Haskins Released | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Haskins Released

I will say in fairness to him he came into the wrong situation. Now Ron Rivera should get the ship pointing I. The right direction but he didn't buy in

What team do you think will pick him up? He's surely better than most backups in the NFL now
On what basis? He's terrible regardless of the immaturity. I don't know what so many saw in him as a prospect. Just another guy who played at a powerhouse college who had to do little to produce in college.

It’s even funnier that they had Tua, Herbert, and Love staring at them in the face and still decided to roll with Haskins. 🤣
I think it's a little early for Fins fans to be laughing at them for sticking with their underwhelming rookie.

Don't forget we have the #3 pick and Tua definitely didn't light the world on fire. I'm relatively confident we will be passing on the chance to draft some top QB prospects and I hope to god that we won't look just as ridiculous 1 year from now.

I
I think it's a little early for Fins fans to be laughing at them for sticking with their underwhelming rookie.

Don't forget we have the #3 pick and Tua definitely didn't light the world on fire. I'm relatively confident we will be passing on the chance to draft some top QB prospects and I hope to god that we won't look just as ridiculous 1 year from now.
If you think the Tua situation is anything like the Haskins situation, It’s not even worth it responding to this.

I

If you think the Tua situation is anything like the Haskins situation, It’s not even worth it responding to this.
I definitely see the obvious differences. My main point is that Tua is far from proven. I just hope other teams aren't laughing at us for passing on a Wilson or Fields in much the same way.

I will agree that Haskins was a clear bust for a variety of reasons before the start of his 2nd season. We don't know what Tua is, but it hasn't been great so far.

I definitely see the obvious differences. My main point is that Tua is far from proven. I just hope other teams aren't laughing at us for passing on a Wilson or Fields in much the same way.

I will agree that Haskins was a clear bust for a variety of reasons before the start of his 2nd season. We don't know what Tua is, but it hasn't been great so far.
I can see people wanting Fields, but Wilson? Come on now, that kid played in a shitty conference and got his ass handed to him by Coastal Carolina. I agree Tua is far from proven, but he was thrown into the wolves in the middle of the season, when he was supposed to sit and learn. He didn’t and he took his lumps like a rookie. Give the kid at least 3 years to prove his worth, not half a season. It’s like people want instant gratification. Fields is not without flaws as well as well as Lawrence who just got beat up by Ohio State.

Who was the last Ohio State qb to do anything significant in the nfl?
Maybe Rex Kern, but he did it at defensive back.

Kern was a hard nosed run oriented quarterback on the famous Buckeye teams of the late '60s. He got drafted by the Colts as defensive back and played for a few years. His career paralleled the Dolphin glory years so I remember it well. Griese and our running game always had to deal with Rex Kern thumping somebody. He was very physical.

Back
Top Bottom