Has Finheaven been sold?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Has Finheaven been sold??

No, it's not true.....AJ is still running the site and, of course, improving the site, just like always.

Muck said:
I don't know who wrote that Wiki article, but it's not very good. :lol:

It's so bad that I'm proposing its deletion. It's pretty borderline whether FH is notable enough for Wikipedia coverage per their policy, and that article certainly reflects poorly on both their project and this site.

Muck said:
I don't know who wrote that Wiki article, but it's not very good. :lol:
See any names you recognize? :lol:It looks like the character calling itself Phin-Atic did the following changes:

+ [[[Media:http://www.finheaven.com FinHeaven & Co]]] is a Miami Dolphins fan site started by a teenager named Andrew Tatum (better known as FinheavenAJ) who wanted to pay homage to his beloved Phins. The site has evolved over the past 10 or so years from one teenager's site, to one of the largest if not the largest Miami Dolphin Fan website boasting a message board with over 20,000 registered members (most of which have been banned, are 1 person registered under 3-4 names, or have never even posted on the site).But they keep the numbers up anyway, because it looks good. The site has constantly evolved adding new staff, and cummentary by a wide range of fans from all over the globe. They even have a trio of draftniks who give in depth scouting reports for each draft. Along with the evolution of the site has come changes, AJ has stepped aside and sold the site to current staff member Matt Kent.

That's pretty sad. But you know what they say about a woman scorned. :lol:

Celtkin said:
(most of which have been banned, are 1 person registered under 3-4 names, or have never even posted on the site).But they keep the numbers up anyway, because it looks good.
:lol: Funny stuff.......

It might be funny, immature, and pathetic, but when it comes to the numbers thing, I think WildBill3 actually crunched the numbers awhile back before he became a mod....... excluding members who havent posted in 2 years and members who have zero posts and members who made multiple accounts and got re-banned, I think the actual membership was less than 1/2 the advertised one.... so while its trite and pathetic, there is a breath of truth in there.

Somebody claiming to be AJ (who might be AJ himself -- post if you are) has removed the proposed deletion template from the article. I have therefore given the article a rewrite to conform in both style and coverage to what might be encyclopedic.

Philter25 said:
:lol: Funny stuff.......

It might be funny, immature, and pathetic, but when it comes to the numbers thing, I think WildBill3 actually crunched the numbers awhile back before he became a mod....... excluding members who havent posted in 2 years and members who have zero posts and members who made multiple accounts and got re-banned, I think the actual membership was less than 1/2 the advertised one.... so while its trite and pathetic, there is a breath of truth in there.

It's got nothing to do with advertising, fudging, etc. It's simply VB (the forums software). That's the way it counts it up for every forum on the internet that runs the software. I'm pretty sure that phpbb and other forum software used by our fellow fan sites do it the same way too. But it seems FinHeaven is supposed to somehow hack the software so one small group of green-eyed's don't get their feelings hurt. :cry:

Honestly, they call more attention to the numbers than we do. :dunno:

In regards to 0 posts, if it weren't for spam filters.....the number of active members would increase exponentially. The amount of confirmation emails, as well as post notifications, that get kicked back to us by AOL, etc. is pretty substantial.

Jimmy James said:
Somebody claiming to be AJ (who might be AJ himself -- post if you are) has removed the proposed deletion template from the article. I have therefore given the article a rewrite to conform in both style and coverage to what might be encyclopedic.

It's not A.J. But it's nice to know that he has a stalker. :lol:

Thanks for the rewrite.

Muck said:
It's got nothing to do with advertising, fudging, etc. It's simply VB (the forums software). That's the way it counts it up for every forum on the internet that runs the software. I'm pretty sure that phpbb and other forum software used by our fellow fan sites do it the same way too. But it seems FinHeaven is supposed to somehow hack the software so one small group of green-eyed's don't get their feelings hurt. :cry:

Honestly, they call more attention to the numbers than we do. :dunno:

Not to mention that FH reports the total members AND active members. If we sought to deceive the public about membership, we could easily just report the total membership.

All:

A couple of quick facts so that everyone knows the exact truth.

1. I bought the majority of the site about a year ago. This was primarily due to FH being nearly out of business and I did not want to see the site close. Most still do not get it that it costs a ton to keep this place going. So a few pay and many play. AJ does not have the resources to keep it going, I do so I stepped in.

2. AJ is still very involved as is all the same staff, and AJ retains a small piece of the action.

3. I echo what Muck says as I want to keep it a low profile and just help with business. I am proud to say we have made great strides and should be here for years to come.

Any questions please PM me.

-Matt

fin-atic said:
All:

1. I bought the majority of the site about a year ago. This was primarily due to FH being nearly out of business and I did not want to see the site close. Most still do not get it that it costs a ton to keep this place going. So a few pay and many play. AJ does not have the resources to keep it going, I do so I stepped in.

2. AJ is still very involved as is all the same staff, and AJ retains a small piece of the action.

3. I echo what Muck says as I want to keep it a low profile and just help with business. I am proud to say we have made great strides and should be here for years to come.

-Matt
:clap:

fin-atic said:
All:

-Matt

I'm very ignorant of the costs to keep a website of this magnitude up and running is there anyway to get a rough estimate.

Back
Top Bottom