Herald reporting leaked logo confirmed | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Herald reporting leaked logo confirmed

I am really baffled by the way the dolphins front office is handling the logo reveal. Last season they were promoting the new logo to the fans getting everybody excited. Then this year we heard logo re-branding ceremony, as if they were was to be a lebronesque unveiling of our new identity. Now we are hearing the reveal will be some side show the day of the draft as if it is no big deal. Sounds like a good plan gone bad to me. I just don't get having a ceremony on the day of the draft. It kind of cheapens the product and takes away from the draft imo.

Of course you do. Just as I have the right to call it irrelevant. And if you want to talk about personal attacks, let's go back to that post where you twice accuse everyone who disagrees with your version of events as "lying."

That's the pot calling the kettle black. Again.

Says you. But for someone who "deals with facts" that assertion is noticeably absent of them.

Show me the many facts that prove your side of the story. I laid out my case in great detail. Other than "He lied", there isn't much on your side.

If this is the FINAL logo, there are 2 things I don't like...

Hrm. Yeah I was hoping for more of the bluish aqua.

I think the tail is OK. I think it looks better with the bigger tail (like a real dolphin), but people will probably like it more with the smaller tail, since that's what most were complaining about.

You're missing the point, it's no big deal if Dee mislead us about a stupid logo; but how are supposed to believe him when he makes statements about bigger issues like personnel or even the possibility of the team relocating..

Not sure. If he lied about the team moving and they move, what difference does it make? We can't do anything about that. Nick Saban lied to the fans and we moved on.

You're missing the point, it's no big deal if Dee mislead us about a stupid logo; but how are supposed to believe him when he makes statements about bigger issues like personnel or even the possibility of the team relocating..

My friend, I don't know how old you are -- you might be a more seasoned man than I -- but please understand something:

Don't ever trust what anyone says to the public. Especially don't trust what people who want you to buy things from them say to the public.

And never, ever, ever trust a lawyer.

Regarding the tail, I think that is someones's speculation based on the leak photo...we don't know exactly what it'll look like.

Wow, are the dolphins going to be the last to confirm? The leaked photo dolphin was blue and this one is aqua. Something is "fishy".

New logo on NFL.com?

The tail looks a little smaller on this version. Bahgod, the sun spikes are horrendous if this is the final version. No idea what they were thinking with this sun design. Should have left the sun the way it was, it was fine.

DolphinsNFLcomLeakFeat-1.jpg

clear.gif

Regarding the tail, I think that is someones's speculation based on the leak photo...we don't know exactly what it'll look like.

It was on NFL.com, but who knows... It could have just been a graphic guy who works at NFL.com did a rendering based on what he thought it would look like.

It was on NFL.com, but who knows... It could have just been a graphic guy who works at NFL.com did a rendering based on what he thought it would look like.

Do you have a link to that page on NFL.com?

If the Dolphins and Dee did one thing wrong it is dragging this out until April 25th. Why not just do the release show now? What is the point of waiting? Especially now that everyone knows what the logo looks like.

Show me the many facts that prove your side of the story. I laid out my case in great detail. Other than "He lied", there isn't much on your side.

No side of the story has been proven. The "facts" that back up my side are clear for all to see who can see. They've been asserted in great detail in this thread. Feel free to go back and read them again.

Do you have a link to that page on NFL.com?

If the Dolphins and Dee did one thing wrong it is dragging this out until April 25th. Why not just do the release show now? What is the point of waiting? Especially now that everyone knows what the logo looks like.

I think I mentioned this already, but I've seen a couple of places where writers opined that this was because the NFL is pressuring Miami to unveil the new logo on draft day.

But then, that wouldn't explain why they wanted to unveil it on the 18th originally...

Nublar, you are kind of stretching this... I think most of us can admit that Dee was at the very least stretching the truth.

In all honesty, he handled this whole thing rather poorly. He should have been confident in the design and the process, held a press conference earlier like the Jaguars did to prevent any leaks once production was started on new jerseys. If he didn't foresee that there was a high likelihood that it would be leaked once the gear was being made, then he is incompetent and naive.

There's a business side to selling merchandise - the Dolphins just want to release the logo the way they planned. When the Jaguars unveiled their logo in a press conference - it created little buzz about their new logo and uniforms, which has already died down.

Say what you want about the Marlins but they did a masterful job with their business plan on the new merchandise. They signed big name players to create buzz, then when the leaks came out; they denied it because that's not the way they had planned to reveal it. Speculation created more buzz until they officially unveiled it at an unveiling party with the players and Pitbull (best party i've ever been to, btw). There was so much buzz going around that after they officially unveiled the new logo, they opened up the kiosks and the lines were 2 hours long to get the new Marlins gear. People that weren't even at the party came to get their hands on the new Marlins merchandise. Even after all crap that people said about never buying the new merchandise because they hated the new look; the Marlins merchandise sales went up 280%.

Like i said before, it's a business and they have every right to conduct it the way they want to. If you don't like the product they put out (on the field or in the stores) - as the consumer, u have the right and the option to find another product.

There's a business side to selling merchandise - the Dolphins just want to release the logo the way they planned. When the Jaguars unveiled their logo in a press conference - it created little buzz about their new logo and uniforms, which has already died down.

Say what you want about the Marlins but they did a masterful job with their business plan on the new merchandise. They signed big name players to create buzz, then when the leaks came out; they denied it because that's not the way they had planned to reveal it. Speculation created more buzz until they officially unveiled it at an unveiling party with the players and Pitbull (best party i've ever been to, btw). There was so much buzz going around that after they officially unveiled the new logo, they opened up the kiosks and the lines were 2 hours long to get the new Marlins gear. People that weren't even at the party came to get their hands on the new Marlins merchandise. Even after all crap that people said about never buying the new merchandise because they hated the new look; the Marlins merchandise sales went up 280%.

Like i said before, it's a business and they have every right to conduct it the way they want to. If you don't like the product they put out (on the field or in the stores) - as the consumer, u have the right and the option to find another product.

Yeah, the Jaguars did a really ****ty job of getting their fan base excited about their new logo. Whether people like the Fins new logo or not, they're talking about it.

Back
Top Bottom