Hayden Fox's 2014 Season Assessment | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hayden Fox's 2014 Season Assessment

Appreciate the time and effort put in HF. The notes that stick out to me most is our improved efficiency on 3rd down, overall moving the chains at a much better clip than previous years, 4th in total 1st downs, and Tannehill's progress. The redzone disasters ****ed this team beyond repair in regards to playoff contention.

One of the main points to bring into the offseason is for Hickey to make signing an OG in free agency a priority to avoid having to go that route early in the draft, and for Coyle (or whoever the hell else) to fix the ****ing defense. That last stretch of the season was absolutely horrendous, especially in comparison to the play they teased us with as a unit earlier in the season.

I agree. Get a good guard in fa, still draft one or two, but go linebacker in the first round.

The Bills just got better today with the hiring of Rex Ryan. Perfect fit.

The Bills just got better today with the hiring of Rex Ryan. Perfect fit.

I dont agree. Marrone did a damn good job with the Bills with no qb, he had Swartz as DC.
I think its a solid hire but I dont see it as an upgrade. Marrone had first Bills winning season in decade and built a team with one of the best defenses in the league.
I seriously doubt that Ryan could have got more out of that team.

I dont agree. Marrone did a damn good job with the Bills with no qb, he had Swartz as DC.
I think its a solid hire but I dont see it as an upgrade. Marrone had first Bills winning season in decade and built a team with one of the best defenses in the league.
I seriously doubt that Ryan could have got more out of that team.

I wanted that guy on my sideline or out of the damn division. Bills are legit today.

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

Jim Schwartz is available now. JOE MAKE A RUN AT HIM! Great defensive mind.

I wanted that guy on my sideline or out of the damn division. Bills are legit today.

---------- Post added at 08:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:46 AM ----------

Jim Schwartz is available now. JOE MAKE A RUN AT HIM! Great defensive mind.

As long as Joe Failbin is our coach it wouldnt matter.
I doubt very much Jim Swartz would come here and be DC anyway, he has no ties to anyone in our organization.
Probably would be more likely to work for his mentor Jeff Fisher

As long as Joe Failbin is our coach it wouldnt matter.
I doubt very much Jim Swartz would come here and be DC anyway, he has no ties to anyone in our organization.
Probably would be more likely to work for his mentor Jeff Fisher

Fisher's defense is in good hands with Gregg Williams.

I bet Schwartz goes to the Giants. Just a guess.

Vic Carruci tweeted that the Bills intend on keeping Scwartz. Interesting.

Adam Schein @AdamSchein · 17m 17 minutes ago
Guess the Bills aren't interested in clock management, offensive football, or wins. But hey -- they will be entertaining during the week.

This is another reason I think Rex can coach…Adam Schein does not like him. Schein is such a Cuse jock holder. I hope they do not hire Marrone and get Quinn.

Fisher's defense is in good hands with Gregg Williams.

I bet Schwartz goes to the Giants. Just a guess.

Many a guy has gone to work for people they have been around for years. Rob Marinelli did the same with Dallas.
The Giants would be smart to look at him

Hayden - I appreciate your distillation of the season. One of the key positives really surprised me - finishing with the 4th highest number of 1st downs across the whole NFL. I had no idea that we were anywhere near the top - (I would have guessed around the middle of the pack). Maybe this is a product of not getting bigger chunk yardage like some of the other good teams eg Green Bay and Indy seem to be able to get big yardage quickly.
I'm interested in whether the # of 1st downs is traditionally a really good measure or not? Lots of 1st downs but only average total number of points probably means that we are not strong enough in the red zone. Welcome your thoughts. Is it a good KPI or not?

For this team to improve, the qb must take a even bigger step. He needs to get better at the deep passing game, if he can do that then he will be a threat..

Defense doesn't need a rebuild at all, just add a few run cloggers in the middle and maybe a good Mike. FS is the hardest position to "fix"

CB too isn't gonna be easy.

Lamar Miller had 388 receptions? Bet that record will stand for a while.

Lamar Miller had 388 receptions? Bet that record will stand for a while.

Changed it. Thanks for contributing.

---------- Post added at 06:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

For this team to improve, the qb must take a even bigger step. He needs to get better at the deep passing game, if he can do that then he will be a threat..

Defense doesn't need a rebuild at all, just add a few run cloggers in the middle and maybe a good Mike. FS is the hardest position to "fix"

CB too isn't gonna be easy.

I think you just described a "rebuilt defense"

I'm so tired of going into the draft hamstrung because we have to go o-line or we have to go ML. We really need to see who drops to us and make a bold decision. We need a rock star at #14, if that person plays a non-glamorous position then so be it but we need impact now like the Bills got from Watkins and the Giants got from Beckham etc. I'm certain that Gordon won't be there but if he is, I'm on board with pulling the trigger. Our o-line would suddenly look a lot better with Gordon in a Dolphin uniform. If the best player sitting there at #14 is a DT I'm on board with that also but he's got to come in and start and be great. No more projects like Jordon. That pick set us back a ton.

I'm so tired of going into the draft hamstrung because we have to go o-line or we have to go ML. We really need to see who drops to us and make a bold decision. We need a rock star at #14, if that person plays a non-glamorous position then so be it but we need impact now like the Bills got from Watkins and the Giants got from Beckham etc. I'm certain that Gordon won't be there but if he is, I'm on board with pulling the trigger. Our o-line would suddenly look a lot better with Gordon in a Dolphin uniform. If the best player sitting there at #14 is a DT I'm on board with that also but he's got to come in and start and be great. No more projects like Jordon. That pick set us back a ton.

I am tired of the line getting my QB whacked and a defense that is getting pushed around. I also think the DB's are weaker than they played all year. That has to be the focus.

Back
Top Bottom