Has Finheaven been sold?? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Has Finheaven been sold??

Muck said:
It's got nothing to do with advertising, fudging, etc. It's simply VB (the forums software). That's the way it counts it up for every forum on the internet that runs the software. I'm pretty sure that phpbb and other forum software used by our fellow fan sites do it the same way too. But it seems FinHeaven is supposed to somehow hack the software so one small group of green-eyed's don't get their feelings hurt. :cry:

Honestly, they call more attention to the numbers than we do. :dunno:

Muck said:
In regards to 0 posts, if it weren't for spam filters.....the number of active members would increase exponentially. The amount of confirmation emails, as well as post notifications, that get kicked back to us by AOL, etc. is pretty substantial.

The way I worded my post made it sound like I wrote the wikipedia article and was defending it..... just to clarify, I dont disagree with you, I was just recollecting a convo I had with WildBill awhile back on the same subject.

fin-atic said:
All:

A couple of quick facts so that everyone knows the exact truth.

1. I bought the majority of the site about a year ago. This was primarily due to FH being nearly out of business and I did not want to see the site close. Most still do not get it that it costs a ton to keep this place going. So a few pay and many play. AJ does not have the resources to keep it going, I do so I stepped in.

2. AJ is still very involved as is all the same staff, and AJ retains a small piece of the action.

3. I echo what Muck says as I want to keep it a low profile and just help with business. I am proud to say we have made great strides and should be here for years to come.

Any questions please PM me.

-Matt

I think most of us who are not mods or admins had absolutely no idea...... the only reason it jumped into my head was the thread on another site where you and Ken were talking a few weeks back that I ended up reading when I was snooping around. I would have guessed the exact opposite when it comes to the financial situation....... I would have figured that the advertising on here would cover the costs of keeping it up....

Philter25 said:
I I would have figured that the advertising on here would cover the costs of keeping it up....

not even close.
The three servers it takes to keep this place moving efficiently alone cost more than the advertising generates.... :wink:

We also have a dedicated mail server. We process out a good bit of spam...er, mail.

Philter25 said:
The way I worded my post made it sound like I wrote the wikipedia article and was defending it..... just to clarify, I dont disagree with you, I was just recollecting a convo I had with WildBill awhile back on the same subject.

That honestly never entered my mind. No worries. :)

Back
Top Bottom