

​Hartline has been solid and has value. Lots of things go into a receiver's stats, like if the QB has time to throw to him, for one. I agree he seems to have some chemistry with RT. I don't think we are better without him.

Hartline will be Welker 2.0 if we let him leave. He's not a one or even possibly a two, but he is darn good for our QB and as a professional leader for the team. It would be a mistake to let him go IMO.

Hartline will be Welker 2.0 if we let him leave. He's not a one or even possibly a two, but he is darn good for our QB and as a professional leader for the team. It would be a mistake to let him go IMO.

No, he won't. I like him, hope he can be resigned cheaply, but he fills the exact same role as Davone Bess. Possession receiver. He is not great at picking up yards after the catch and he has shown no ability to be a viable red zone threat.

Wes Welker, as much as I hate that ****ing midget, is great with the ball in his hands and can get open in the end zone.

Back
Top Bottom