Herald reporting leaked logo confirmed | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Herald reporting leaked logo confirmed

My first impression is meh.

The words generic, uninspired and gay come to mind.

I'm a fan of the old school logo though. I was hoping they'd just lose the helmat and tighten up the sun- maybe sharpen some lines a bit. I was just hoping when it became modernized, it would blow me away, but I'm left wondering how many of my friends will make fun of my team's new logo. I'd say pretty much all of em will.

Same three words come to mind here too! Looks like I'll be spending quite a bit of money on "old" Dolphins gear these next two weeks.
I tend to think of the way the Tampa Bay Bucs took a huge step forward from creamsicle orange to their present day uniforms....this new Dolphins logo seems to be a step backwards, as if the Easter Bunny designed it?

Nublar, you are kind of stretching this... I think most of us can admit that Dee was at the very least stretching the truth.

In all honesty, he handled this whole thing rather poorly. He should have been confident in the design and the process, held a press conference earlier like the Jaguars did to prevent any leaks once production was started on new jerseys. If he didn't foresee that there was a high likelihood that it would be leaked once the gear was being made, then he is incompetent and naive.

i'm missing the part where it matters if he lied about the leak... is it really an issue?

Apparently, it's an issue to the five people in the world who still think that CEOs of billion dollar corporations always tell the truth.

Says you, whose opinion is irrelevant. If you're going to make the assertion that it's "very obvious" or "very realistic" that Armando didn't talk to Deerp the day of the leak -- which is not a fact and merely your opinion -- and then accuse others of making the exact same kind of assertion, only different from yours, then it's time for you to take a long look in the mirror.
My opinion is irrelevant? Just because it doesn't agree with your views you are going to personally attack me and say my opinion is irrelevant? I have just as much right to my opinion as you do Wal.

I like to deal with facts and what is out in front of us. There are a lot of facts that show Dee did not lie. The only cloudy area is the Armando tweet, but the way it was worded and the actions of Armando since that tweet show there is a much more likely chance that my "opinion" is closer to the truth. If people are going to accuse others of lying, they damn well better be able to back it up. If you can't, you are the one that needs to look in the mirror before accusing others.

Nublar, you are kind of stretching this... I think most of us can admit that Dee was at the very least stretching the truth.

In all honesty, he handled this whole thing rather poorly. He should have been confident in the design and the process, held a press conference earlier like the Jaguars did to prevent any leaks once production was started on new jerseys. If he didn't foresee that there was a high likelihood that it would be leaked once the gear was being made, then he is incompetent and naive.

I am not stretching anything, the whole thing started when Digital called him a liar and posted the video link as his proof. Yet that video happened BEFORE the leak. I just think when the term "liar" is used that people should be able to back it up.

New logo on NFL.com?

The tail looks a little smaller on this version. Bahgod, the sun spikes are horrendous if this is the final version. No idea what they were thinking with this sun design. Should have left the sun the way it was, it was fine.

DolphinsNFLcomLeakFeat-1.jpg

clear.gif

I can't wait to buy a new Tannehill jersey! Maybe Wake too... I kinda like the idea of pushing the release date to draft day. You know it's going to be exciting to see our #12 pick show off the new unis for the first time.

Please provide the proof he lied, I layed out my case against it pretty good and those who initiated the accusation have backed into a corner by trying to use the December rough sketch as proof. They tried to use the video, yet that press conference came the day before the "leak" of the official logo. Then they tried to use the Armando tweet as proof, though Armando never said when Dee told him this and it is very realistic that he was just going off what he said the day before at the press conference. I think it is very obvious that if Dee called Armando and lied to him, that Armando would have called him out for it in his story, blog or on twitter. Armando did not, which is more evidence that the quote came before the new "leak". Now they are using the December sketch, which while a similar shape, has a lot of differences that it is very fair to say it is not the final logo.

