Henne is in trouble. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Henne is in trouble.

dolphinkid123

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Here is why I think Henne will not be able to do anything and he will get blamed. We can all agree that Pennington is a better QB than Henne right now. Even he struggled with this core of recievers. This will be Henne's 1st start he is going to need all the help he can get. I truly do not think he will get much. The O-Line will definitely help him out but even if he has all the time in the world if the recievers do not get open he can't do anything. The final drive against the chargers he did ok but that was mainly because of a great catch by Ronnie and short passes to Bess. The bills will notice that and once those short passes are taken away then thats all she wrote. I feel really bad for Henne because he will be judged unfairly if he does bad but even a good QB will struggle with these recievers. Lucky for him buffalo will be missing a few starters on defense so that should help.

The only place Henne will be in trouble will be on this site. The coaches and FO will look to evaluate and teach. It will be in the following weeks that will decide his fate. The main thing the coaches will be looking for is whether he can learn from his mistakes...which he will make...but that is to be expected.

The coaches know the talent level around him...and they know a lot more about "who's fault" it is on plays as far as reads and decisions he makes. A PERFORMANCE THAT LOOKS BAD TO US, MAY NOT BE SO BAD TO THEM.

IMO, Henne will only be in trouble if he goes out there and plays like a Robot.....He has to think on his feet, not be afraid to make mistakes and take some shots down the field. Stop with the 3 yd passes on 3rd down. Take some shots on first down. the reason the Penny struggled is because of his limitations. Defenses are not or should I say were not going to let CP throw the ball were he liked. They sat on the short throws and went after him. Something that good defenses do, which we didnt see alot of last yr.

Henne is not in trouble.

He is exactly where he should be right now....

...... proving whether he will be considered for our QB of the future or not.

Put up or shut up. This is a job.

I don't think he's in trouble. He has a solid OL , he has a solid run game to back him up. Ted Ginn is more suited for a QB like Henne(if Teddy can keep his hands on the ball.) The team is 0-3 so a single win is better than what we had all season. He has no pressure on him to produce at a high level. The front office believes he is the future because this is what they do for a living, they evaluate players. To tell you the truth I can't think of a better position for any QB just starting to come in at. I loved Pennington at QB dispite the dinks and dunks but now my support is behind Henne.

I'm just glad he is finally playing. I hope nothing for the best from Henne but I just want to see what we are dealing with in terms of "The Future." I'd love to see Ginn finally catching something especially if its a huge pass for a touchdown. Heck I'd take the same thing with Hartline if Ginn continues to falter.

It is very unusual for any team in the NFL to have all of the right pieces in place at all times (only one SB winner a year, and even then its sometimes pure luck, alignment of the stars and a full moon) .

Great QB's help average WR's look good. Great WR's help average QB's look good so on and so on...

point is... no team has the perfect skillset at all times.

This is an opportunity for the kid to demonstrate if he has the ability to elevate the players around him. I personally feel that is what we need..If he does it then great if he doesnt then we know where he stands.

the team needs a leader at QB. Somone with the confidence and arrogance that nothing can stop them and will fight until the end.

Here is why I think Henne will not be able to do anything and he will get blamed. We can all agree that Pennington is a better QB than Henne right now. Even he struggled with this core of recievers. This will be Henne's 1st start he is going to need all the help he can get. I truly do not think he will get much. The O-Line will definitely help him out but even if he has all the time in the world if the recievers do not get open he can't do anything. The final drive against the chargers he did ok but that was mainly because of a great catch by Ronnie and short passes to Bess. The bills will notice that and once those short passes are taken away then thats all she wrote. I feel really bad for Henne because he will be judged unfairly if he does bad but even a good QB will struggle with these recievers. Lucky for him buffalo will be missing a few starters on defense so that should help.

Disagree that will happen unless Buffalo can bottle up our running game and force Henne to throw. Even then it is 50/50 that will happen anyway.
If that does happen I would start rolling Henne out of the pocket which with his mobility over Penn will give him a bit of the edge and I beleive open up our passing game. Between Bess playing QB friendly underneath, Hartline on the intermediate route getting open and Ginn running down field I beleive we can open things up. Really Harline is the answer here if he can get open and catch 3-5 balls. Ginn they have to respect (even though he might just catch 50%) of the deep strike with his speed and Henne's arm to deliver. Also we saw Ronnie in the passing game a bit more with Henne on the intermeditate route expect more of the same this week. Remember how dangerous Ronnie was getting in the passing game 2 years ago when he went down with his knee injury. That can happen again. We do need a receiveing TE badly. Fasano just cannot get it done by himself we need a Justin Peele.

It is very unusual for any team in the NFL to have all of the right pieces in place at all times (only one SB winner a year, and even then its sometimes pure luck, alignment of the stars and a full moon) .

Great QB's help average WR's look good. Great WR's help average QB's look good so on and so on...

point is... no team has the perfect skillset at all times.

This is an opportunity for the kid to demonstrate if he has the ability to elevate the players around him. I personally feel that is what we need..If he does it then great if he doesnt then we know where he stands.

the team needs a leader at QB. Somone with the confidence and arrogance that nothing can stop them and will fight until the end.

Dude, you just dropped some major science. You gotta post more.

BTW- you're avatar is a trip.

Back
Top Bottom