Help w/travel to Boston for Pats game Nov 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Help w/travel to Boston for Pats game Nov 8

Challenger74

Starter
Reaction score
Me and a couple buddies are going to the Patriots game game on Nov 8. We are staying in Boston(Omni Parker House). We'll be there 4 days. What are the spots that we have to hit? Any specific bars or restaurants?

Me and a couple buddies are going to the Patriots game game on Nov 8. We are staying in Boston(Omni Parker House). We'll be there 4 days. What are the spots that we have to hit? Any specific bars or restaurants?

What are you looking for?? Night life? Great restaurants(seafood?, italian?) touristy stuff?? What budget??

With this info i can give you some ideas!

Man I wish I could go to that game. I live in Boston but I can't spend $130.00 per ticket...

LoL, you have a couple I can scalp off you?!?

Good luck with Boston PATS fans my grandfather gone three times to that stadium and he got into a fight every time he is forever banned from that stadium but that was what they said the first time lol.

I live in Braintree, which is halfway between Boston and Foxborro. Are you staying in Boston? If you are, you're going to want to leave early on Sunday, as it's still a hike from Boston to the stadium. You'll need to hop on I-93 for about a half hour (maybe longer with traffic) and then get on 95 south when 93 ends. From there, it's still nearly another half hour to the stadium, but the traffic getting off of 95 on to route 1 in Foxborro is horrible on game days. I figure it will definitely take you an hour to get there from the city.

i went up to the game last year with 3 friends we got thier saturday night out hotel was 5 mintunes from the stadium there was nothting to do. we went out to a steak house with all dolphin jerseys. little did we know it was a very fancy place. but ther wasnt a lot to do around foxboro

I live in Braintree, which is halfway between Boston and Foxborro. Are you staying in Boston? If you are, you're going to want to leave early on Sunday, as it's still a hike from Boston to the stadium. You'll need to hop on I-93 for about a half hour (maybe longer with traffic) and then get on 95 south when 93 ends. From there, it's still nearly another half hour to the stadium, but the traffic getting off of 95 on to route 1 in Foxborro is horrible on game days. I figure it will definitely take you an hour to get there from the city.

perfectly said, people who complain about the location of our stadium and the traffic and parking have most likely never been to a game in foxboro

Well, we definitely will be partaking in the nighlife. We figure we'll do the touristy things during the day, but we want to know about the bars and restaruants. Nothing too expensive just good bars and food.

I got lucky with the tickets. Lower level 50yd line, yes 50yd for $230 a pop. So no I don't have any extras,lol.

The flight was cheap, only $169 r/t.

We aren't renting a car so everything is going to be public transportation. I read on the boston transportation website they do transportation for all Patriots games. Anybody use it??

Thanks for the help!

Oh jeez. You're going to REALLY want to leave early if you're doing that. I've never taken the commuter rail out that way, but I hear it sucks. My guess is you'll want to get to South Station and take the commuter rail.

Now, as for the nightlife, I would recommend anything in Faneuil Hall. The Bell in Hand and Ned Devine's are my two favorite places, but there's basically a long strip of bars and restaurants right in that area.

Back to the transportation, I'm not 100 percent sure where your hotel is. I've lived in the Boston area my whole life so I've never had the need to know where hotels were lol. However, you are going to want to use the T, which is basically what we call our subway system. This is the most important part; get on the RED line to get to South Station. There's also the Green, Blue and Orange lines, but you don't want those. You will want the Red line.

Let me know if you have any other questions about anything.

Well, we definitely will be partaking in the nighlife. We figure we'll do the touristy things during the day, but we want to know about the bars and restaruants. Nothing too expensive just good bars and food.

I got lucky with the tickets. Lower level 50yd line, yes 50yd for $230 a pop. So no I don't have any extras,lol.

The flight was cheap, only $169 r/t.

We aren't renting a car so everything is going to be public transportation. I read on the boston transportation website they do transportation for all Patriots games. Anybody use it??

Thanks for the help!

Its crowded but there is a train from South Station (about 10 min walk form your hotel)

As for nightlife:
Fanuel Hall is close by to the hotel and has many bars/restaurants. Just up the street from there are a lot of Irish Pubs (Green Dragon Tavern, Black Rose, Purple Shamrock, etc.) All great times. Definitely eat in the North End (hanover St. about 5-10 mins from hotel) The best Italian food!! And make sure you have some chowder. (Legal Seafoods and Chart House are best)

As for tourist stuff - Boston Common is across form your hotel and nice to hang out if its good weather. Maybe stop by Cheers(overpriced but a Boston staple) Do a tour of Fenway Park (less than 20 bucks) and a Duck Tour(there is a ton of history in Boston)

if you got any specific interests let me know and i can post more info.

When you are in the City, make sure to stop in the Little Italy section on Hanover.
There is a great pizza place, but I forget the name.
But I am sure there are allot of other places to eat.

Back
Top Bottom