Again provide some actual proof of an incident where he flat out lied about the logo, I already shot down the other three attempts. It is one thing to say he lied and call him "Derp", but it is another thing to actually prove he lied. So far, you guys have failed.

What?!?!?!

Backed into a corner?????

Please just stop. This is getting beyond silly.

If the earlier leaks are not drafts of the official logo, then all this will be for naught. But if this or any of then previous leaks are in fact draft versions of the official logo, then Mike Dee both lied and put the Dolphins at risk regarding Their intellectual property.

This discussion is not fruitful. You are dead-set on defending Dee. So be it, but the facts don't support your position.

My opinion is irrelevant? Just because it doesn't agree with your views you are going to personally attack me and say my opinion is irrelevant? I have just as much right to my opinion as you do Wal.

Of course you do. Just as I have the right to call it irrelevant. And if you want to talk about personal attacks, let's go back to that post where you twice accuse everyone who disagrees with your version of events as "lying."

That's the pot calling the kettle black. Again.

I like to deal with facts and what is out in front of us. There are a lot of facts that show Dee did not lie. The only cloudy area is the Armando tweet, but the way it was worded and the actions of Armando since that tweet show there is a much more likely chance that my "opinion" is closer to the truth. If people are going to accuse others of lying, they damn well better be able to back it up. If you can't, you are the one that needs to look in the mirror before accusing others.

Says you. But for someone who "deals with facts" that assertion is noticeably absent of them.

Let's not forget another classic Armando tweet from later that same day...

‏Not to mention it's facing in wrong direction. Dumb. RT @StoneDog1178: I sure hope so cause logo that is going around just plain stinks

Shows how much we should trust this moron...among other things, he didn't realize we had logos that face in both directions

Dee should have simply said "We won't comment on any leaks, because the design is an ongoing process"...would have taken him off the hook.

i'm missing the part where it matters if he lied about the leak... is it really an issue?

Personally I don't give a **** about the leak. I'd rather see the logo right now. **** waiting until April to see it. I also don't care if Mike Dee lied or not. There are a ton of more important things in life to get worked up about and this isn't one of them.

If this is the FINAL logo, there are 2 things I don't like...

clear.gif

1. The sun is a mess. There is no symmetry to it. The sun spikes seem random and not consistently shape. While this is fine for an illustration, this is not good for a logo.

2. It looks like the tail is smaller than the original leak. While this does help the logo fit in more tight spaces, it also makes the dolphin's head and eye look disproportionately huge..

I guess I can get over these two minor points, but I really am confused by what they decided to do with the sun. The sun from the original leak was far superior.

EDIT: Also, the dolphin is a more aqua green than I thought it would be (or hoped it would be)

What?!?!?!

Backed into a corner?????

Please just stop. This is getting beyond silly.

If the earlier leaks are not drafts of the official logo, then all this will be for naught. But if this or any of then previous leaks are in fact draft versions of the official logo, then Mike Dee both lied and put the Dolphins at risk regarding Their intellectual property.

This discussion is not fruitful. You are dead-set on defending Dee. So be it, but the facts don't support your position.

Preliminary sketches are not final designs. Did Dee stretch the the truth and word things carefully? Yes, but he never flat out lied as the accusation would make it seem. The sketches are not the final logo you will see on helmets, hats, jerseys, hats, mugs, etc. Therefore the final logo was never leaked before last week.

This discussion is not fruitful because it isn't going the way you guys originally intended it to go. I have no agenda to defend Dee in everything he does, but I do think if someone is accused to be a liar, shouldn't there at least be some hard evidence to support that notion?

Personally I don't give a **** about the leak. I'd rather see the logo right now. **** waiting until April to see it. I also don't care if Mike Dee lied or not. There are a ton of more important things in life to get worked up about and this isn't one of them.

You're missing the point, it's no big deal if Dee mislead us about a stupid logo; but how are supposed to believe him when he makes statements about bigger issues like personnel or even the possibility of the team relocating..

Back
Top Bottom