Henson | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Henson

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Not surprising. GB and Buff are two places with aging QBs that will bow out within a few years. Miami has a jumbled QB situation right now but wants a QB of the future. I personally think GB has to be the front runner of all three.

Its not suprising but the consensus is Henson will need two years to get rolling. That does not fit the GB timeline. That leaves us and Buffalo. Both Bledsoe and Brunell are 32 or so. That may fit. We have ricky, a younger WR & TE, not to mention warmth and chicks in skimpy clothing. Why would he look elsewhere? Also he may want to get as far from NYC as possible.

If we get Brunell then i want Henson, he has the tools and with Brunell would have time to learn. Losman scares me that he is another leaf with his attitude. Rivers, sorry not sold, mechanics are bad, will that hurt him in this league? or is it nothing?

Rivers arm may be good, but Henson has a gun. We have seen enough of avg arm qbs for a while. I want a qb that can make all the throws.

Its not suprising but the consensus is Henson will need two years to get rolling. That does not fit the GB timeline

Thats some pretty thin logic you're using to eliminate Green Bay. If anything the fact that Favre has only committed to one more year of playing would make things more attractive to Henson. What you are questioning is whether or not Green Bay goes ahead and makes an offer for Henson. Valid question, but what I'll say to that is, this "concensus" timeline of 2 years isn't necessarily as "concensus" as you might think. In another thread its just been reported that Green Bay is the front runner for Ricky Ray's services. If they get him, it may be a sign that their interest in Henson has cooled. I personally hope this is the case, because I think if Green Bay doesn't go after Henson then Pittsburgh will jump back in and get him.

I think anyone should be able to see that Pitt is lying through their teeth about not being interested in Henson. I'm not quite sure to what end, YET, but its obvious. The speak out of one side of their mouth while at the same time sending a scout to his workout. Riiiight. Contrary to popular belief, not every team in the NFL have booked their tickets to the February 12th workout. The only ones who have done so reportedly are Miami, Buffalo, Green Bay, KC, Pittsburgh, Seattle, and the Giants.

Originally posted by rickeyrunsover
If we get Brunell then i want Henson, he has the tools and with Brunell would have time to learn. Losman scares me that he is another leaf with his attitude. Rivers, sorry not sold, mechanics are bad, will that hurt him in this league? or is it nothing?

Rivers arm may be good, but Henson has a gun. We have seen enough of avg arm qbs for a while. I want a qb that can make all the throws.

I agree about Henson and his stuation matching ours. However Rivers is the real deal too. His mechanics wont be a problem and he could be great. Henson has more potential and we have time and ability to gamble on him.

Is anyone else worried that Henson will be like a Rob Johnson. He's the "ideal" QB, but i think he will never live up to the hype. I have much more confidence in Rivers

I have more confidence in Rivers because he started 4 years and maintained that high level of play the entire time...improved the whole way. Its like the Eagles when they drafted Donovan McNabb. What they liked about him rather than the other guys like Akili Smith, Daunte Culpepper, and Cade McNown was that Donovan was a 4 year starter. It COULD be no coincidence, that Donovan has turned out to be the best of all of them.

I have more confidence in Rivers because he started 4 years and maintained that high level of play the entire time...improved the whole way. Its like the Eagles when they drafted Donovan McNabb. What they liked about him rather than the other guys like Akili Smith, Daunte Culpepper, and Cade McNown was that Donovan was a 4 year starter. It COULD be no coincidence, that Donovan has turned out to be the best of all of them.

Keep in mind the guy he was "behind" (it was more like beside) was Brady. The same Brady who has two rings, beat out a #1 overall pick in Bledsoe and is drawing comparisons to Montana:eek: If he was not such a great athlete, the Yankees would not have backed up the Brinks truck and you would have seen another great year or so from him. Oh and Donovan started at Syracuse. I love the cuse but their Football program sucks. I could QB there.

Rivers:

- 4 year starter (experience)
- Never missed a game (not injury prone)
- Owns most if not all ACC passing records (consistent)
- Won every bowl game and senior bowl (shows up in big games)
- Married with a child (mature, not likely to show up on a police blotter)

You couldn't ask for a better set of "intangibles". I've seen Rivers play a lot (I live 15 miles from the NC State campus) and I've never seen Henson play, but if it came down to giving up a 1st round pick for Rivers or Henson, Rivers seems like much less of a gamble to me.

Heres my prediction:
Drew Henson will be a Packer.
Philip Rivers will be a Dolphin.

I think G.B. will lure Drew into the team, the legacy of Green Bay and following a guy like Favre will have a big impact on him I believe. He can learn from Favre for a year/two at most. I think Favre will be very open to that idea.
As for the Dolphins, we will get they guy everyone(most everyone) wants us to get, Rivers. I personally love this idea and really hope it comes to be. Like I said earlier in another post, either QB will be just fine with me.
Time to say goodbye to Mr. Fiedler, thanks but you just never got the job done my friend. No hard feelings as you head for the door.

I think anyone should be able to see that Pitt is lying through their teeth about not being interested in Henson. I'm not quite sure to what end, YET, but its obvious. The speak out of one side of their mouth while at the same time sending a scout to his workout. Riiiight. Contrary to popular belief, not every team in the NFL have booked their tickets to the February 12th workout. The only ones who have done so reportedly are Miami, Buffalo, Green Bay, KC, Pittsburgh, Seattle, and the Giants.

Most, if not all teams keep files on players even if they are not currently pursuing them. Spielman mentioned that when they got Sage. They had scouted him, but for whatever reason didn't pull the trigger in the draft. Pitt isn't saying that Henson sucks. All they're saying is that they feel the asking price is too high. Since they obviously have QB as one of they're needs it makes sense that they would still scout him so that if the price drops or if he becomes available later they have an opinion on him. While they could still be lying and secretly covet Henson, this isn't an obvious lie.

Back
Top Bottom