Henry or Edwards? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Henry or Edwards?

Originally posted by relive1972
One thing Edwards has going for him is he's got the best hands of all of the backs on the roster.

Not to mention that Norvs offense is the same type of offense that the old OC frm new england ran. very similar but norv does use the FB more in the Flat i think. i cant remember that guys name that used to be in dallas with chan gailey. he smoked cigarettes in the booth though. damn i cant remember it!:confused:

Originally posted by Dol_Fan5434
i love edwards, and he has shown me a lot more than henry, i say keep henry on the practice untill we need him/...........

I say keep all four! the colts will snag up LH the first minute he goes on PS! another idea is that if Edwards pulls his groin again or tweaks something., you can put him on PUP for the first part of the season and have him for teh rest of the year. that way the dust clears and you can keep both. you want to keep henry cus he is a good sized RB and young and he is signed for 4 years. then you will not have to worry about the RB position at all next year! we will be set! spend all draft picks on Oline and Dline!

Originally posted by finfan54

I say keep all four! the colts will snag up LH the first minute he goes on PS! another idea is that if Edwards pulls his groin again or tweaks something., you can put him on PUP for the first part of the season and have him for teh rest of the year. that way the dust clears and you can keep both. you want to keep henry cus he is a good sized RB and young and he is signed for 4 years. then you will not have to worry about the RB position at all next year! we will be set! spend all draft picks on Oline and Dline!

Ditto! :cool:

I think Henry only signed a 3-yr deal. But I get what your saying.(I've been saying it for weeks now.)

Originally posted by Miamian
Henry won't remain on the PS for very long if he's placed there.

We are going to find out. Unless there is an injury Henry is as good as gone. Edwards is popular with the players and the coaches.

I think there's every chance that Henry once placed on the PS will remain there until we need him. There's nothing that Henry did in preseason to distinguish himself and make him all that attractive or more attractive to another team then some 1st or 2nd year player already in their camp.

I like Edwards, but I think he will get hurt and we lose Henry to someone else and we have no backup for Ricky.. I just think Henry the better physical spiceman of the the two..but if healthy I like what edwards brings to the game...but can he stay healthy...He's the underdog that every one is pulling for...but are we right to do this..Miami will keep Edwards..sentimental favorite....and I hope Henry sticks too (PS) for insurance.

We have first reign to sign a guy from p-squad if another team offers him a deal. If someone does we may have to match it and bring him to the big show and cut another lesser guy.

I know we're not guarnateed but most players tell the team with and let them decide if they want to offer them a spot as well. (I guess if another team was offering a starting spot they'd go to them, but I doubt that happens.)

I'd keep Edwards... Henry was a 7th rounder and you can draft someone again next year. Edwards has loads of determination and was awesome when he was healthy for the pats!

Zampese smoked in the booth.

I stick with my gut that says we have been hiding Henry all preseason so he will clear waivers and make the PS. Henry played in the titan scrimmage and hasn't played since if I recall.

I guess he did play. Somewhere he has 12 carries for 16 yards.

based on that...against 3rd teamers....PS for him.

Precisely Jax. Teams don't hand 53-man roster spots to 7th round picks unless they've seen something good for themselves...rather than just hearing rumors from local papers saying he's looked good.

And I was just gonna mention that usually psquad guys will give their team first crack at signing him to the active roster. But Reuben Droughns did not do this with us when we put him on the psquad. Detroit made him a roster spot offer, and he went to Detroit without saying a word to us. The coaches would have rostered him too...but that figures to be a special case since he originally came over to us from Detroit and really wanted a spot on the Detroit roster to begin with. Brandon Winey is the other case, Denver made an offer to him, Winey gave us the right to match, we refused...off he goes.

Back
Top Bottom