Herbert is unreal this makes me ill | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Herbert is unreal this makes me ill

He is not in the Playoffs just like Tua. His release is slow but he has the ideal arm strength and pocket presence. Again he played great tonight but he has had some bad games this year that is why they are 9-8.

Both Raiders and Steelers are getting blown out next week.

Waste of 2 wildcard spots.

He played in a terrible offensive system.
That’s exactly what it was Forks... excellent post.

Justin Herbert didn’t fit into Oregon’s spread option concepts and it didn’t highlight his strengths and physical talents so it caused scouts pause when evaluating him.

To be fair I’ve been told numerous times that Flores wanted Herbert and made that very clear. I also believe Grier did but Ross trumped them both on that call. My point is I can’t put it on Flores and Grier when they wanted to make the correct call and that’s why I kind of give both of them a pass on that.

Justin Herbert isn’t just the future he’s the present. That kid is a superstar and can make throws that very few people on this earth can. It was a mistake selecting Tua over him and the FO knows it. It’s just a matter of how long they’re willing to wait to acknowledge it. It very well could be answered for us this offseason. We shall see.

I have no problem with getting Herbert but Tua is our QB not Herbert so why keep this going....

Justin Herbert didn’t fit into Oregon’s spread option concepts and it didn’t highlight his strengths and physical talents so it caused scouts pause when evaluating him.

To be fair I’ve been told numerous times that Flores wanted Herbert and made that very clear. I also believe Grier did but Ross trumped them both on that call. My point is I can’t put it on Flores and Grier when they wanted to make the correct call and that’s why I kind of give both of them a pass on that.

Justin Herbert isn’t just the future he’s the present. That kid is a superstar and can make throws that very few people on this earth can. It was a mistake selecting Tua over him and the FO knows it. It’s just a matter of how long they’re willing to wait to acknowledge it. It very well could be answered for us this offseason. We shall see.

He has a great supporting cast and still went 9-8. Being in miami, he wouldve regressed

I know it’s become “truth” that Ross forced the Tua pick, but until I hear that from Grier, Flo, or Ross, it’s hearsay.

He has a great supporting cast and still went 9-8. Being in miami, he wouldve regressed
He does and I wouldn’t argue that with anyone. But even last year as a rookie... he had maybe the worst OL in the league and still made it happen like a franchise QB is supposed to do.

I don’t agree with the majority that our weapons are the worst in the league like I read on here constantly. Do we need an upgrade? Absolutely and especially the OL. But my point is DVP Waddle Gesicki and even a guy like Mack Hollins. We’re not near as bad off as some like to make it out. No they’re not Keenan Allen and Mike Williams but they’re absolutely solid weapons.

Like I said I agree we need a better OL and a feature tailback but I don’t subscribe to the “our weapons are the worst in the league” crowd.

Yes the Chargers went 9-8 just like us but when we lose here everybody blames the rest of the team but Tua. When the Chargers lose its Herberts fault and he failed to win the game. People can’t have it both ways. You can’t have your cake and eat it to.

Great/elite players are going to be great/elite no matter where they landed. If we had Justin Herbert were better than 9-8 and were in the playoffs and people here would be talking about 2/3 future Super Bowls bc of our QB. If Justin Herbert was dressed in aqua and orange the praise here would be massive like it is now for Tua but instead people (Tua backers) like to s*it on him bc that’s who Tua is compared to bc we passed on him for Tua. That’s the only reason people love to bring up wins and losses regarding Tua and Herbert bc they see it with their eyes like the rest of us do. They see how much better Herbert is than Tua but they just don’t want to admit it so they resort to trashing Herbert whenever they can which is ridiculous.

I’m not saying you in particular are part of the ones doing this bc I don’t really know bc I don’t believe I’ve spoken with you much and if I have then forgive me. I have a bad memory but anyway no disrespect meant to you.

Anyone at this stage of this sad game that thinks Tua is better than or ever will be better than Justin Herbert is strictly seeing things the way THEY WANT TO SEE THEM. They are not grounded in reality in the least. The guy was otherworldly tonight while being harassed constantly. I felt bad for the ending of his season. SIX different 4th down conversions in the late stages of that game. Just unreal for what was involved with it and the teams that were trying to figure out if they were going home or to the post season. If the Chargers don't give up the 1st down conversion to Jacobs late, it probably ends in a tie and the Steelers are at home and the Chargers are in the post season. Damn unreal game, Chargers down 15 in the 4th and Herbert just not giving up for anything. And for the posters who think the Chargers did all that due to their wide receivers, please learn something about football and try to start to understand what it is you're ACTUALLY seeing on your televisions.

He is not in the Playoffs just like Tua.
And you're the same kind of fan who thinks if the Dolphins win a game that Tua should get the credit for it when he passes for 100 yards on the day. Yeah, you're not TOO BIASED or anything. Again....if you want to think that Tua is anything near what Herbert is you are free to do that. You're wrong....but you can think that if you can sleep better at night with that falsehood tucked in your skull.

Anyone at this stage of this sad game that thinks Tua is better than or ever will be better than Justin Herbert is strictly seeing things the way THEY WANT TO SEE THEM. They are not grounded in reality in the least. The guy was otherworldly tonight while being harassed constantly. I felt bad for the ending of his season. SIX different 4th down conversions in the late stages of that game. Just unreal for what was involved with it and the teams that were trying to figure out if they were going home or to the post season. If the Chargers don't give up the 1st down conversion to Jacobs late, it probably ends in a tie and the Steelers are at home and the Chargers are in the post season. Damn unreal game, Chargers down 15 in the 4th and Herbert just not giving up for anything. And for the posters who think the Chargers did all that due to their wide receivers, please learn something about football and try to start to understand what it is you're ACTUALLY seeing on your televisions.
When the game was on the line tonight , he couldn't get it done. Just like in college. Not sold on either QB yet, they both have a lot to prove. Tua can never be judged fairly until the Dolphins get a decent Running Back.

If Herbert was on the Dolphins this year, it would be easy to draw up a defensive plan for him. You play a 3-2-6 defense. Double Waddle on every play. Does he put up anywhere close to the numbers he has in LA, with this offense in Miami

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom