Hayden Fox Assessment: W17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hayden Fox Assessment: W17

Hayden Fox

Is it Sunday yet?
Club Member
Reaction score
Positives

• Kenyan Drake came to play. He had 43 yards on 11 carries. 52 yards on 5 receptions. He completed trucked Tre White on key 3rd down.

• Reshad Jones’ pick six.

• Jerome Baker had 6 TOT, 6 Solo, 2 TFL’s and a sack.

• Devante Parker did not get hurt.

• Trickeration that ended up having Kenny Stills tossing a TD pass to Ryan Tannehill.

• Greg Likens on the pregame show. Always thought he handled a good Dolphins talk show.

• Mark Richt retiring.

Negatives

• Minus 3 TO differential.

• Tannehill was awful. 18-31 for 147 yards, 2 int’s and a fumble. Zero pocket awareness.

• WR’s made zero impact.

• 3-12 on 3rd down offense.

• 225 total yards.

• Gave up 4 sacks.

• Kalen Ballage fumble off of the Wildcat play.

• The Patriots ran all over this Buffalo defense yet the run game was not really stressed that much today.

• What an autrious game plan by Matt Burke. How many times, this season, was he going to let Josh Allen break contain and run free?

• Red Zone Defense...Buffalo was 4-4.

• The defense was 5-11 on 3rd down.

• Gave up 166 yards rushing.

• Too many missed tackles on all levels.

• Missed tackles were really obvious on a 12 yard Allen scramble for a first down.

• Cam Wake missed sack.

• Buffalo had it 3rd and 4 and Miami blew a coverage for a 45 yard gain.

• Embarrassing to allow Kyle Williams catch a pass. It was so obvious what was going to happen.

• Team lost its composure with cheapshots, fights and ejections.

• Terrible coming out from halftime. The Fins killed it to end the half. Miami should have had momentum. They had the ball first, but did nothing with it. The defense gave up points on their first appearance.

• Beth Mowins and Steve Beuerlein. I felt like I was watching an Iowa and Northwestern game with a noon kickoff listening to Mowins. Beuerlein seems so disinterested and has zero energy. How has kept an F-Crew analyst job all these years.

Overall Assessment

• I will say it again this week. While I have defended Adam Gase, he has made it so impossible the last three weeks. His team simply gets boat raced in the second half all this year. They simply are not even competitive. The Fins just get killed. The year statistics are simply gross. The takeaways are what kept the team in it along with some big, timely plays with some strong special teams. The team is just bad. A hard close loss today could have been an argument. A win versus Jacksonville too. None of this happened. I think the guy can coach. However, nothing is happening to move a pulse. I hate, hate, hate the consistent reboots. However, nothing good is happening right now with his team.

• I am so tired of Miami never being the motivated team. Why isn’t Miami the desperate team? Why aren’t they backed into the corner not wanting to be embarrassed on “Kyle Williams Day”. This team always allows the bully to take their lunch money.

• That said, shame on the players that Gase went to bat for either by signing or sticking up for publically. Where was Tannehill today? Stills? Amendola? Harris? Reshad Jones made a scoring play? However, nothing much from other players stepping up for their coach. Disappointing.

• The Ryan Tannehill Era is finally over. I backed him. Figured with “more of this” and “more of that”, he could make it here. I thought he was part of the solution. He is not. I am so tired of the Tannehill-led offense producing 1 TD. Miami should see his market and try to trade him. If not, cut him outright.

• Matt Burke was shameful for his two years as DC. What a terrible job. His material was better than they played. Yes, they need more players, but it was not that bad...and they were healthy. For all the talk of injuries, the defense was healthy.

• I am sorry. I know people are talking up Josh Allen. He stinks. He cannot hit a cow in the ass with a banjo. That is what makes me so frustrated with Matt Burke. Why rush him up field so much. Play coverage. Keep him in the pocket. Just a dumb, over-aggressive game plan.

