Has anybody heard about the status of deflateagate? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Has anybody heard about the status of deflateagate?

The problem is how do you prove what happened . I still personally feel the refs did not check the balls initially.

It would be nice to know the actual facts of evidence instead of all the BS leaks. I think what started out as a investigation on the pats deflating balls
has turned into an investigation of the league and its own employees.

It would be nice to know the actual facts of evidence instead of all the BS leaks. I think what started out as a investigation on the pats deflating balls
has turned into an investigation of the league and its own employees.

Yes it would. Personally I think it's an overblown issue and I blame the nfl for not having a better system

What the pats did was legal and the refs were even announcing not to cover the ineligible player. You really should look before you leap.

Yet what the Pats did on the play immediately after was illegal. Vereen was correctly deemed an ineligible receiver on the initial play being questioned but on the play that directly followed, TE Hoomanawanui left the field but Vereen remained and illegally switched to an eligible receiver, and even went out for a check release pass pattern, despite not preceding with the proper protocol according the rules to do so which calls for a timeout, quarter stoppage or to sit out for a play, in order to switch to be eligible again. And for the Cheatriots to claim they knew the rules so well then they certainly knew better and cheated there way to yet another *championship.

Remember before deflate gate the pats were waitng until last second to identify there eligible receivers, not allowing the defense to adjust, which is against the rules, Which Harbough publicly called out?

Remember nothing happened?

That's exactly what's happening with deflate gate.

Haven't they changed the rules for this season? Look, it might piss everyone off how the Pats behave, but the truth is there's no incentive not to cheat in the NFL. Seattle know they won't get called for PI every snap, NE knows the ineligible receiver stunt won't be shut down until after the game is won, Atlanta got a pretty risible penalty for boosting crowd noise artificially etc etc etc.

It's up to every team to decide how they want to behave in this NFL, where the rules and the application of the rules are made up as we go along. Miami was probably one of the least penalised, least liable to cheat on the field teams. Did that help our season record? Did it help mitigate the Bullygate nonsense? NO.

This league doesn't reward fair play, it penalises fair play. If the NFL is incompetent at officiating and compliance there is only one answer to that - take advantage. That's what smart teams do. I'm all for fair play but what is actually fair is that everyone bends the rules. Until the league is run properly, that's the only leveller you can expect.

Yep, seems about par for the course. :bobdole:

... The Boston Globe’s Ben Volin said Wednesday morning that he believes the report is completed and ready to go, but the league is waiting until after the NFL Draft to release the results.

“Definitely. Absolutely. 100 percent,” Volin said when asked if the NFL is intentionally waiting until after the draft to release Wells’ report. “I think in waiting this long it’s made it less of a story. People stopped caring. It’s still big here in New England, obviously, and for the hardcore football fans. But for just your average fan, I don’t think DeflateGate is much of a story anymore. So I think they’ve done a good job of minimizing it.

“And then, I thought of this yesterday — Bill Belichick is supposed to talk to the media this weekend after the draft, and then after that, we might not hear from him again until either mid-June at minicamp or maybe not even until training camp in August. So I think the NFL office is going to do the Patriots a favor, they’ll wait until after this weekend, so that we don’t have the opportunity to ask Belichick questions about it. And then when we do in August, he’ll say, ‘Well that’s old territory, we’re just trying to move on now.‘

“So I think that the NFL office is definitely waiting on purpose, trying to minimize the damage of this thing, and then releasing it at a time when the media can’t go around and ask the owners and Bill Belichick a million different questions about it...

Read more: http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/04/...holding-deflategate-report-until-after-draft/

Back
Top Bottom