Henson = 3rd Round Pick | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Henson = 3rd Round Pick

Um neither has Rivers, what kind of statements is that. There is the same risk, maybe less since what you are suggesting is taking Rivers with the 20 and this guy with a future 1 or 2. Yankees will want to settle this and get some cash of the coming years.

I want one of them.

If you can get one of them now, IMO you have got to go get him because their is no gurantee that Rivers will be there for us to get.

I don't care who but lets get a young guy that has potential...

Originally posted by Papi
Would'nt give anything lower than a 4th rounder for Henson ,to much at stake there.guy has not faced NFL caliber defense .could take him a couple of years to become an NFL level player, if he can .And what if Yankees decide not to let him go? Lets take our chances with the young guns in this years draft. Rivers is a player. If he's there snatch him.

NO college player has faced an NFL caliber defense though being from the Big 10 he's faced the best college defenses.

It's gonna take Rivers, Losman, Pickett, Schaub, etc... a couple years before they can play.

Henson is only 24, not old.

It's not a question of if the Yankees decide not to let him go because it's a different profession. Henson just trying to get as much money from the Yankees as he can.

If Pittsburgh gives the Texans a first rounder for Henson.. Would that elevate the chance of the Texans giving their #10 for Adewale Ogunleye?? All the Texans would be doing is dropping from #10 to #11..

That would be the reason I would let Pittsburgh get Henson..

I don't think Pittsburgh is considering giving the Texans their 1st rounder. The talk is more of a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

As for why Henson is a bigger risk than the top 3 QB prospects this year...

Players increase or drop in value year to year. That is part of the reason some players come out early. If you are a top 10 pick as a junior and have an injury or sub-par year that will drop you in the draft. Henson had one good year in college. He looked great but stepped away from the game for two years. That seriously hurts his draft value. Especially considering he is up against several QB's who have had stellar careers starting several seasons in college.

As for the risk, every college player is a risk - especially QB. But there are different levels of risk. If two players look similar in talent in the combine, taking a QB who is just leaving college and started multiple seasons is flat out less risky than picking a guy who started one season and left the game for two years.

I like Henson and would be happy if we picked him up for a 2nd or 3rd rounder. Having said that he was listed as a 'can't miss' prospect in baseball and busted. Now many are listing him as a 'can't miss' football prospect. Buyer beware.

Back
Top Bottom