Hbo Sheds Light On The ‘not Pleasant’ Life Today Of Miami Dolphins Legend Nick Buoniconti | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hbo Sheds Light On The ‘not Pleasant’ Life Today Of Miami Dolphins Legend Nick Buoniconti

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
AR-190117547.jpg

“The Many Lives of Nick Buoniconti,” premiering on HBO at 10 p.m. Feb. 12 — takes an abrupt, 180-degree turn that will leave Dolphins fans feeling melancholy over all that football has given the Buoniconti family and all it has taken away.

“When we were growing up, football gave everything to us,” Nick’s son, Marc, says in the film. “And then look at what it did to me. And now look at what it’s doing to him.

“I mean, do you love the game? Hate the game? Do you love it and hate it?”

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/sport...oday-of-miami-dolphins-legend-nick-buoniconti

Very sad story for those of us who watched Nick play those years and then deal with his son's injury but ask him in the 70's if he would give it up and he would tell you 100% of the time no.

Very tragic part of the game we all enjoy.

His brain still worked and son wasn't paralyzed yet. Ask him now.

CTE will seriously fu*k up many of the players we know and love. Including the likes of Brady etc.

I think it’s just a matter of time before guys like JT show the signs, aside from playing days trauma of catheters, sleeping upright in the stairs, and game day injections into the soles of his feet.

This unfortunate road will become flooded with the stars we love. And all because of us, sitting on our couches, cheering and drinking beer.

Sad, but the truth is, without us there would be none of this devastation

CTE will seriously fu*k up many of the players we know and love. Including the likes of Brady etc.

I think it’s just a matter of time before guys like JT show the signs, aside from playing days trauma of catheters, sleeping upright in the stairs, and game day injections into the soles of his feet.

This unfortunate road will become flooded with the stars we love. And all because of us, sitting on our couches, cheering and drinking beer.

Brady has been so protected during his career I doubt very seriously he ever has issues...Heck if you really notice his jersey hardly even gets dirty...EVER.
Nah...Golden Boy will be fine for a long time. Now Wes Welker? He is a very high risk after the shots he took. Matter of fact...he may already be showing symptoms.

Far as Nick goes I hate it for him...Its no different than former mechanics who didnt know the dust would give them lung cancer or way back when at the turn of last century the ladies would use radioactive paint on clock faces to make them glow and all died young. Sometimes the dangers are not known immediately. I notice many more Wr's heading for the sidelines these days before taking hits...they all know now that there is a price to pay befond the initial cobwebs.

Last edited:

Blaming the fans ... nah ... I'll go ahead and point the finger the same direction the money is flowing. Up.

Football was invented and played long before money entered the conversation. It would still be around in one way or another even without us fans funding the whole operation.

It's 2019, there has been a freaking Hollywood movie about it, and you still don't hear anything about improved technology to protect players' brains. I find that increasingly odd.

Brady has been so protected during his career I doubt very seriously he ever has issues...Heck if you really notice his jersey hardly even gets dirty...EVER.
Nah...Golden Boy will be fine for a long time. Now Wes Welker? He is a very high risk after the shots he took. Matter of fact...he may already be showing symptoms.

Far as Nick goes I hate it for him...Its no different than former mechanics who didnt know the dust would give them lung cancer or way back when at the turn of last century the ladies would use radioactive paint on clock faces to make them glow and all died young. Sometimes the dangers are not known immediately. I notice many more Wr's heading for the sidelines these days before taking hits...they all know now that there is a price to pay befond the initial cobwebs.
Nah. Sorry, but Brady is heading down a bad road, fueled by his hubris. His diet and trainer has him feeling protected and invincible.

17 seasons of ailments: Tom Brady's entire reported injury history. In Tom Brady's 17-year NFL career, he has landed on the injury report 186 times. ... His wife, Gisele Bundchen, said Wednesday that Brady has a history of concussions, including one suffered last year

I'll go ahead and point the finger the same direction the money is flowing. Up.
you still don't hear anything about improved technology to protect players' brains. I find that increasingly odd.
Helmet technology improves all the time.

But the fact remains that even an F1 helmet cannot stop the transfer of energy that is equivalent to a repeated car crash. The laws of physics do not allow it

Helmet technology improves all the time.

But the fact remains that even an F1 helmet cannot stop the transfer of energy that is equivalent to a repeated car crash. The laws of physics do not allow it

It's just a matter of time unless something is discovered out on that front. Either they figure out a better way to keep brains from jostling around or the NFL keeps getting watered down until fans lose interest in an unrecognizable game. I don't see another path.

The answer is to implant all football players past year five (to save money on the folks that retire after 3-4 years) that will act like an air bag for the brain. Instant inflammation that provides a cushion to the brain against the skull. I don’t know how to do it but I could see someone else doing it

I mean we could just have bong rips at the ready on the sidelines too. Would you rather have a hazy concussed dude on the field or a hazy minded stoner recovering from concussion? I guess Marijuana has many benefits to recovering from concussion symptoms

Note: I understand that this post was serious and for dolfans, Buoniconti was one of our best players. He deserves respect and his sons injury was tragic. I acknowledge all of these things and still remain for the LuLz. Either inflammation cushions or concentrated weed.

I have several patients who played college and pros (Bills) Would they play knowing what happens to their body?

Some would be given the signing money. The others? nope but that money was their way out.

Do they enjoy watching the game Yes are they apprehensive as their boys start playing heck ya!

I'm a big fan of mandatory 3rd party MRI and neurological exams. Fail and the salary is wiped off the books What do I know I'm just the nurse that deals with these guys every day.

Back
Top Bottom