"Henne's stats don't tell all" Another SunSentinel crap article | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Henne's stats don't tell all" Another SunSentinel crap article

Funny I haven`t read anything where people are stating he`ll be the next Brady or Manning just that he shows excellent progress and potential. Just because some show stats of over successfull QB`s at the same stage of their careers does not mean that they think they`ll be the same player. There is a pattern to successfull players in the NFL and of course some end up on the wrong end and some end up greater then ever expected but there`s nothing wrong with using stats to compare players.

Most of us are just happy that for atleast next years draft we will not be looking for a QB.

Maybe it's just me but I can't stand this 'writer' Ethan Skolnick. He says right in the first paragraph that "the intent of this column is to splash icy water on any and all overheated expectations" in reference to Henne. Is that really the way to write a column, did his editor come to him with that as an assignment?

Editor: Hey Skolnick we need you to write an article that throws ice water on the Henne hype.

Skolnick: Yes sir boss, I just come up with some random stats that put big question marks on him.

Since when does a reporter admit that before even writing something he went into with a preconceived notion of what he wanted his findings to be? It is so obvious that he is trying his hardest to weave his story into what he wants the final analysis to be....which by his own admission was predetermined.

So I say F-YOU Ethan Skolnick your a two bit hack writer!

Heres the article, if I'm wrong then please let me know. By the way I get that he's saying Henne's starting off good doesn't guarantee he's the future, and thats fine. It's the fact that he went into the assignment with this as the predetermined outcome of his findings is what bothers me. To me thats not journalism it nothing more then Mad Libs style writing.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...-henne-dolphins-miami-112909,0,3639056.column
Stating the intent of the paper in the first paragraph and then arguing for it throughout the rest of the paper. Oh boy, what a foreign idea.

Have you ever even written an essay before?

Back
Top Bottom