• How did the refs miss Ted Larsen’s false start?

• How old does LeSean McCoy look now?

• While the talk and buzz will be about who the head coach should be or will be, I recommend focusing on who the President of the team or VP will be. Right now it will be who will set the philosophy and vision for this franchise. Who is this person going to be connected to that could lead this franchise on the field. How will a football culture be truly built. In the coming days, I will share what I would do with a few different alternatives with this team. Here is the bottom line: right now it is about vision and a philosophy the Dolphins will have going forward. While the season is over, the future of the Miami Dolphins is just beginning.

Robert Quinn was a disgrace today. McCoy made him look terrible on a few runs. His pass rush lacks any varying qualities. Then he quits on the team. He knew he’d be ejected pulling and holding an opponent’s face mask right in front of the refs. Get this guy off this team.

His garbage comments complaining about the media not covering his protests show you where his head was this season. He could care less about this team. Just collecting some checks.

I will say it again this week. While I have defended Adam Gase, he has made it so impossible the last three weeks. His team simply gets boat raced in the second half all this year. They simply are not even competitive. The Fins just get killed. The year statistics are simply gross. The takeaways are what kept the team in it along with some big, timely plays with some strong special teams. The team is just bad. A hard close loss today could have been an argument. A win versus Jacksonville too. None of this happened. I think the guy can coach. However, nothing is happening to move a pulse. I hate, hate, hate the consistent reboots. However, nothing good is happening right now with his team.

• I am sorry. I know people are talking up Josh Allen. He stinks. He cannot hit a cow in the *** with a banjo. That is what makes me so frustrated with Matt Burke. Why rush him up field so much. Play coverage. Keep him in the pocket. Just a dumb, over-aggressive game plan.

I agree with that first point. Gase has some good qualities, but it has all fallen apart hard and ugly. The situation has become untenable.

On the second point, unfortunately I think Josh Allen looks pretty good. No, he's not a very accurate right now, but proper quarterback coaching can improve that. And he's the most freakishly gifted quarterback athlete in football.

Great write up Hayden, as always.

They should fire T-bum, hire Aton and allow him to clean house.

I don't agree that Jerome Baker was a positive. He was awful on numerous plays today. Funniest thing I've seen in any Dolphins game circa 2018 may have been Jerome Baker still with his back turned and trying to play pass defense near the goal line, with Josh Allen only a few yards away and racing into the end zone on a 30 yard run.

I was in such hysterics on that play I insisted on replaying it time and again, even as others in the room insisted I return to ongoing action.

Baker also was miserable on that earlier escape down the left sideline by Allen. Wait a minute...I thought every Dolphins defender agreed they had severely underestimated Allen's speed in the first matchup? I guess Jerome Baker didn't mind a second lesson.

Actually I take it back: Funniest thing I saw all season in a Dolphins game was Charles Harris planted onto his back by a tight end at New England.

Otherwise, I agree with Hayden regarding Josh Allen but disagree regarding Beth Mowins.

She is perfectly fine as play by play broadcaster. It is misogyny in action. Nothing else. I actually saw that demonstrated on a college football site several years ago on Rivals.com. Someone quoted a broadcaster from that day, with numerous comments made during the game. It was an obscure game than not many people saw. Posters were agreeing with all the comments, and some were saying how astute they were. The OP remained completely silent. But finally another poster jumped in. He said he recognized those comments. They were all from Beth Mowins.

Suddenly the OP returned and was saying he made the thread for exactly that reason. He said he had noted for years that Mowins would say things that people on the board agreed with, and often Mowins was emphasizing them before they became consensus. Yet when Mowins herself was the topic, it was nothing but negativity and animosity.

Josh Allen is not scary. Sure he makes an occasional play but the accuracy issues and inability to vary pace and loft to fit the evolving need of the play are going to regulate his upside, and therefore regulate the Buffalo Bills. Josh Allen is not going to make key third down conversions into tight windows in key games against top opponents. Buffalo would need a monster team to threaten high level with Allen at quarterback.

