Heisman Trophy Winner is... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Heisman Trophy Winner is...

Originally posted by Center
You know...once, I wish someone who wears a number in the 50s, 60s, or 70s would be seriously considered for the Heisman. But it'll never happen. The Heisman is ostensibly for "The best player in college football", but it's not. It's for the "best player who regularly touches the ball".

You can't convince me that Jason White is a better player than Robert Gallery.
you're right, i've seen some damn good centers that made the running game go!;)

What did Eli Manning do?

He lead a crappy Ole Miss team to 3 points shy of the SEC championship. There's no way they would have been this good without Eli.

Look at the production of Oklahoma's offense between last season and this season. Jason White was the difference. The receivers are the same guys that were there last year. White made them a better team.

Look at their ranking last year compared to this year. They went from 5th to 3rd. Ole Miss went from not ranked at 7-6 to 16th.

Which is more difficult? Getting into the Top 25 or staying in the top 5?

White beat Manning in every statistical category. Granted Manning will probably be the better NFL qb, but there is no comparison for this past season.

Originally posted by Angneli
Which is more difficult? Getting into the Top 25 or staying in the top 5?

White beat Manning in every statistical category. Granted Manning will probably be the better NFL qb, but there is no comparison for this past season.

You're looking to much at teh statistical side of it. Like last year if you went by stats it shouldn't have been Carson Palmer but Larry Johnson, Kliff Kingsbury, or Willis McGahee but the voters got it right because Palmer was the best player in the nation, most outstanding, & at the time MVP(we now know that any good QB can put up great #s in USC's system but last year was the first). Eli & Fitzgerald were clearly the two most outstanding players & more important to each of their respective teams.

White was just as important to his team. Without him the would have not had the offensive year that they had. They jumped up the boards on offense in every passing category. The difference between this year and last year is Jason White.

I don't think that Rutherford gets enough credit for Pittsburgh's offense.

angneli you make a few good pionts but if Jason won it with the statistics he had then tell me why Ken Dorsey shouldn't have won it. In all honesty i agree that carson palmer had the best mechanics for the NFL, but if your throwing the statistics in isn't 38-2 as a starter got to do something with how the Canes were amazing the past few years, i think so. So if you wanna say well he helped his team and they have a great record then hell if this was the team heismen and he was representing them then i would have given it to Jason as well but this is who is the best in the nation and clearly i think it was Eli and Larry, and since you say that Larry disappeared against our canes where was Jason against Kansas, losses and bad games come with the territory but the best in the game was clearly Larry and Eli and its to bad that it went the way that it did.

I'll tell you exactly why Dorsey didn't win. Palmer dominated him in every category that season. Palmer had More TD's, Less Int's, more yards and a higher completion percentage.

Sounds familiar.

But dont you think the Heisman is based on what you've done for your team. White has lead Chokelahoma from the #5 ranking of Nate Hybl's team to #3 this year & probably lower after the BS championship. He hasn't done much more for the team, 60 more yards of offense a game is it.

Don't forget the 13 more touchdowns, and 1 less interception and a higher completion percentage. (then Manning)

And a National Championship is still possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
alright lets get off jason whites tip here. I will agree with palmer winning it, personally i believe the reason Ken Dorsey didn't win is the fact that we had 2 Miami players there and it really split votes. I just don't think jason deserved it. And i think most people would agree that either eli or Larry deserved it which also may be the reason neither of them won, because the votes were split between them.

The votes were not that split up. Manning was way behind Fitzgerald.

Back
Top Bottom