Hello from Houston | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Hello from Houston

He (McNair) sure has. That is a very exciting franchise. You've got a gorgeous stadium and some really great young talent there. I really like David Carr. And those WRs are gonna be gamebreakers. There's some excellent talent on D.

Those franchise pieces are already in place IMO. Just gotta keep that talent coming.

I don't think there's anything wrong with Texans fans predicting a victory. After all, you gotta have hope. And most of those fans who are predicting the win.....they're doing so with hope in mind. :)

The ones that are predicting a Texan blowout are off their rocker, but it could be a close game. I think Fins 31-13 because we always start awesome opening day. Mid-season could be a very different ballgame. You got some good corners, awesome young QB and WR's. Good luck the rest of the season. Damn ESPN power rankings have you at the very bottom. I strongly disagree with this. Y'all are headed in the right direction!!!

I said

34-10

Andre Johnson will score! :D

Originally posted by gwallaia

One thing for sure, it has been a real pleasure to watch a team grow from absolutely nothing, from nothing more than an empty parking lot next to the Astrodome to one of the best franchises in the NFL. Bob McNair has done a phenominal job.

I was a part of the team doing McNair's polling when he successfully ran for Mayor of Houston back in '90 or '91. I was operating out of Washington, DC at the time. He was great as a businessman, a candidate, a Mayor and now as a team owner. It was a pleasure to help him win.

The man likes to win and knows how. I have no doubt he'll maximize all of the franchise's opportunities. Good luck.:)

Hi everyone, another Houstonian here.

Nice to see some classy fans. Normally when I talk to opposing fans before a game, I expect a good number of em to talk smack :).. for the most part there has been no smack talk here.. that is awesome.

Anyway, I predicted a win for the Texans :).. I said Hou: 27 Mia: 20

But yah.. im being opptimistic :). Ill be pleasantly surprised if we win, but im not getting my hopes up yet. Im withholding all of my "hopes" until our team has a firm starting roster, and a little more depth/experience.

ANYWAY.. Miami is looking great this year :).. I hope to see yall going places. Im getting tired of seeing all these yankee teams getting the glory :).. we need a southern superbowl. Especially since its coming to Houston.

So, great site, glad to see a classy bunch of fans here, im sure you will be hearing from me again come sunday :).

Good luck.

Originally posted by Grid
Hi everyone, another Houstonian here.

Nice to see some classy fans. Normally when I talk to opposing fans before a game, I expect a good number of em to talk smack :).. for the most part there has been no smack talk here.. that is awesome.

Anyway, I predicted a win for the Texans :).. I said Hou: 27 Mia: 20

But yah.. im being opptimistic :). Ill be pleasantly surprised if we win, but im not getting my hopes up yet. Im withholding all of my "hopes" until our team has a firm starting roster, and a little more depth/experience.

ANYWAY.. Miami is looking great this year :).. I hope to see yall going places. Im getting tired of seeing all these yankee teams getting the glory :).. we need a southern superbowl. Especially since its coming to Houston.

So, great site, glad to see a classy bunch of fans here, im sure you will be hearing from me again come sunday :).

Good luck.

Good to hear from another Texan fan. For the most part there are a bunch of classy folks here. If your optimistic prediction comes true, come back to this board after the game and you'll see class go right out the window.:lol: We'll be cussing the players, the coaches and each other.:yell:
It's entirely possible for not only an all southern SB, but an all Florida SB. Good luck to the Texans this year. I just don't wish you that luck this Sunday.

I would expect Texas fans to show some class. After all yall gave us Lance Armstrong.:D

Originally posted by gwallaia

Check out the prediction thread on the Texans message board.

Member...........................Texans...............Mahi Mahi

bozotheclowner........................10...............00

Texans will have a great team next year with players maturing and having another great draft.

But Bozotheclowner...
:confused: :rolleyes:

Wow I think he really did a good job in chosing his name.
:goof:

Welcome aboard Texans. I said earlier this week, Carolina made the play offs in their second season, and IMHO Houston has more talent. I think 7-9 is a realistic goal for Houston this year. Two or three years though, and they will be something to really worry about.

It's nice that the texan fans are optimistic about their franchise and I tend to agree they will be a force within 2 seasons. However IMO they don't have a chance on Sunday. I tend to think this will turn out to be a replay of Detroit's game last year. Good Luck on a Great season Texan Fans

Originally posted by FinFrenzy
I tend to think this will turn out to be a replay of Detroit's game last year.

Yes and no, YES a blowout would be nice, NO the defense playing soft in the 4th with a lead.

It would be nice if it was a blowout but, I seriously doubt the game will be anything like last years opener against Detroit. The Texans defense is far better then Detroits was and the Houston offense has more talent and a QB with a years experiance.

I predicted 34-13 Fins, but with the defense scoring and the ST getting the offense a short TD or scoring themselves and the offense scoring acouple TDs and FGs.

I've always liked the Dolphins and I also went to Texas Tech when Zach Thomas played there. I can still remember his interception return that won the game against Texas A&M his senior year. He is a special player. Just like I think Andre Johnson will be - so lets call it an even trade. I've been not only impressed by his play on the field but by his attitude off the field. I am SO glad Detroit took Rogers instead of Johnson.

Anyway, I'm not making any predictions for a Texans win, but you never know (just ask the Cowboys). I expect Ricky Williams (from UT) to run all over us. We better not go 3 and out a bunch of times or we may never see the ball again.

With that said I think we are a much better team this year. And I think the Dolphins will be too. I still can't figure out how they didn't make the playoffs last year. It would be nice to see you guys in Houston for the Super Bowl...well it would nice to see anybody from the AFC other than the Titans to be honest.

Good luck sunday, and no offense but I'm hoping for a hurricane...I love bad weather games!

Back
Top Bottom