Henson | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Henson

Phin19

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
why is this guy so special? , i mean he´s been out for a while and we don´t know if he would be really that good. it mght take at least a year for him to get into sync.
i personally prefer Rivers

I prefer Hensen cause we dont have to use are first round pick. Plus Michigan players seem to produce well in the NFL. I believe they have great coaching at Michigan and they prepare their players well for the NFL. I feel we need some OL more then a qb

Originally posted by Phin19
why is this guy so special? , i mean he´s been out for a while and we don´t know if he would be really that good. it mght take at least a year for him to get into sync.

i agree with this guy ^^^^^

Originally posted by Brad528
I prefer Hensen cause we dont have to use are first round pick. Plus Michigan players seem to produce well in the NFL. I believe they have great coaching at Michigan and they prepare their players well for the NFL. I feel we need some OL more then a qb

So John Navvare will be good in the NFL?? Brady is good, but Griese sucks. Your statement about Michigan QB doing good in the NFL is confusing. That said, I like Henson as well.

because Hensen is better then Brady at passing, better arm, more accurate...the reason Brady started instead of Hensen was because Brady could read Defenses better.....but that can come with time and practice and Hensen did a pretty good job for the 8 starts he was in, 24TD to 7ints, 57% completion, 2,xxx some odd yards etc. Ask any scout (or read any scout's comments, quotes etc. in any newspaper, find em through google) and you'll see at the time (only a couple of years ago) he would have been a top 5 draft pick....so he's had a couple of years off.....he didn't lose his ability and with him working in the offseason.....if everyone from every city / college / pro team says he has the mechanics, arm and accuracy then I'm all for getting him. The only bad thing anyone has to say is...is that he's been out for 3 years.....well the kid is only 24 and has a solid 10 years left in him or more if he's as good as people think he is.

hey chambers84-

that girl over there has it, but she calls it something else ;)

not word for word, its been too long, but back on subject fellas...

Originally posted by Phin19
Henson was considered a top 5 pick when he decided to be a 3rd baseman instead of a QB; maybe even #1 overall

the guy is 6'4" 220+, can throw and can run about a 4.7 he c/b a great QB

how many times have I repeated that statement in how many threads :smackhead

So John Navvare will be good in the NFL?? Brady is good, but Griese sucks. Your statement about Michigan QB doing good in the NFL is confusing. That said, I like Henson as well.

Don't forget Todd Collins!
:fire: :lol:

Re: Re: Henson

Originally posted by dolphan39
Henson was considered a top 5 pick when he decided to be a 3rd baseman instead of a QB; maybe even #1 overall

Until some team either picks or trades for Henson, you're proably going to have to repeat that statement many times over and over until the situation is resolved.:D

When you're thinkin about Henson, think JP Losman except without any shred of the attitude problems, a little better size, a little better style of offense in college, WAY better defenses facing him, but possibly a little more "raw" than Losman.

I think Kiper has the right of it though, saying Henson is the 4th best QB in this draft. We all know he has the tools. But his experience at Michigan was nowhere near plentiful. Guy only started 8 games in his career, and contrary to what some are saying he didn't beat Brady for any starts nor did he force his way into the lineup at the end of the 99 season. From the fans account I read, it was the beginning of the season the coach couldn't decide whether to start Brady or Henson so he played them both each game. Eventually Brady won. In only 9 games in 2000 Henson nearly out-produced what Brady did in 99. Then again, Brady had to put up with Henson having about 100 pass attempts in 99 so it about evens out.

The concern is this is a guy that only started 8 games in college and then left football for three years. We know he's got the tools but by golly if the game were just about the tools or having the ability to look good over an 8 game stretch, Rick Mirer would have been a Hall of Famer. Rivers started 4 years at NC State and tore it up every year. He's got great size and reeks of every intangible you'd ever want in a QB. He went to the Senior Bowl and dominated where a couple of other pretty good QBs (Losman, Schaub, Pickett, Harris) could not. He deserves to be ranked higher.

But honestly the best thing that might happen to us is Henson to go into the draft and impress someone enough to take him before Rivers cuz then Rivers might fall to us

But honestly the best thing that might happen to us is Henson to go into the draft and impress someone enough to take him before Rivers cuz then Rivers might fall to us.
I'm with you on this CK. :hi5:

Re: Re: Henson

Originally posted by dolphan39

Unfortunately you will need to reapet it time and time again. I agree with you about Henson. He is a great athlete and QB. HIs time line and draft cost suit our needs exactly. Lets hope we get him. I heard that he told a reporter he will play anywhere b/c he is just happy to be playing in the NFL but if he had the choice (and he may) he likes GB BUff and MIAMI!!!:D :eek:

Not surprising. GB and Buff are two places with aging QBs that will bow out within a few years. Miami has a jumbled QB situation right now but wants a QB of the future. I personally think GB has to be the front runner of all three.

Back
Top Bottom