Help From the locals about Tailgaiting for this Sundays game - Thank you!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Help From the locals about Tailgaiting for this Sundays game - Thank you!!

I never buy parking beforehand and always find a spot in the cash lot. Plenty of tailgating going on there. Its a walk to the stadium crossing the main road, but there's a bridge there and it isn't too bad. I haven't been to a game since that dreadful 2 point conversion against the Redskins (2019?), so it may have changed since then.

lol it's a whole new world down there. I don't even think cash lots exist anymore, except if a store/restaurant is advertising their parking for a price. Parking has gone to hell once they went the Formula 1 route.

DON'T FORGET TO BRING THE TAILGATING FOOD AND BEVERAGES!!!

Way back, my sister (Patriots fan) and I went down for the game... after 3 awesome days in Florida, we woke up excited for NFL Sunday. We got ready, got the tickets, hopped into the car, and parked early for a great morning of tailgating. Literally went to our trunk and popped the hood, and the emptiness in there reminded us that we totally forgot to buy any food or beverages to tailgate. We died laughing!!! Walked to the gas station down the way, bought pringles and 40s, and had an awesome rest of the day. Praise for great neighbors tailgating as well though!!!

I've flown down twice for a game. Since I'm coming from out of town, it's not really practical for me to tailgate myself. I just part in one of the remote lots, walk over to the main lot, and walk up and down the rows. There's tons of tailgaters, and most of them welcome anyone and everyone to stop by their tailgates. Just to hang out with the other fans. You will get more than your fill of food, drinks, and laughs.

The average season ticket holder has a Yellow pass, that is the most common pass to be close to the stadium. When season ticket holders sell tickets, they often include a Yellow pass which is a nice perk. Solid tailgating happens in Yellow. Those lots typically only require you to cross the street to get in to the orange lot area. Orange Lot is where the high visibility tailgating happens. You'll see a lot of the more popular Twitter Dolfans there and its pretty live with music. Those lots get passed down from generation to generation for longtime season ticket holders. Waiting list is years to get one. There is no assigned parking for yellow or orange (although if you are foreign to Orange lot, long timers will tell you if you are posted in a spot of somebody that's a long timer (unlikely because they get their when the gates open usually).

Resale pricing for Yellow this game seems to be running between $100 to $200, and Orange Lot seems to be running $200+.

Dolphins sell offsite parking for $25 in advance. They claim there is no tailgating but trust me, people tailgate there all the time. Its not nearly as nice because its designed to jam pack cars in there and its a good 20 minute walk to get to the front of the stadium.

What I did last year for the Xmas day game was do a Twitter Meetup with a guy selling an orange pass. $100 bucks, no brainer really. But I did have a cheaper Yellow pass I purchased just in case and resold that as soon as I got the orange. Then a group of like 14 of us just met up at my SUV. Some parked offsite, some ubered, we just needed one primary spot in a prime area. There was plenty of room.

So maybe consider that option.
Great info @Kdawg954! I copied it into the @Fin-Loco Visiting Miami thread as it will be super helpful for people going to the game.

Places like Buffalo can go straight to hell
Will Ferrell Anchorman GIF by AOK

Threads about visitors to games definitely need to be stickied.

The official tailgating parking lot is stupid expensive now, but you can tailgate in any lot. I parked at the Norwood lot down the road a couple weeks ago and people were set up all over the lot.

Threads about visitors to games definitely need to be stickied.

The official tailgating parking lot is stupid expensive now, but you can tailgate in any lot. I parked at the Norwood lot down the road a couple weeks ago and people were set up all over the lot.
Stickied

Going to the Panthers game tomorrow and this thread has been really useful. One question if anyone can help - I have have purchased a car parking space using vivid seats. It's in Yellow but the e-ticket doesn't have a lot number...is this normal?

I have the same, yellow lot and Vivid. Got a guy here at the resort in Cocoa Beach that has season tickets. Told me to download the free Dolphins app. You create a login and password that is the same for Ticketmaster and game tickets and parking barcodes show up. My parking says Yello2 so assuming it’s number two.

I have the same, yellow lot and Vivid. Got a guy here at the resort in Cocoa Beach that has season tickets. Told me to download the free Dolphins app. You create a login and password that is the same for Ticketmaster and game tickets and parking barcodes show up. My parking says Yello2 so assuming it’s number two.
Hmmm...mine says Yello4, but as far as I can tell from the Parking Map, the yellow sections are gates 10/11, 13/14, 15/16 and 17/18, so I'm none the wiser! Figure I'll just turn up and hope someone can direct me to the right one!

Back
Top Bottom