Haskins | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Haskins

Particularly Haskins since he was sitting there at 13 and he passed... if Lock is there at 48 and he passes...he failed if either of those QB’s succeed!
Yes blind squirrels find a nut once in awhile but most blind squirrels starve and die

This was and is not the year to risk early selections

And no we aren’t selecting Lock - we don’t have an Oline

He like the others has too many question marks

There are going to be multiple QBs better than Haskins in the 2020 draft. Taking Haskins would have been short-sighted and left us holding the bag in a draft with Tua/Fromm/Love/Herbert.

I’m glad our front office is much less short-sighted than fans are.

There are going to be multiple QBs better than Haskins in the 2020 draft. Taking Haskins would have been short-sighted and left us holding the bag in a draft with Tua/Fromm/Love/Herbert.

I’m glad our front office is much less short-sighted than fans are.

Not only that, but what do you when you enter the draft the following year? Especially, Now that you've taken Haskins and are within draft position to take another QB talent that graded out better than him? Which, BTW you knew would be the case when you originally drafted Haskins?

Murray/Rosen all over again?

Not only that, but what do you when you enter the draft the following year? Especially, Now that you've taken Haskins and are within draft position to take another QB talent that graded out better than him? Which, BTW you knew would be the case when you originally drafted Haskins?

Murray/Rosen all over again?

Exactly. Why pass on an elite defensive player this year when you know better QBs will be there for the taking next season?

Moreso, our biggest competition for those QBs were NYG and WAS, who just took inferior ones. We will be in the driver’s seat to trade up to 1 in 2020 for Tua if we want to. Teams like PIT, LAC, and NE may be in the market for one as well, but we’ll have a higher pick and the capital to make the move.

Exactly. Why pass on an elite defensive player this year when you know better QBs will be there for the taking next season?

Moreso, our biggest competition for those QBs were NYG and WAS, who just took inferior ones. We will be in the driver’s seat to trade up to 1 in 2020 for Tua if we want to. Teams like PIT, LAC, and NE may be in the market for one as well, but we’ll have a higher pick and the capital to make the move.

The point is it doesn't make sense. The people complaining in this post honestly are making emotional arguments. There's no X's and O's reason for the Haskins argument. It's obviously possible that he could be the next coming. But the film study doesn't suggest that at all.

Now the film study does suggest that our DT pick will be a better overall prospect than Haskins. I'd rather go for the more assured talent than the hoping this works talent. That's not how you use valuable capital aka 1st round picks. Certainly, not on I "hope" talent.

Let's not overlook some QB needy teams just took their QB this year which opens up another opportunity to get a nice QB talent next year.

It was 50/50 going by opinions on Haskins. Im happy with the pick. Looks a very good player and they need as many as they can get. QB can be drafted next season which I'm pretty sure was the plan anyway.

The knee-jerk reaction by fans who only want to see a QB or skill position drafted just cracks me up. Miami has huge problems in the trenches (both sides), and you cannot build a winner until you resolve that. I wouldn't mind seeing them get Rosen if the deal is too good to pass up, as I think he may be better than most, if not all QB's in this draft. You get him for a 3 or lower, you have made great progress in this draft (assuming they fill some OL spots).

No what else stops the run? Having a QB that can get you the lead in the game so the other team is passing to try to catch up, lol. We get run on so much because the other team is protecting a lead. We gotta turn that ish around. You don’t do that with a DT.

Hmm so having a QB that can get you the lead is a sound way to stop the run? Well how do you explain the the following run defense rankings?

2014: Packers=23rd
2014:Saints=29th
2014:Chiefs=28th
2014:Chargers=26th

2015: Chargers=27th
2015: Redskins=26th
2015:Saints=31st
2015: Packers=21st
2015:Colts=25th

The knee-jerk reaction by fans who only want to see a QB or skill position drafted just cracks me up. Miami has huge problems in the trenches (both sides), and you cannot build a winner until you resolve that. I wouldn't mind seeing them get Rosen if the deal is too good to pass up, as I think he may be better than most, if not all QB's in this draft. You get him for a 3 or lower, you have made great progress in this draft (assuming they fill some OL spots).

images

This has been your logic leading up to the draft - wanting Lock

Is one thing wanting Lock - it a whole other taking unnecessary risks

This a pedestrian draft where it comes to QBs

Why risk now????!!!

We don’t know for 3 or 4 years how good this quarterback class is.

Nearly every QB is a gamble... the point is it is Grier’s job to scout and find a QB to gamble on... not play it safe.

If he evaluated Haskins and or Lock...passed on them and they blow up...he failed as a GM.

Even more so if he still hasn’t found our QB if the above happens.

The draft is a gamble...nobody was sure of Drew Brees ( hence he lasted until the 2nd round)...nobody was sure of Rodgers (hence he lasted until pick 21).

Not taking risks on QB’s is why the Miami Dolphins have Been quarterbackless for nearly 20 years. This team passed on Brady 6 times, Brees, Rodgers, Matt Ryan... because this team was afraid to roll the dice on QB prospects.

Grier can take the position he doesn’t like these QB’s....but if he’s wrong and Haskins blows up...he failed and will be judged for it.

I love everything about Wilkins. But I have to agree with you. If Haskins is as good as I think he is, passing on him is a mistake.

I wish I could trust this front office and the process, but I've seen my favorite team pass on Brees, Rogers, and Ryan over the years.

By this logic it seems that the Dolphins should draft a Qb in every round with their picks. Because you "better hope not!" type of logic...
No...wrong... but, when you don’t have one... you damn sure better scout and find one you want to gamble on.... one per year until you land one.

Grier job is to find talent... his highest priority is finding a championship QB... if he fails in that the rest doesn’t matter.

Yes... if he passed on Haskins, and he becomes a winning QB and he still hasn’t found a QB... he failed.

Last edited:
We don’t know for 3 or 4 years how good this quarterback class is.

Nearly every QB is a gamble... the point is it is Grier’s job to scout and find a QB to gamble on... not play it safe.

If he evaluated Haskins and or Lock...passed on them and they blow up...he failed as a GM.

Even more so if he still hasn’t found our QB if the above happens.

The draft is a gamble...nobody was sure of Drew Brees ( hence he lasted until the 2nd round)...nobody was sure of Rodgers (hence he lasted until pick 21).

Not taking risks on QB’s is why the Miami Dolphins have Been quarterbackless for nearly 20 years. This team passed on Brady 6 times, Brees, Rodgers, Matt Ryan... because this team was afraid to roll the dice on QB prospects.

Grier can take the position he doesn’t like these QB’s....but if he’s wrong and Haskins blows up...he failed and will be judged for it.

Pretty sure whether he fails or succeeds as a GM won't be based on Haskins and or Lock. It'll be based on whether he builds a good overall roster. Ozzie Newson never drafted an elite QB and he never got fired for his lack of QB success, he was judged based on team success.

Back
Top Bottom