I don't agree that Jerome Baker was a positive. He was awful on numerous plays today. Funniest thing I've seen in any Dolphins game circa 2018 may have been Jerome Baker still with his back turned and trying to play pass defense near the goal line, with Josh Allen only a few yards away and racing into the end zone on a 30 yard run.

I was in such hysterics on that play I insisted on replaying it time and again, even as others in the room insisted I return to ongoing action.

Baker also was miserable on that earlier escape down the left sideline by Allen. Wait a minute...I thought every Dolphins defender agreed they had severely underestimated Allen's speed in the first matchup? I guess Jerome Baker didn't mind a second lesson.

Actually I take it back: Funniest thing I saw all season in a Dolphins game was Charles Harris planted onto his back by a tight end at New England.

Otherwise, I agree with Hayden regarding Josh Allen but disagree regarding Beth Mowins.

She is perfectly fine as play by play broadcaster. It is misogyny in action. Nothing else. I actually saw that demonstrated on a college football site several years ago on Rivals.com. Someone quoted a broadcaster from that day, with numerous comments made during the game. It was an obscure game than not many people saw. Posters were agreeing with all the comments, and some were saying how astute they were. The OP remained completely silent. But finally another poster jumped in. He said he recognized those comments. They were all from Beth Mowins.

Suddenly the OP returned and was saying he made the thread for exactly that reason. He said he had noted for years that Mowins would say things that people on the board agreed with, and often Mowins was emphasizing them before they became consensus. Yet when Mowins herself was the topic, it was nothing but negativity and animosity.

Josh Allen is not scary. Sure he makes an occasional play but the accuracy issues and inability to vary pace and loft to fit the evolving need of the play are going to regulate his upside, and therefore regulate the Buffalo Bills. Josh Allen is not going to make key third down conversions into tight windows in key games against top opponents. Buffalo would need a monster team to threaten high level with Allen at quarterback.

Some of it may be misogyny. But I can tell you, if it was a male announcer who had the same affectations and pronounciations (yards are “yerds”), I’d hate listening to him just as much.

I watched the first half from a local sports bar. Drinking was involved.

Point blank, the team quit. Guys half-assing from the second series in the first quarter forward.

I'd lay even money the team already know whose leaving both the staff and the front office.

In short an awful performance where most of the team didn't show up. Should cost Gase and his entire staff their jobs. Also should in the least force the team to bring in legit competion for Tannehill next season if no team is willing to trade for him. Might be best just to take the cap hit and move on from Tannehill. Today is just more proff that Tannehill plays awful in Buffalo.

. said:
Beth Mowins and Steve Beuerlein. I felt like I was watching an Iowa and Northwestern game with a noon kickoff listening to Mowins. Beuerlein seems so disinterested and has zero energy. How has kept an F-Crew analyst job all these years.

Perfect for the Dolphins.

Totally disagree with your assessment of Josh Allen. I think he is going to be a really good one, if not a great one.
From what I've seen all the rookie QB's have had a few accuracy issues from Mayfield to Jackson.
That can be corrected over time.
But he's strong as a bull, has a rifle for an arm and is faster than almost everyone on the Dolphins defense.
He's going to be a good one and we will be facing him twice a year for the next 10 years plus.

Positives

• Kenyan Drake came to play. He had 43 yards on 11 carries. 52 yards on 5 receptions. He completed trucked Tre White on key 3rd down.

• Reshad Jones’ pick six.

• Jerome Baker had 6 TOT, 6 Solo, 2 TFL’s and a sack.

• Devante Parker did not get hurt.

• Trickeration that ended up having Kenny Stills tossing a TD pass to Ryan Tannehill.

• Greg Likens on the pregame show. Always thought he handled a good Dolphins talk show.

• Mark Richt retiring.

