Here Are Potential Replacements For Tannehill While Dolphins Await Qb Of The Future | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Here Are Potential Replacements For Tannehill While Dolphins Await Qb Of The Future

restructure Tannehills contract and pick your QB next year and let him sit then transition to the future.
"restructure" is the reason this team is so ****ed up. They did it with Suh, with Jones and with Tannehill and it has not worked at all. I really hate the R word.

I'd really like to take a shot on Kyle Allen if the Panthers would be willing to part with him.

Former super-recruit, had a crap college career full of transfers and dog houses, etc. Turned up in Carolina and in Week 17 may have had the best passing day of any of the rookie QBs from 2018 other than Mayfield.

I don't think 3 best qb will be on board when we pick.This is how I would do it. which qb is better than OS and closed to thill17 skill in draft right now. 2nd tier qb.
Finley, Stidham, Grier, Jackson. I would draft one of these qb. I will give that person one yr proved his self. if it don't work draft another qb next yr.

Right now the media are running with this notion that the team wants to do everything in its power not to win games in 2019 and it's poisoning articles like this one.

Barry Jackson runs down a list of valid QB options and pretty much every single one is "too risky" because the player might win games.

THAT'S WHY YOU SIGN SOMEONE. TO WIN GAMES.

Barry could've just written one headline with no article body. "Dolphins to stick with Jake Rudock and Luke Falk because they do not want to win games."

Because if you don't want to win games, that's what you do. If you do want to win games, you go out and get a competent quarterback.

This notion that the Dolphins would be going out to get a QB from the outside, paying money for him, but wanting to make sure he's not in position to win games, is ludicrous on the face of it.

I definitely agree with your general premise, but I do think it might be relevant for older QBs. The guys like Fitzpatrick and McCown who can still play but have 0 upside I would imagine aren't even on our radar. Could be wrong though.

I definitely agree with your general premise, but I do think it might be relevant for older QBs. The guys like Fitzpatrick and McCown who can still play but have 0 upside I would imagine aren't even on our radar. Could be wrong though.

I think there's a difference between heading into any potential signing asking the question, "What does this player do for me in 2020 or 2021?" versus heading into any potential signing asking the question, "Does this guy win us too many games in 2019?"

That's what I think the media are having trouble with right now, mostly because Armando swears by his sources that have told him that the Dolphins are actually asking themselves the latter question about every potential move, that every potential move comes with the concern that it would win us too many games in 2019.

I get it. They don't care about 2019. They're rebuilding. It makes sense. Every dollar or resource they spend in 2019 is going to be with the aim of it paying off in 2020 or 2021.

But that's not the same as having the ability to sign, let's say, a Tyrod Taylor to a 2 year deal for backup's wages, but then nixing it because they're worried he might win us too many games in 2019. And that's what Barry's article is full of. We can't sign so and so because he may win us too many games.

I think there's a difference between heading into any potential signing asking the question, "What does this player do for me in 2020 or 2021?" versus heading into any potential signing asking the question, "Does this guy win us too many games in 2019?"

That's what I think the media are having trouble with right now, mostly because Armando swears by his sources that have told him that the Dolphins are actually asking themselves the latter question about every potential move, that every potential move comes with the concern that it would win us too many games in 2019.

I get it. They don't care about 2019. They're rebuilding. It makes sense. Every dollar or resource they spend in 2019 is going to be with the aim of it paying off in 2020 or 2021.

But that's not the same as having the ability to sign, let's say, a Tyrod Taylor to a 2 year deal for backup's wages, but then nixing it because they're worried he might win us too many games in 2019. And that's what Barry's article is full of. We can't sign so and so because he may win us too many games.

Agreed 100%,it's a thin line between actively trying to lose and not necessarily making the best short term decision. But it's not so thin that the media should be having this much trouble identifying the difference.

If a stud isn't there at 13, trade down and grab Grier in the 2nd.

I was on the Grier Train at the start of last season, I stepped off it somewhat at the end. The arm strength is what has me most concerned.

I think the process is hurting Grier as much as any QB prospect right now, he wasn't very good at the senior bowl, didn't wow anyone at the combine, his pro day is absolutely vital for him now and he's got to really light it up to remind folks of what he did last year, he went toe to toe with Kyler Murray and beat a very good Texas team. If not I can see him slipping to the 3rd or 4th round, at that point I am buying.

Dolphins just need to find a couple QB's who have the highest turnover ratio's.

There is no better way for a talented team to put up L's in the win/loss columns than to have a QB who regularly gives up possession of the football.

The market will drive up Sanchez' value as the number of teams planning on tanking next year goes to an all time high. I can see tank jobs by Cinci, 49ers, Denver, Oakland, Dolphins, Giants, Panthers, Bucs, and Cards.

If we miss out on Murray or (to a lesser extent) Haskins, then I’m going to go with...I don’t care. Well, that’s not entirely accurate, I’d rather they roll with a complete turd over a mediocre QB.

Draft Stidham in R 3-4 and let him compete and audition with Falk and Rudock in 2019 for the backup position in 2020.

I swear reading that article made me nauseous

I was with you. Had the gun ****ed and was ready to pull the trigger then saw AJ McCarrons name. He's a national champion and has never been given a real shot in the NFL. I would sign him as my "vet" whether I plan on drafting a QB or not. You want boom or bust? He's the perfect signing.

If I don't draft a QB I sign Bortles to compete for the job.

If they do churn a lot of the aging and overpriced vets the idea that the Dolphins can win too many games with Taylor, McCown, Fitzpatrick etc is a bit far fetched. Those are QBs that don’t have the capability to lift a team consistently and need a lot of talent around them to win. The Dolphins are not very talented and will most likely have a very young team.

They really don’t need to try and tank because poor drafting, unwise free agent moves and restructuring contracts for many years have put them in this situation.

Wow Shula has to be turning over in his bed every night reading about all this loosing junk. Number 1 priority is the GM and very close second is the coach. Those 2 find the players coach the players that win championships. These coaching churns means it takes 3 years to determine if you have the correct coach GM combo. Now it's going to take at least 4 years. If we have the right guys ataciach andaGM then they should pick the very best guys today in the draft and free agency. Sure this year and next the criteria might be a age thing where the players might be 25 years of age or younger. That might be acceptable. The real discussion in this entire tank theory should be about coaching. Its a very slippery and dangerous slope for a coach to loose on purpose, it instills the wrong instincts in the players that can be difficult to turn around in a couple of years post tank mode.

If we want Miami to lose we should give the Bengals a conditional 7th for Kaaya. Dude already proved he can lose in Miami. Conditional that it's a 7th if we're among the 3 worst teams in the league in 2019, otherwise they get nothing.

Back
Top Bottom