Heisman Trophy Winner is... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Heisman Trophy Winner is...

Jason White.

This is the biggest BS since...since...since USC not being placed in the Sugar Bowl. The NCAA has really F'd this season up big time. They might as well clear from the record books because it's obvious this shiznit is rigged.

This makes 3 BS Heisman winners in the past 4 years. Weinke, Crouch, & not White. Palmer was the only player that wasn't a fraud. The voters also have to get it in their head that the QB from the #1 or #2 team does not automatically deserve the Heisman.

The REAL Heisman Vote
1-Larry Fitzgerald, Pitt
2-Eli Manning, Miss
3-Chris Perry, Mich
4-Darren Sproles, Kansas State
5-Mike Williams, USC

Originally posted by SMadison29
Jason White.

This is the biggest BS since...since...since USC not being placed in the Sugar Bowl. The NCAA has really F'd this season up big time. They might as well clear from the record books because it's obvious this shiznit is rigged.

This makes 3 BS Heisman winners in the past 4 years. Weinke, Crouch, & not White. Palmer was the only player that wasn't a fraud. The voters also have to get it in their head that the QB from the #1 or #2 team does not automatically deserve the Heisman.

The REAL Heisman Vote
1-Larry Fitzgerald, Pitt
2-Eli Manning, Miss
3-Chris Perry, Mich
4-Darren Sproles, Kansas State
5-Mike Williams, USC
i really haven't followed the heisman that much, but weiner was definately a bad choice!:rolleyes:

Larry Fitzgerald deserved the award. I had a feeling White would win, but he didn't deserve it. Manning and Fitzgerald were a lot more deserving.

Didn't White throw for like 40 TDs against 6 iNTs......hard to argue with that from where I'm sitting. :dunno:

Originally posted by inFINSible
Didn't White throw for like 40 TDs against 6 iNTs......hard to argue with that from where I'm sitting. :dunno:

I think he threw for 40 TDs and 8 INTs, he definitely had great numbers. However, he just isn't the best player in the country. The best player in the country was Larry Fitzgerald. Also, Eli Manning is a better player as well. White had a great season, he just should not have won the Heisman.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

I think he threw for 40 TDs and 8 INTs, he definitely had great numbers. However, he just isn't the best player in the country. The best player in the country was Larry Fitzgerald. Also, Eli Manning is a better player as well. White had a great season, he just should not have won the Heisman.
receivers CAN make a QB look good!;)

Wasn't the reason that they didn't give Ken Dorsey the Heisman cause they beleived that the talent he was surrounded by made him look good. Even though he was 38-2 as a starter in fact at the time he was 38-1 as a starter. So whats the excuse for giving Jason the Heisman and not the best player, i can tell you popularity. If any of you have read the newest ESPN magazine which was published before the Heisman they basically already said that he would win. And the fact that 500 votes had already been sent in before the sooners lost no excuse me were pumeled by kansas is to me wrong. Who in here actually believes that he will do anything in the NFL. Cause again an excuse they used for not giving Dorsey the Heisman was that they didn't think he would do anything in the NFL. (Which is kinda funny cause Erickson came on and said that Dorsey is amazing that he is the smartest QB hes ever seen and he has gained 25 pounds and that he is the future of this team) In my opinion it should have been Larry Fitz or Eli this was a total BS year. I really hope they fix things up next year.

I think Fitzgerald would have won had they voted AFTER the BIG XII Championship. It was obvious White was going to win, but Fitzgerald deserved it.

As for Weinke and Crouch being bad picks. I disagree. Those guys were on good teams, and played their hearts out.

Look at the production of Oklahoma's offense between last season and this season. Jason White was the difference. The receivers are the same guys that were there last year. White made them a better team.

If you want to use the extra game as a measuring stick then fine. He was the only candidate to have to play an extra game. He led his team to a better record than all the other candidates. Chris Perry did nothing for Michigan v. Oregon. Larry Fitzgerald DISAPPEARED when he went up against your beloved 'Canes. And Manning well if he wanted to have a shot then he needs to make sure he gets a pass off on 4th down.

Jason White won the trophy and it was the right call.

Jason White didn't deserve it. If you want to go by #s like the 40 TDs then BJ Symons should have won. The award has become a joke in recent years & this year is no different. He's not he best player in the country, he's not the most outstanding player in the country, he's just a QB on the #3 team. I guess that's all you have to be these days to qualify.

You know...once, I wish someone who wears a number in the 50s, 60s, or 70s would be seriously considered for the Heisman. But it'll never happen. The Heisman is ostensibly for "The best player in college football", but it's not. It's for the "best player who regularly touches the ball".

You can't convince me that Jason White is a better player than Robert Gallery.

Originally posted by SMadison29
Jason White didn't deserve it. If you want to go by #s like the 40 TDs then BJ Symons should have won. The award has become a joke in recent years & this year is no different. He's not he best player in the country, he's not the most outstanding player in the country, he's just a QB on the #3 team. I guess that's all you have to be these days to qualify.

BJ Symons threw for a lot of yards and TD's but he also threw a lot of picks that cost his team games. Including two games where he had 5 interceptions in each game.

White threw 8 the entire season.

What did Eli Manning do? Or Chris Perry?

Larry Fitzgerald caught 22 touchdowns that's amazing. His # of Catches and yards were not that great.

Originally posted by Center
You can't convince me that Jason White is a better player than Robert Gallery.

Nor would I try to, I agree with you.

Orlando Pace is the lineman that I remember being considered a finalist.

Back
Top Bottom