Henson = 3rd Round Pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Henson = 3rd Round Pick

Little Danny

Tom Nomina
Reaction score
Just read some snippets from a Mel Kiper Jr article (I know...:o )

He actually had some input on Henson that made sense. Said Henson is more likely going to bring in a 3rd or possibly 2nd rounder for Houston. If he waits and enters the draft most teams are going to go for players who have recent experience and this draft has quite a few talented players. He would likely be drafted in the later rounds.

He also said Pittsburgh was high on Henson and was looking pretty hard at a deal with Houston.

Personally I think this is great news for thd Dolphins. Pittsburgh is probably looking at Rivers or Rothlisberger at the #11 spot right now. It would be nice to see one of the big three QB's slip slide his way to us at #20.

Personally I this makes more sense to me than the 1st round pick for Henson talk that has been kicked around lately. Having said that I think if he entered the draft he would go in the second round or early third.

What to y'all think?

Nah, i want Henson.

as much as i like Rivers, Henson helps out so much more. If Miami gives a future pick up then they still have 2 in the 1st this year. it's not like neither is going to play asap.

Miami could either trade up (Get Fitzgerald) or just draft some other needs (IMO if Miami gets a WR, and Henson they should go D because after Andrews and gallery there is NO ONE worthy of round 1).

Kiper also said that McGahee would go in the third round last year & he went in the first. If you have talent as McGahee & Henson do, both top 5 picks before their dilemma for various reasons, will garner a first round pick.

Henson won't after missing all this time IMO. Of course, what we think doesn't matter it will all play out in the draft.

Henson is AT LEAST two years away though after having sat out and not playing a lot of football games at Michigan in the first place.

Originally posted by SMadison29
Kiper also said that McGahee would go in the third round last year & he went in the first.

It's really tough to predict insanity. :rolleyes:

BTW

How did that pick work out for them?

Originally posted by ZOD

Well, let's see. They picked McGahee for 2004-2005, as far as I'm concerned. I don't think the 2004 or 2005 season is over yet, but I'm not too sure. :confused:

We don't know yet. I suspect it will work out beautifully once he supplants Travis Henry which could be sooner rather than later.

Originally posted by Little Danny
Pittsburgh is probably looking at Rivers or Rothlisberger at the #11 spot right now.

Roethlisberger yes, but Rivers? He's not worthy of a top 11 pick.

Re: Re: Henson = 3rd Round Pick

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

Roethlisberger yes, but Rivers? He's not worthy of a top 11 pick.

That would be the funniest thing. I'd love to see that, even though I'd lose my bet with Carolina.

Originally posted by ZOD

It's really tough to predict insanity. :rolleyes:

BTW

He'll supplant Henry this year & Henry will be traded/released next off season.

"They picked McGahee for 2004-2005,"

That's right my man. The vast majority of rookies don't give you much the first year anyway. That's why it amazes me when you see one of them start to play well regardless of the position...

--Ross

Someone please explain this fascination people have with Drew Henson. He hasn't played football for 3 years, he is almost 24 years old. He backed up Tom Brady at Michigan for 2 years, he had a very good junior year 2400+ yds, 18TDs, 4Ints. Then the Yankees showed him the $$$$$$ and he took off, even though he was committed to Michigan for another year. Gee Drew I wonder where your head and heart were on that decision.
To give up a 1st round or even a 3rd round pick for this guy is crazy. I'd take Rivers, who in his 3 years as starter at NC State, progressed nicely each year. He's 2 years younger than Henson and he will be able to step in as the #1 QB more quickly.

No Rivers is actually 10 months younger. Second Henson has a strong arm, is mobile, quick release, accurate, perfect specimen, no faults.

Oh shutup with the money comment, I would do it too, anyone would. If Dan got enough money from the Royals he would have done it too.

No actually Drew by the time all of the off-season camps and TC are over will be in perfect football shape and will be very good.

Rivers is a late 1st rounder. Henson if he went into the draft was #1 overall. Big difference.

I heard he beat brady out. I do know that he was considered such great athlete that the yankees threw a ton of money at him. and now 2 years later he realizes he is never going to make it in baseball. So he wants to play on the big stage for much less money. To me that's a big difference. He doesn't want the money he wants the fame

Good for any team that gets him...

IMO, if an athlete gets a 4 year scholarship from any college, they're expected to honor that commitment, no matter what the circumstances are.

Back
Top Bottom