Heh, what if Miami moved? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Heh, what if Miami moved?

I LOVED THAT EPISODE!

Of course, I'm a big Timmy fan. It's amazing how much character development they've been able to do with a character who can only say one word.

But THAT topic is for another thread.

Originally posted by Trekbiz

Ummm...... No!

The mascot of the Dolphins is the Bottlenosed Dolphin.
These mammals are distributed worldwide in Tropical waters.
However, their population numbers are estimated to be anywhere from 3-4 times higher in the atlantic than in the pacific.
Such a difference that they are commonly called Atlantic Bottlenosed Dolphins. Yes California has bottlenosed Dolphins but not nearly as many. The most common on your coast is the Pacific White sided. Not the Fins mascot. Add that to the fact that the top research centers for Bottlenose Dolphins are located in FL. and the only Dolphin movie star ever (Flipper) resides here in Miami, I don't know where you came up with Dolphins being a "more California based animal"

Hence, from the above facts, we can see that the Bottlenosed Dolphin (Dolphin Mascot) is more of a Florida based mammal. So there is no other choice but to leave the Miami Dolphins right where they are permanently.
:D

Sorry for the science seminar but I took Marine Bio for quite awhile and could'nt help myself.

Thanks Trekbiz...you saved me the time of typing out this explanation. In my work, I see them almost every day in the Keys.

:laughat: :laughat:
Originally posted by inFINSible

Sure there are, the men use them to clear snow and carry the new bride over the threshold on their wedding night.:D

That was good!

Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
I see they're trying to being L.A back into the mix of football.

I know there is no chance the Dolphins are going to L.A, but how would you take it if the Dolphins did pick up the team and move?

I'd be pissed to all hell IMO.
Seeing as I can drive to the stadium now.

I don't think it would be possible to see a different city other then Miami in front of our name, heh.

If they ever move again, it would be to Broward!!

Back
Top Bottom