Negatives

• Minus 3 TO differential.

• Tannehill was awful. 18-31 for 147 yards, 2 int’s and a fumble. Zero pocket awareness.

• WR’s made zero impact.

• 3-12 on 3rd down offense.

• 225 total yards.

• Gave up 4 sacks.

• Kalen Ballage fumble off of the Wildcat play.

• The Patriots ran all over this Buffalo defense yet the run game was not really stressed that much today.

• What an autrious game plan by Matt Burke. How many times, this season, was he going to let Josh Allen break contain and run free?

• Red Zone Defense...Buffalo was 4-4.

• The defense was 5-11 on 3rd down.

• Gave up 166 yards rushing.

• Too many missed tackles on all levels.

• Missed tackles were really obvious on a 12 yard Allen scramble for a first down.

• Cam Wake missed sack.

• Buffalo had it 3rd and 4 and Miami blew a coverage for a 45 yard gain.

• Embarrassing to allow Kyle Williams catch a pass. It was so obvious what was going to happen.

• Team lost its composure with cheapshots, fights and ejections.

• Terrible coming out from halftime. The Fins killed it to end the half. Miami should have had momentum. They had the ball first, but did nothing with it. The defense gave up points on their first appearance.

• Beth Mowins and Steve Beuerlein. I felt like I was watching an Iowa and Northwestern game with a noon kickoff listening to Mowins. Beuerlein seems so disinterested and has zero energy. How has kept an F-Crew analyst job all these years.

Overall Assessment

• I will say it again this week. While I have defended Adam Gase, he has made it so impossible the last three weeks. His team simply gets boat raced in the second half all this year. They simply are not even competitive. The Fins just get killed. The year statistics are simply gross. The takeaways are what kept the team in it along with some big, timely plays with some strong special teams. The team is just bad. A hard close loss today could have been an argument. A win versus Jacksonville too. None of this happened. I think the guy can coach. However, nothing is happening to move a pulse. I hate, hate, hate the consistent reboots. However, nothing good is happening right now with his team.

• I am so tired of Miami never being the motivated team. Why isn’t Miami the desperate team? Why aren’t they backed into the corner not wanting to be embarrassed on “Kyle Williams Day”. This team always allows the bully to take their lunch money.

• That said, shame on the players that Gase went to bat for either by signing or sticking up for publically. Where was Tannehill today? Stills? Amendola? Harris? Reshad Jones made a scoring play? However, nothing much from other players stepping up for their coach. Disappointing.

• The Ryan Tannehill Era is finally over. I backed him. Figured with “more of this” and “more of that”, he could make it here. I thought he was part of the solution. He is not. I am so tired of the Tannehill-led offense producing 1 TD. Miami should see his market and try to trade him. If not, cut him outright.

• Matt Burke was shameful for his two years as DC. What a terrible job. His material was better than they played. Yes, they need more players, but it was not that bad...and they were healthy. For all the talk of injuries, the defense was healthy.

• I am sorry. I know people are talking up Josh Allen. He stinks. He cannot hit a cow in the *** with a banjo. That is what makes me so frustrated with Matt Burke. Why rush him up field so much. Play coverage. Keep him in the pocket. Just a dumb, over-aggressive game plan.

• How did the refs miss Ted Larsen’s false start?

• How old does LeSean McCoy look now?

• While the talk and buzz will be about who the head coach should be or will be, I recommend focusing on who the President of the team or VP will be. Right now it will be who will set the philosophy and vision for this franchise. Who is this person going to be connected to that could lead this franchise on the field. How will a football culture be truly built. In the coming days, I will share what I would do with a few different alternatives with this team. Here is the bottom line: right now it is about vision and a philosophy the Dolphins will have going forward. While the season is over, the future of the Miami Dolphins is just beginning.

I've appreciated your post game analyses and this lead in to the post season "change of direction" was on point without all the hyperbole I so often see on this forum.

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom