Herald reporting leaked logo confirmed | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Herald reporting leaked logo confirmed

Nov_27_2003--nfl_large_580_1000.jpg

Why can't we just have this?

Makes too much sense.

I'd like to see a mock up of the new logo with a white facemask.

Could be sweet. I have high hopes for the uniforms. Please Nike, don't F this up

I don't hate it, don't love it. Pretty much indifferent. Interested to see what the uniforms look like though. Love the more retro talk if true.

I'll still be buying vintage gear.

One detail which is adding to my delayed approval for the new logo, seems to be how the old logo's flow were following the curvature of the helmet.

The new logo, while looking pretty sharp, in the image provided by the OP, almost goes the opposite...

Guess it's the old graphic art major in me..

My first impression is meh.

The words generic, uninspired and gay come to mind.

I'm a fan of the old school logo though. I was hoping they'd just lose the helmat and tighten up the sun- maybe sharpen some lines a bit. I was just hoping when it became modernized, it would blow me away, but I'm left wondering how many of my friends will make fun of my team's new logo. I'd say pretty much all of em will.

of course it reminds you of a travel agency or resort, beside the Dolphins what other sort of company would use a Dolphin as a logo lol

If you're from the UK and you don't like the logo/mascot/icon being a Dolphin, what lured you to the Dolphins in the first place? I'm trying to call you out, just curious.

Edit: Lol I meant to say I'm "not" trying to call you out.

Last edited by a moderator:
The other day someone wrote it and Armando wrote it again in this article; "The mascot will be parallel to the ground". Some of the people that have been mocking it up on helmets have done it so the dolphin almost looks like it's nose is facing the air. The angle makes a big difference. The angle is supposed to look more like the this on the helmet:

View attachment 10291

not like this:

View attachment 10292

My first impression is meh.

The words generic, uninspired and gay come to mind.

I'm a fan of the old school logo though. I was hoping they'd just lose the helmat and tighten up the sun- maybe sharpen some lines a bit. I was just hoping when it became modernized, it would blow me away, but I'm left wondering how many of my friends will make fun of my team's new logo. I'd say pretty much all of em will.

What's funny about the bolded comment is that you and your friends sit around comparing logos. :d-day:

does anyone remember this?
16585075-1.jpg

guess what the dolphins cannot afford to be so arrogant that they can shove this down our throats...the 49ers realized this...if the public reacts the way the 9ers did we can get change...

That one of Jason Taylor in the retro uni is nasty. I really hope we'll get to see the whole finished product and not just a jersey on draft day

If you're from the UK and you don't like the logo/mascot/icon being a Dolphin, what lured you to the Dolphins in the first place? I'm trying to call you out, just curious.

The logo matters nothing to me. They can use a bright pink tuna fish and it wouldnt matter much to me. Does anyone pick a team because of a logo? (serious question, seems an odd reason to me)

Persnally I think a massive animated Dolphin is a bad design for any logo. But I quite like this proposed new logo. People keep saying the proposed logo reminds them of a hotel, travel agent or sea world and all I said was of course it does, no other company would ever use a Dolphin.

Im a fan because I met Marino and thats how I heard of the team (or the NFL for that matter) I met him playing golf... oddly.

I dont dislike that we are named/themed after Dolphins.. I just think its hard to make a Dolphin into a good logo.

I don't understand how the logo is "gay". I mean you've gotta be pretty insecure to take it that far, but even so, it's a f***ing dolphin! How manly is that ever going to be? Give me a break, some of you need to realize its 2013, and not 1969.

Back
Top Bottom