Henson = 3rd Round Pick | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Henson = 3rd Round Pick

Originally posted by Ross
I heard he beat brady out.

That's partially true. Henson as a freshman did beat out Tom Brady the senior but Henson struggled & Brady took over. As a sophomore Henson excelled in 2000. Then Henson left for baseball.

Originally posted by Ross
"They picked McGahee for 2004-2005,"

That's right my man. The vast majority of rookies don't give you much the first year anyway. That's why it amazes me when you see one of them start to play well regardless of the position...

--Ross

Running back is one position where rookies have a much better chance of making an impact early.

The McGahee pick was dumb IMO. It'd be like us re-signing Wally and then drafting a DE in the 1st round (since Buffalo gave Henry a one-year extension thru 2005 prior to last year's draft). Henry had 1438 yds and 43 recs for 14 total TDs in 2002. Pretty darn good IMO.

thank you ajdoggie Rivers played 4 years did great improved every year he has earned his right to be a NFL star. Rivers did things in college I know Henson could'nt do. Henson had one good season with an awesome team he is the best not in my opinion no really it is a fact. This guy is hyped up to be better than everybody when he has only proven 1 year of work.

Rivers gets bit*hed at by fans and reporters because of his unorthedox throwing. If it aint broke leave it alone this guy is awesome. Mike Tice I believe said with his height he will not have problems getting balls batted down.

If we dont get Rivers I hope Losman Henson who ever is our future qb succeed.

My vote will be Rivers tell the draft is over.

What is the deal with all you guys that just love henson and are suggesting we give up a 1 ROUND PICK for him. im sorry but i dont think this guy has proven himself at the pro level and i dont know much about him but i think rivers is a much more better choice then henson. if he does enter the draft theres no way in hell we should get him, id rather have jay fiedler back over henson.

Originally posted by dolfan34
What is the deal with all you guys that just love henson and are suggesting we give up a 1 ROUND PICK for him. im sorry but i dont think this guy has proven himself at the pro level and i dont know much about him but i think rivers is a much more better choice then henson. if he does enter the draft theres no way in hell we should get him, id rather have jay fiedler back over henson.

How many #1 (Edit: First Round) picks do you know HAVE proven themselves at the pro level prior to going pro? :rolleyes:

Henson has'nt proven himself period 1 year of college aint sh*t in my book. How can he be so great in only one year of college.

Noland you haven't even watched Henson enough. He has all the physical talent, mental intangibles.

Rivers has questions. Arm strength is nothing compared to Henson. But Henson isn't a one hit wonder, he is better with everything or equal than Rivers. Forget he's been out of football for two years. It doesn't matter. After all of training camp and the pre-season he will be even more than he was when he left football.

"Running back is one position where rookies have a much better chance of making an impact early."

That's true Muck, but that isn't the point. Buffalo picked him knowing full well he wouldn't play until the 2004 season...

--Ross

That would be my other point henson has been out of football for two years so the game is gonna be super speed to him now, so we will do better by selecting phillip rivers at least hes been playing lately.

No it's not. After all of training camp that whole two year thing will be shot out the window. He is already looking very sharp in his workouts.

I know Henson is talented no doubts I just dont see how he is the greatest after one season. Rivers played for 4 years an it is like everybody forgot what he has done.

Their are really no questions about Rivers every commentary thought he had good arm strength and accuracy case closed. Kosar made his side arm throw work and I believe Rivers could be better than Kosar. But if I did have a question it would be his side arm throw. He did'nt gett passes batted down in college they are no shorter in college and his quick release will get past them anyway. Which NFL players are faster I still believe it will work.

Again Henson does have talent and if we can't get Rivers I would like to have Henson. Everybody makes him sound like god when he has'nt played in two years and only one year of college.

No one makes him sound like God, I just think he has more pro potential than Rivers and can bomb it deep better.

I think it is close either way I just always wanted Rivers to be drafted by Miami every since he was a freshmen at NC State. He has got an excellent attitude an he said that he is willing to learn what ever they can teach him. He is also got alot of football smarts.

I would'nt cry if we can't get Rivers and go after Henson Just as long as we leave Losman alone.

I will be happy with what Marino does I hope.

What is the deal with all you guys that just love henson and are suggesting we give up a 1 ROUND PICK for him. im sorry but i dont think this guy has proven himself at the pro level and i dont know much about him but i think rivers is a much more better choice then henson.

No college player has proven themselves on a pro level, that's why it's called college. & like you said, you don't know much about Henson. He was the potential #1 pick. How easy is it to get a #1 overall talent for a late first rounder or a second rounder?

Would'nt give anything lower than a 4th rounder for Henson ,to much at stake there.guy has not faced NFL caliber defense .could take him a couple of years to become an NFL level player, if he can .And what if Yankees decide not to let him go? Lets take our chances with the young guns in this years draft. Rivers is a player. If he's there snatch him.

Back
Top Bottom