Hayden Fox Assessment: W6 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hayden Fox Assessment: W6

Hayden, excellent job as usual. You are fair and unbiased in your assessments. That seems to be a rare thing here.

Both the Bengals and the Bears are quality teams that are playing well. Clearly the Dolphins haven’t gotten their offense clicking on all cylinders yet. Still we won one and should have won both. One can’t help but wonder what this team could be once we get it together AND have a complete roster. Quite the blow to have our new LG go down so early in the season. On the flip side our defense has been better than I expected. It wasn’t that long ago that many thought McCain sucked. But we sure missed him.

Gase And FO will look smart if they manage to trade Brock for a decent draft pick.

Great analysis, as always, Hayden.

I have to give the Dolphins props. When Drake fumbled, I was roasting the organization from the very top. Called it a culture of losing. And a loss yesterday would have been devastating. But the Dolphins found a way to be better than a very good Bears team. They put themselves into a position where they could get away with some mistakes and still win. That's worth something, and, hopefully, it will be a steppingstone for this team to gain confidence and eliminate little mistakes that hold it back from climbing to the next level. This could be a use psychological win, because the Dolphins typically have found ways to blow games in inventive ways. This time they turned it around.

Hayden, excellent job as usual. You are fair and unbiased in your assessments. That seems to be a rare thing here.

Both the Bengals and the Bears are quality teams that are playing well. Clearly the Dolphins haven’t gotten their offense clicking on all cylinders yet. Still we won one and should have won both. One can’t help but wonder what this team could be once we get it together AND have a complete roster. Quite the blow to have our new LG go down so early in the season. On the flip side our defense has been better than I expected. It wasn’t that long ago that many thought McCain sucked. But we sure missed him.

Gase And FO will look smart if they manage to trade Brock for a decent draft pick.

Yes but no need, RT will be the starting QB on the team next year (sorry large percentage of the fan base) and having a quality back up like Osweiler is critical to any good football team which we absolutely are (sorry negative Nancy's).

What’s happened to Tankersley that he’s fallen off the edge of the earth? Talent? Coaching? Injury? I never expected this type of drop off.

Wonder if AZ would be interested in Parker as a big target for Rosen if we packaged him with a 2nd and 5th maybe to bring home Peterson, who's from Pompano Beach :shrug:
I think it's going to cost more than a 2nd and 5th. I'm thinking an additional pick or two in 2020 as well. I'd even try to unload some of the reserve CB's and or safties as part of the deal.

Great write up Hayden. Always look forward to reading these during wins and losses. I think you missed a big negative, so I'll add it here for you. The Refs were terrible yesterday at times. Missed holding. A missed PI on Drake on what would have amounted to a first down and a chance for the Fins to win in regulation. Also I think I remember another one on Gesicki or O'Leary as well. Just piss poor, especially with "home field advantage". Lots of pros in this Bears game. Hopefully the O-Line can play like that consistently.
I don't really agree with this .. in that i think you're glossing over that they made some glaring misses in the other direction too. They were just indicative of what I've noticed all season - bad refereeing all around. As fans, it's just easier for us to notice and remember the decisions that go against our team. The pick play on their TD was ... iffy, in my opinion. Happens a lot of the time and is only called sometimes. Also, the roughing the passer called on Brock was a joke.

TcTyre showed that he can stick with the receivers. He was stride-for-stride with them on most of those plays. However, you can't just be a jogging partner. If he ever learns how do defend the ball while in stride with the receiver he will be a decent corner.

A positive but also a negative is the past 2 weeks we have shut out our opponents in the first half only for them to score 27 and 28 respectively in the 2nd half.

A positive but also a negative is the past 2 weeks we have shut out our opponents in the first half only for them to score 27 and 28 respectively in the 2nd half.
Did you really expect 2 first place teams to lay down the whole game? Tannehill played a big part in the 2nd half scoring let down last week. I'm pleased with defense so far. They still rank top 10 in actual offensive points allowed through 6 weeks.

I especially liked your take on Brock Osweiler. That story about him and Drake was cool to hear. I love to see a guy who's been down or called out have success.

The offense always feels different with someone other than Tannehill (minus Cutler). It seems more explosive and has a different vibe. With that said, a HEALTHY Tannehill is the clear starter. When he returns he should have much shorter lease.

There has got to be a corner on the free market who can come in and play better than Tankersly or Mytyre. Getting McCain back will be huge.

Parker?? This guy seems to have more INT's when thrown to him than touchdowns?? If my receiver will not become the defensive player on a questionable throw then I would not look for him. What happened to our receiver log jam in spring training. Give one of them a chance and move on from Parker. Not sure what is worse a Yatil Green type injury or a slow agonizing injury riddled tease like Parker?

Parker is still hurt. Hopefully he gets 1lto 100% and makes an impact on the backend of the schedule.

Tannehills cap hit is 26M next year with 13M dead if cut. 2020 only 5.5M dead money with 25M cap hit. There's a good chance they take the 13 million dead money next year

Back
Top Bottom